• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Flint appear?

I don't know if this is right place but still I don't think it belong anywhere else.

As we all know Paul has won all Eight badge. So if in case he hasn't won an anime exclusive gym badge then he must have defeated Volkner. So unlike games Volkner won't behave like he does in games(bored cause no real challenger appears). Does that means that Flint won't appear cause his aim was to tell the player about Volkner getting bored and lightning fire in his heart by beating him and all that stuff.

There is one more thing to it actually. Maybe Barry will appear and lose too easily and leave Volkner in doubt if he should carry on with work of gym leader or challenge the E4.

So will Flint appear?

STICKTOPIA

If Volkner is depressed like in the games then I think Flint will appear. I don't think Ash's Monferno will evolve before the league so I think it'll be his Infernape appearing.

Torpoleon

I don't if Flint will appear. It depends if Paul got Volkner's vbadge or an anime-only badge. I do hope that it was an anime-only badge. It would be cool to see Flint appear. Maybe he wont appear though but who says he can't appear even if Volkner is not depressed?

Squaaah

Well it looked like Paul was getting the badges as Ash in the same order which makes you wonder why Pauls last badge wasn't from Sunyshore. Maybe they did it specifically so that Volkner COULD have his depressed storyline. Or maybe because Paul got the gym badge off him alot earlier in the saga, we just didn't hear about it, and since then Volkner has gotten steadily depressed.

Basically, I think theres plenty of scope left for Volkner to get depressed, which leaves plenty of scope for Flint to appear.

Plus, if they DONT do the Volkner storyline theres no reason why they can't let Flint appear. I mean, Cynthia appears in the game to give you Togepi and the potion for the Psyducks. She didn't do that in the anime, but she still appeared.

If he were to appear, there would be a whole episode about flint and his infernape, while flint is having trouble with something, ash and co. agree to help, with team rocket being kinda useless as usual.

Then, the next episode would be a gym battle.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
He will.. it is just commen sense. Seriously, it is the perfect time to introduce him.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
Two of you took my ideas either barry will come even better yet if nando can appear and lose to him. Either that or Paul had battled him way back and he hasn't found anyone as strong. Flint will def appear I think what ever happens. Maybe it just deals with ash, ash loses, deems ash weak then volkner goes around sunnyshore. Ash runs into flint, flint trains him and he rebattles volkner

Maybe they will show Paul with a anime only badge instead of Sunnyshore badge(I think its beacon). But it is also possible that Paul won Volkner's badge during start and thats why Volkner might be looking for trainer like Paul and getting depressed cause everyone lose to him. But they ruined my whole plan. I was thinking that Paul will lose to Volkner and then Ash gains victory and Paul leaves and win an anime exclusive gym badge.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hope that Flint will appear, but i don't think he will battle vs Paul. Paul already was in Sunyshore, so i doubt if he will return to there.

Alkaid

Paul probably lost to volkner and decided to go to weaker gym leaders

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No it has been confirmed that Paul got 8 badges. so Paul will be in Sunyshore maybe only to pass there to the league.

Of course he'd appear! If Barry appeared, Flint will too.

..When I think of an animé-version of Flint, I get the same vibe from when I see Barry on-screen... They are meant to meet each other. I need Flint. And Barry. Together as hyper-crazy-buddies yess. :>

Paul probably lost to volkner and decided to go to weaker gym leaders

I don't know about that but if in any case Paul win a anime exclusive gym badge instead of Volkner's gym and in case he hears about how strong Volkner is then he will surely challenge Volkner.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
I don't know about that but if in any case Paul win a anime exclusive gym badge instead of Volkner's gym and in case he hears about how strong Volkner is then he will surely challenge Volkner.

I think so too. Paul challenged Brandon!
and Gary once had like..10 badges and wanted more. Paul will want to battle against him just to try out his pokemon.

I hope they will show Flint. it sounds like a cool story. and we do know ANYTHING could happen in Sinnoh.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
I think so too. Paul challenged Brandon!
and Gary once had like..10 badges and wanted more. Paul will want to battle against him just to try out his pokemon.

^^^^^^^ This is what happens I forgot that gary had more badges or Paul beat him already. That gym is def the canalave gym that was shown all the gyms have a completely different look to them. They also have something related to their type sort of if my memory serves me right.

Torpoleon

maybe flint will be appear on johto battle frontier among with volkner
Why would Flint and Volkner appear there? This is Sinnoh not Johto.They don't have any reason to appear in Johto. (Please, why are you back?)

Shadow XD001

Flint will probably appear when Ash and Co. make it to Sinnoh and say Volkner is all down in the dumps because Paul swooped his whole team. (Torterra, really)

buizel kid

yes i presume so as he does in the games!