• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Gou stick around?

Icy-Snowflake

(No, really, I don't get it.)
(Is that supposed to be sarcasm again?)
Arceus needs to help itself when Goh proceeds to catch it. If he successfully catches Arceus, he's the new God of Pokemon world. You know what's next, everyone would be doomed.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

STICKTOPIA

Better then Ash and Goh's dynamic where Ash is the minion following Goh around and reacting to him lol.
There’s NO level of equality between ash and goh lol. Definitely a better dynamic with ash and Chloe

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Me Reading some of the Replies in this thread:
d2u7ti4-35209ccb-5210-4a22-b473-c8a08144187d.jpg

Anyways I don't think that Gou's a bad Character.

I've been seeing a LOT of hate for this poor boy for getting all 3 Starters when the main problem lies within the show's writing and it wanting to have it's cake and eat it too with all the hollow pandering.

Ash doesn't get a Galar Starter this Gen because the Writers want to fill Ash's Team with a bunch of Shillmon you'd only see in Fanfic for the sake of Fan-service.

However it falls flat when you realize that beyond giving Ash some popular Pokémon, the Writer's didn't actually have any plans laid out for them.(The only one on Ash's Team who can actually be described as having any real Development is Farfetch'd)

They didn't give Ash Shillmon because they actually care about developing Ash's Team.
They gave Ash a Team of Shillmon as a form of clickbait to boost their ratings.

However, none of this is Gou's fault.
And I don't think Goh getting all the Galarian Starters is his fault either.

Gou just got the leftover stuff the writers didn't want to see Ash with.

Gou got all 3 Galar Starters because the Writers didn't think they'd be Marketable enough to have a place on Ash's Team.

(Notice how hard they were pushing Cinderace as a counterpart to freaking Lucario? Because apparently can't Cinderace cant stand on it's own for some reason? :rolleyes: Notice how Sobble is just Background fodder and it took 59 Episodes for Grookey to debut? Notice how TPC didn't even give Cinderace, Inteleon and Rillaboom the minimum of so much as a proper Introduction and the Fanbase only found out about them because of Leaks?)

People are angry at Gou for having all 3 Starters are ignoring that the marketing department didn't have any faith in them to begin with

Last edited:

desdar300

Me Reading some of the Replies in this thread:
d2u7ti4-35209ccb-5210-4a22-b473-c8a08144187d.jpg

Anyways I don't think that Gou's a bad Character.

I've been seeing a LOT of hate for this poor boy for getting all 3 Starters when the main problem lies within the show's writing and it wanting to have it's cake and eat it too with all the hollow pandering.

Ash doesn't get a Galar Starter this Gen because the Writers want to fill Ash's Team with a bunch of Shillmon you'd only see in Fanfic for the sake of Fan-service.

However it falls flat when you realize that beyond giving Ash some popular Pokémon, the Writer's didn't actually have any plans laid out for them.(The only one on Ash's Team who can actually be described as having any real Development is Farfetch'd)

They didn't give Ash Shillmon because they actually care about developing Ash's Team.
They gave Ash a Team of Shillmon as a form of clickbait to boost their ratings.

However, none of this is Gou's fault.
And I don't think Goh getting all the Galarian Starters is his fault either.

Gou just got the leftover stuff the writers didn't want to see Ash with.

Gou got all 3 Galar Starters because the Writers didn't think they'd be Marketable enough to have a place on Ash's Team.

(Notice how hard they were pushing Cinderace as a counterpart to freaking Lucario? Because apparently can't Cinderace cant stand on it's own for some reason? :rolleyes: Notice how Sobble is just Background fodder and it took 59 Episodes for Grookey to debut? Notice how TPC didn't even give Cinderace, Inteleon and Rillaboom the minimum of so much as a proper Introduction and the Fanbase only found out about them because of Leaks?)

People are angry at Gou for having all 3 Starters are ignoring that the marketing department didn't have any faith in them to begin with
The final evolutions got their trailers revealed once the games released like their Generation 6 counterparts.
I think what we're seeing here is a poor man's attempt at emulating OS Ash by having go get a fully evolved fire starter who was disobedient initially and having the other two just be inverses a Bulbasaur and Squirtle personalities.
I suppose the same thing can be said about Go being a reverse OS Ash but this setup comes off is somewhat weak and dare I say misguided

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m just surprised Go manages to make people create and detail threads to the point of essays. He’s just there for me. I don’t hate him but he’s not my favorite character. I get some of the criticisms but they definitely go overboard

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m just surprised Go manages to make people create and detail threads to the point of essays. He’s just there for me. I don’t hate him but he’s not my favorite character. I get some of the criticisms but they definitely go overboard
Turned them into cringey keyboard warriors. Go's a boring and lame character, however basically half of the criticisms are either very half-baked or just unjustified.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been seeing a LOT of hate for this poor boy for getting all 3 Starters
Well, that & the fact that he caught Suicune & other strong pokemon like Golurk or Darmanitan in regular pokeballs

Personally, I hated Goh just as much as everyone else on the forums when the series was first announced because on paper his goal contradicts everything Ash's philosophy on raising pokemon stands for. However, after learning more about his personality and backstory, as well as how he cares for all of his pokemon just like Ash (even though he doesn't show equal attention to them on screen), he quickly became one of my favorite characters in the series because of how relatable he is and the fact that he was able to change my mind so soon.

I'm not that fond of how he's been getting more attention than Ash this series (especially in the last few episodes), but he's really grown on me as a protagonist and, since Ash has grown so far as a trainer and is currently aiming to be the world's strongest , I honestly wouldn't mind if Goh replaced Ash as the main protagonist once Journeys ends. As much as I want Ash to continue his journey, the fact that he's trying to become the #1 trainer in the world means it's about time for him to step down because, even though he said there's more to being a pokemon master than being the strongest trainer, I'm not really sure how they can show him continuing his goal after that. Plus, Goh has shown improving his skills in battle and adopting more of Ash's strategies and philosophies, so he can still share Ash's techniques to other trainers even though Ash isn't the main character anymore. I could see future generations having Goh travel to new regions to catch pokemon while his new main companion(s) would take that generation's equivalent to the badge quest.

Last edited:

desdar300

Turned them into cringey keyboard warriors. Go's a boring and lame character, however basically half of the criticisms are either very half-baked or just unjustified.
Psychology I feel like we could be chained up in Marineford about to get seared by Akainu that you would still find a way to downplay someone complaining.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Feminist males don't need to be ultra-feminine gary stus. Gou is just a twink.

Goh doesn't really seem feminine. He's definitely got some elements of a Gary Stu in him though.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I hope so. Sing for me your symphony of salt!

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The final evolutions got their trailers revealed once the games released like their Generation 6 counterparts.
I think what we're seeing here is a poor man's attempt at emulating OS Ash by having go get a fully evolved fire starter who was disobedient initially and having the other two just be inverses a Bulbasaur and Squirtle personalities.
I suppose the same thing can be said about Go being a reverse OS Ash but this setup comes off is somewhat weak and dare I say misguided
Even so Squirtle and Bulbasaur got plenty of focus. The way they were handled is a far cry from Sobble and Grookey's situation

Goh doesn't really seem feminine.
.....You're joking right?

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally I only hate Goh because how he's hijacked the show to advertise Go/Let's Go. I feel this is a detriment to Generation 8 as a whole since Galar wont get as much screentime as past regions. Heck we've hardly seen any of the Galar Pokemon in the show!

At this point I would've preferred a series set exclusively in Galar. Once this series ends I hope Goh disappears and is never heard from again.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh's next legendary capture is going to be something...

I still think he's a great character even if there were some poor writting so far.

Who the hell cares if someone is using an angry emoji on your post

This.

Just disable notification of reacts to posts. It worked great for me.

D

Deleted member 384931

The problem can be Gou. Or it can also be Satoshi. He act so bland and not interested you know

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Goh has already tried to release Cinderrace as a Raboot in a Goodbye Pikachu like episode, so he is not releasing his main Pokémon, who is the Pikachu of his team, who is the first Pokémon that he caught and chose to start his journey with.
I mean never say never, I can just see Goh leaving behind Cinderace in some form, maybe as a half release like squirtle and goodra for the sake of him promoting the next gen. Not saying I want that to happen, just Cinderace doesnt really guarantee Goh is going away after this series
I don't think any character in this anime is well-written tbqh.
Original Mewtwo definitely is with depth, great backstory and an ending. There are other well written characters too but in their own nuanced ways and highly subjective
Who the hell cares if someone is using an angry emoji on your post
Its funny to meme about, the angry reaction makes me laugh for some reason lol
Better then Ash and Goh's dynamic where Ash is the minion following Goh around and reacting to him lol.
Sure lets mow down all the great moments to this XD
Ash and Goh have great chemistry and a good friendship and dynamic, their dynamic is a strong suit of the series even if sometimes Ash takes the backseat
There’s NO level of equality between ash and goh lol. Definitely a better dynamic with ash and Chloe
Wow, are people actually watching the same show? Ash and Chloe barely interacted while Ash and Goh have had a great dynamic going since ep3. "Definitely better" Lmao
Psychology I feel like we could be chained up in Marineford about to get seared by Akainu that you would still find a way to downplay someone complaining.
Okay this made me spit out my drink :p

All in all, I like Goh, recently I have had problems with the pacing of his development (Yes he has had development folks) and have problems with the suicune character, but Goh is good. He cares for his mons, had nice personality flaws, does train his mons and can be fun. He has problems but hes fine, the hate is too much

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I mean never say never, I can just see Goh leaving behind Cinderace in some form, maybe as a half release like squirtle and goodra for the sake of him promoting the next gen. Not saying I want that to happen, just Cinderace doesnt really guarantee Goh is going away after this series

Original Mewtwo definitely is with depth, great backstory and an ending. There are other well written characters too but in their own nuanced ways and highly subjective

Its funny to meme about, the angry reaction makes me laugh for some reason lol

Sure lets mow down all the great moments to this XD
Ash and Goh have great chemistry and a good friendship and dynamic, their dynamic is a strong suit of the series even if sometimes Ash takes the backseat

Wow, are people actually watching the same show? Ash and Chloe barely interacted while Ash and Goh have had a great dynamic going since ep3. "Definitely better" Lmao

Okay this made me spit out my drink :p

All in all, I like Goh, recently I have had problems with the pacing of his development (Yes he has had development folks) and have problems with the suicune character, but Goh is good. He cares for his mons, had nice personality flaws, does train his mons and can be fun. He has problems but hes fine, the hate is too So

Sorry but it's a fact, Goh might do something in Ash episodes but in the Goh episodes, Ash usually does absolutely nothing but stand there and react to Goh, that's why people are mad at the lack of equality between them. In fact I can't think of a single thing that Ash has done in a Goh episode except sometimes battle for like a minute. Meanwhile Goh is always catching something or doing something for himself in Ash's episodes.