• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Gou stick around?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Sorry but it's a fact, Goh might do something in Ash episodes but in the Goh episodes, Ash usually does absolutely nothing but stand there and react to Goh, that's why people are mad at the lack of equality between them. In fact I can't think of a single thing that Ash has done in a Goh episode except sometimes battle for like a minute. Meanwhile Goh is always catching something or doing something for himself in Ash's episodes.
Screentime issues between the two doesnt equate to them having a bad dynamic necessairly but i digress
In Goh's early focused episodes Ash played a pivotal part in being a mentor of sorts, providing a more better outlook for Goh to strive towards
And even in Goh only episodes he still has interactions with him
Of course he wont play much a role in Goh focused episodes because well its, Goh focused
People realllllly underplay how many ash focused episodes there are and how many shared episodes they are
Also Goh didnt do **** in Visquez, Both bea battles and the Gurdurr Rinto battle, unless him getting a mon majorly offscreen or for 10 seconds is "significant"
Ash battling Koromi was much more significant then that lol
Also lets not forget the writers had Ash take down Rose the main bad while Goh the assistant
Plus Goh is new, he needs the screentime and development more than Ash

Goh may have some flaws, do the writers believe that Goh basically replaces Ash Ketchum as the Main Characters? Nope at all. I mean look at the first three previous series (XY and Best Wishes and Sun & Moon), Ash is still the Main Character of Pokemon Anime as a whole Anime but unless Pokemon Anime proves that it can test the water with a new character replacing Ash Ketchum and Pikachu as the main iconic Characters but it will not happen because of Money.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
People didn't bat an eye when Ash hijacked Serena focused episodes, but when the same thing happens to him I guess its a huge problem for some reason...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh represents karma coming to get Ash after all this years of him monopolizing other people's episodes!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
People didn't bat an eye when Ash hijacked Serena focused episodes.
Because he was the HERO(!) everyone loved (guys included, especially, because he was...is not allowed to have original non-female rivals). Serena was always stuck with the "almost out of the kitchen" role.
Original Mewtwo definitely is with depth, great backstory and an ending. There are other well written characters too but in their own nuanced ways and highly subjective
It's pretty telling its return simply got robbed entirely from that Shudo magic. It figures, though. Can't even stay for more than 11 minutes.
Agreed. what's wrong with Goh doing the same thing about Ash episode?
I guess it has to do with the fact it's just weird to have a second wheel having way more importance than the one who's supposed to have more presence. There is such a thing as being the "decoy protagonist," but when the lead looks too much like a second wheel in a WORLDWIDE goal that should by all means keep constant pressure that...he does offscreen...after AAAAAAAAAAAAALL this time... Yeah.

Goh's captures are so expendable because he puts little effort that the only thing that can stop him is if his throwing arm got broken and he can't use his other arm because he isn't a lefty (see, that would work as a comedic episode, but everyone would go back to grimacing if he went back to his crazy luck anyway). Those we can totally live without, but we must totally see that in "action" as it were, and we, the viewers, get to see him move much faster in his utterly undiscardable goal, so he practically is succeeding...too much.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

I mean never say never, I can just see Goh leaving behind Cinderace in some form, maybe as a half release like squirtle and goodra for the sake of him promoting the next gen. Not saying I want that to happen, just Cinderace doesnt really guarantee Goh is going away after this series

Original Mewtwo definitely is with depth, great backstory and an ending. There are other well written characters too but in their own nuanced ways and highly subjective

Its funny to meme about, the angry reaction makes me laugh for some reason lol

Sure lets mow down all the great moments to this XD
Ash and Goh have great chemistry and a good friendship and dynamic, their dynamic is a strong suit of the series even if sometimes Ash takes the backseat

Wow, are people actually watching the same show? Ash and Chloe barely interacted while Ash and Goh have had a great dynamic going since ep3. "Definitely better" Lmao

Okay this made me spit out my drink :p

All in all, I like Goh, recently I have had problems with the pacing of his development (Yes he has had development folks) and have problems with the suicune character, but Goh is good. He cares for his mons, had nice personality flaws, does train his mons and can be fun. He has problems but hes fine, the hate is too much
What great dynamic are we talking about here? Ash has helped Goh at times with his goals of catching Pokémon but when do we see Goh helping Ash? Goh straight up told Kiawe that he isn’t interested in helping Ash towards his goal.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
What great dynamic are we talking about here? Ash has helped Goh at times with his goals of catching Pokémon but when do we see Goh helping Ash? Goh straight up told Kiawe that he isn’t interested in helping Ash towards his goal.
Yes, yes we have. Goh literally helped Ash out of his depressive phase, always cheers him on for his battles, found Bea for him to battle, practised fencing with him to train farfetch'd. What he said to kiawe is that it isnt his duty to make sure Ash gets his goal because he too has his own dreams and that people should follow their dreams on their accord, doesnt mean he isnt there for Ash when Ash needs him.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Yes, yes we have. Goh literally helped Ash out of his depressive phase, always cheers him on for his battles, found Bea for him to battle, practised fencing with him to train farfetch'd. What he said to kiawe is that it isnt his duty to make sure Ash gets his goal because he too has his own dreams and that people should follow their dreams on their accord, doesnt mean he isnt there for Ash when Ash needs him.
CHARACTERS SHOWING INDEPENDENCE?! BUT THAT'S BEING A JERK!!

Applecorp

People didn't bat an eye when Ash hijacked Serena focused episodes, but when the same thing happens to him I guess its a huge problem for some reason...
Yeah Ash tended to get lots of focus in episodes that were promoted as being about other characters i.e. his friends so I always just laugh when Goh gets bashed for appearing in Ash heavy episodes especially because his role in those episodes lasts only a minute or two any ways.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The way people talk about that boy you'd think he was Satan ... or Giratina in human form.

desdar300

Truthfully it's not Gou's fault but the way the format the the tone deaf showrunners have taken with PM as a whole.
Having legit arcs with him would make him feel more compelling but that requires them to think outside the their newly formed boxed logic.