• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Gou stick around?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
real talk i wonder how much more asspained this forum would be if Goh was basically Joey
You mean to say he'd actually be hilarious and have a compelling backstory to afford surgery for his little sister? And to boot be the target of affection of a girl who really is the definition of sex appeal in a world mostly dominated by men?

EDIT: Woo-hoo, I got the angry face of approval!

Last edited:

SatoSereFan224888

I think Gou won't stick around much longer. Maybe when Ash starts preparing for say the top 50 of the World Championship, he decides he needs to be on his own to focus more so Gou will go on his own journey, maybe start battling gyms in other regions.

ShadowForce720

I think Gou won't stick around much longer. Maybe when Ash starts preparing for say the top 50 of the World Championship, he decides he needs to be on his own to focus more so Gou will go on his own journey, maybe start battling gyms in other regions.
There not going to just have Goh leave before the current series is over. If Goh does wind up leaving it would be when they are making the switch to gen 9 and not any sooner then that.

ShadowForce720

But Goh is nothing but a pain in the neck for Ash. That will hurt Ash once he makes the top 50 and try to make the Masters 8. I feel that's why Ash won't make the Masters 8 because Goh will sidetrack Ash.
That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Goh traveling with Ash does not hurt Ash or prevent him from making it into the Master 8.

Also if you truly think that getting rid of Goh or any other character that travels with Ash will prevent him from getting side track then you don’t understand Ash’s character at all.

Is it within Ash’s nature to help Pokémon and other people so he is going to get side track regardless of whether he is traveling by himself or not.

Morax

King of heroes
Is it within Ash’s nature to help Pokémon and other people so he is going to get side track regardless of whether he is traveling by himself or not.
Is it? I remember Ash being impatient and hungry for gym battles until DP. He's not one to get sidetracked easily, he cares too much about his dream.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Is it? I remember Ash being impatient and hungry for gym battles until DP. He's not one to get sidetracked easily, he cares too much about his dream.
He kept on becoming sidetracked when he was supposed to be training for the Indigo League, which backfired on him.

ShadowForce720

He was rookie back then, pretty sure he learnt his lesson after that incident.
We’re literally had plenty of episodes in each series where Ash’s wound up helping a character or Pokémon of the day even when he didn’t have to. There is no reason to think that if he started traveling by himself suddenly he would be completely focus on his goal and never get sidetracked.

Heck even in series where he was impatient and hungry for gym battles he still got side track even when the thing side tracking him had nothing to do with his companions.

If Ash wanted to let go of Goh and Chloe, He will meet with Goh and Chloe at Professor Cerise's lab and part away just in time for Gen 9 Anime.
And
Ash could be introduced to a Region-based off of Australia region and Team Rocket could have broken the Gacha machine anyway.

imo, Goh will not stay because his starter is Cinderace..in addition, DD defined his future.

I like Goh currently, but I don't think he has the potential to be with Ash more than 4 years, every season needs a renewal, new characters, objectives, etc

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Ah right, just like Ash was shelved after he secured Charizard. Also, even if a fate was "defined" other than for a small parallel gimmick, that fate would not come to be because Goh is going to become the new boy that never ages
Charizard isn’t Ash’s partner Pokémon, Pikachu is. The fact that they paired Go with a Pokémon distinctly tied as a Pokémon within a single region rather than one that’s a timeless mascot of the franchise like Pikachu or Eevee, I doubt the writers intend for him to last beyond this series.

ShadowForce720

Charizard isn’t Ash’s partner Pokémon, Pikachu is. The fact that they paired Go with a Pokémon distinctly tied as a Pokémon within a single region rather than one that’s a timeless mascot of the franchise like Pikachu or Eevee, I doubt the writers intend for him to last beyond this series.
Go having a Cinderace isn’t as problematic as your trying to imply. For the most part they can easily have Go and the other stuff from Journeys stick around and just add the gen 9 region into the rotation.

As for the argument that Cinderace would overshadow the gen 9 starter, if you look at what’s being currently done with the gen 8 starters is their rotating the focus on the starters.

So it would be easy for them to have Goh catch a gen 9 starter and focus on it while Goh still has his Cinderace.

I mean heck if they keep with the world traveling format then Goh having a Cinderace isn’t really a problem.

Plus looking at his goal it’s really easy for that to be carried across more then one generation as there will always be new Pokémon.