• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Honedge be up for the cut??

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

uh, I can't think of a single kids show that has ever censored or cut out a sword from a kids show.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Porygon-Banned for causing seizures.
Kadabra-Somewhat banned for the magician controversy and the star on it's head.
Honedge-Unless he takes the life of something (brutally) no reason to cut him. Hell since 4Kids long lost their license, the dub has less reason to do so.
Honedge will be fine... I hope.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
If Honedge were a gun or a knife, there may be problems. But since he's a weapon that few people have nowadays, I don't see Honedge being booted off.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I think its perfectly fine
And if their worried about it using psychical moves it could use special

I think it will be fine, and would look awesome in battle in the anime
Imagine, honedge using Ariel ace, sweeping trought the dirt of a battle field with its cloth billowing behind , then when it makes contact pikachu been thrown against the wall, and it doesn't have to hit straight on, it could turn and hit with the handle or side of the sword, it could even use the cloth and whack it with the cover

Last edited:

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
But that was an inanimate object that was just possessed. Honedge on the other hand, while based on an inanimate object, is also a Pokemon. It's a living thing with a mind of its own. The fact that it resembles a dangerous weapon will likely draw negative attention toward it in my opinion. It just seems tactless to show a Pokemon that's based on something dangerous; I just don't see that being okay in the US.

Your quality of trolling gets worse and worse every day. You are trying way too hard in this post. Step your game up or retire from the business because it's getting pretty cringeworthy.

We all know Honedge isn't getting banned.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
But that was an inanimate object that was just possessed. Honedge on the other hand, while based on an inanimate object, is also a Pokemon. It's a living thing with a mind of its own. The fact that it resembles a dangerous weapon will likely draw negative attention toward it in my opinion. It just seems tactless to show a Pokemon that's based on something dangerous; I just don't see that being okay in the US.

The US is okay with everybody and their kid owning a gun. They sure don't want to end up looking hypocritical now do they?

Arceusgamer14

Honedge is sword, not a Knife or a Gun! Swords are more appropriate for Children I mean there are cartoons here that used swords like Adventure Time, Thundercats, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So Honedge being in the anime should be no problem, it's probably not going to slice any Pokémon or Human

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
So the question is:
Q Will this new pokemon see more than an airing in Japan or will it be cut out of anime too soon and banned outright?
I mean lets face it nobody wants to see pikachu get hit by a sword eh? (well ok I lie theres bound to be a few of you out there somewhere :( )

There is no need to make Honedge use physical moves. The anime could portrait it only using special attacks (mainly Ghost type moves) and it would be fine. But still... It's a sword (Pokémon) being advertised.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Samurott basically has swords and has used them kn the anime. Bisharp has bladed edges that are sharper than honedge.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Honestly, I think it will be banned similar to the Porygon family, at least in the US. I don't think parents would want their kids to watch a cartoon where a possessed sword chases people around (this is literally how I picture Honedge's debut episode to be). It also doesn't help that Honedge looks more like an item than a Pokemon imo; parents might mistake it for a real weapon and might freak out.

I agree with both your posts I think it will be banned outside of japan

people don't want their kids picking up kitchen knifes and screaming use slash while throwing the knife at the family pet (remember back in the day when children used to jump out of windows because they thought they could fly like pidgeotto?)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
This is the Pawnaird/Bisharp question all over again... they weren't banned yet were clearly more deadly then Honedge. Seriously, that sword isn't even sharp, it's practically round

JD

Of course it will be in the anime.. Remoraid is based on a pistol and used as one in that Light, Camerupt, Action episode and Pawniard literally has knives for arms.

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
USA have no right to ban a sword pokemon. but I never know, they banned the safari zone episode because of a gun but they alllow their kids to hang aroud with guns which most of the time hurt other people. I honestly don´t understand their logic...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I agree with both your posts I think it will be banned outside of japan

people don't want their kids picking up kitchen knifes and screaming use slash while throwing the knife at the family pet (remember back in the day when children used to jump out of windows because they thought they could fly like pidgeotto?)

I think I remember something like that happening back in the 90's. Anyway my point is that Honedge is shaped just like a sword; you could even say that it closely resembles a knife. It's just too graphic for American television in my humble opinion. However, if it does appear in the anime then I really think they'll show it with the scabbard on to avoid complaints.

Of course it will be in the anime.. Remoraid is based on a pistol and used as one in that Light, Camerupt, Action episode and Pawniard literally has knives for arms.

Yes Remoraid is based on a pistol, but it doesn't closely resemble one. It looks more like a fish than a gun, which is why people aren't offended by it imo.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
USA have no right to ban a sword pokemon. but I never know, they banned the safari zone episode because of a gun but they alllow their kids to hang aroud with guns which most of the time hurt other people. I honestly don´t understand their logic...
But that was literally a hand gun that could have killed them right there. This is a pokemon based on a sword, which still isn't really considered a modern day violent weapon.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Your joking, right?! Of course not, if anything it'll air at least once and with these writers the most it'll do is stand around and do nothing like Volcarona's awesome debut/only appearance lol.

Yea, Id say there's a difference. A gun is a gun, a pokemon is a pokemon.

And now a sword is a swo- Pokemon, oh wait. o,0

Status
Not open for further replies.