• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Iris get Charmander?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about her role (and Shaga) in Black and White, they specialize in Dragon types; furthermore, could Iris herself potentially receive Charmander as a gift from Oak like how May received Squirtle in Kanto or capture Charmander in the wild how May caught Bulbasaur back in Hoenn or Kanto? I could see Iris (or Shaga) having a Charizard in the third BW game, so who knows. Charmeleon didn't receive much screen time during the three episodes in Kanto, so wynaut give Iris a Charmeleon? Though I would love to see Iris with a Kingdra. Her only team for right now is Kibago and who knows what other Pokemon she might capture.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
There's no reason for that>.>There are many othr Isshu pkmn that look like dragons or are of the Dragon type

Isis-sama

Why should she? Charmander is not an Isshu pokemon nor is Gamefreak likely putting out a Red and Blue remake this gen. If Iris catches anything from another generation, it will most likely be from Ruby and Sapphire, though even that is very unlikely. In any case the writers may not even give her team, if she gets one, a Dragon-type specialty due to the difficulty of finding enough Pokemon of the same type for her. And in any case neither Charmander nor its evolutions shares the Dragon type despite its appearance so your theory that she will get one because Charmander is vaguely draconic is flawed, even though Iris will likely capture Pokemon - if she gets a full team - that do not share the Dragon type.

Last edited:

Joe.

Where are my facepalm jpegs...

But honestly, I don't see it and it wouldn't make much sense, Charizard isn't even a dragon type, yes it looks like one but it isn't.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

315.jpg

That's a great image.
As for Iris/Charmander...unless Ash's Charizard was a girl, I don't see Iris getting a Charmander.

Joe.

It makes more sense for her to get a Mewtwo.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Most Likely Iris might get a charmander in and if there's a filler saga, since Jessie and James were restricted from bringing their non-native team, this hints that any pokemon not native to Isshu won't be caught by a main character

Joe.

I think James will get a Kangaskhan.

Just throwin' it out there.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Nah she should get treeko or mudkip.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
May had 2 Kanto starters, Dawn had a Johto, so I'm guessing Iris gets a Hoenn starter. Treecko is the best bet.

Or maybe the writers are wiping that idea.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
hmm

May had Torchic, Dawn had Cyndaquil....... that makes sense if she gets Charmander..

Hmm... May had bulbasaur and squirtle and dawn had cyndaquil so iris should have treeko or mudkip.

Status
Not open for further replies.