• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Latios and Latias be bumbed into Uber if Soul Dew is released?

Victory

Banned
The title says it all, what do you think? I hope not, I think they should just Ban the Item (Soul Dew)

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Yes. Yes they would be bumped into Uber. Yes, the item should be banned.

Unless somebody suddenly wants to vouch for the insane power with no downside that this gives Lati@s, I suggest this thread be locked.

Latias was OU for a significant portion of 4th gen and all they did was ban Soul Dew during this period. There is no reason Smogon would do any differently this time around since it would clearly break two otherwise balanced OU pokes.

There really is no point to this thread...

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Well, there really isn't a problem if they keep the Soul Dew ban under Ubers, as nothing would change from the way the current metagame works. You would then be able to use it in OU as well as Ubers (where you could do Soul Dew sets).

Final

I Submit to No One
Soul Dew Clause (banning of the item Soul Dew) will probably be introduced so Latias and Latios won't need to be banned. If Latias and Latios are deemed too powerful for OU without Soul Dew, then they'll get bumped to Ubers but I don't see it happening at this stage.

Zachmac

Blame the coffee! Not the offender!
Sorry, I just had to do that, but I'm not sure if anyone will get the reference.

Anyway, why ban the pokemon when you can just ban the item? If it was decided that choice specs were too powerful, would you ban all pokemon with good Special Attack along with Speed/Bulk, or just ban choice specs?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
^ That woman that sued McDonald's (and won) because she dropped hot coffee in her lap after going through the drive-through.

But I'm pretty sure if Lati@s was going to be uber without Soul Dew, it would already be an issue and have most likely taken place alongside the ThunDrill ban.

Unless somebody suddenly wants to vouch for the insane power with no downside that this gives Lati@s, I suggest this thread be locked.

Don't minimod boy. A thread wouldn't be approved unless a mod *cough* thought something could come out of it.

Soul Dew Latios is still stopped by Tyranitar, Jirachi.. other stuff...

.... Yeah its totally uber, but its a ton of fun to use in DW OU at Smogon.

Zachmac

Even if latios gets banned, there still will be a soul dew clause thanks to latias, who I don't think deserves a ban.

^ That woman that sued McDonald's (and won) because she dropped hot coffee in her lap after going through the drive-through.
Actually, that's not what I was referencing to, but I've heard of that as well. It was from the show d-grey man. My sisters are really into anime, and they got me into some shows like that.
Soul Dew Latios is still stopped by Tyranitar, Jirachi.. other stuff...

.... Yeah its totally uber, but its a ton of fun to use in DW OU at Smogon.
Actually, I could use this quote to support the Excadril ban. :D Gliscor, Skarmory, and some other stuff.

Victory

Banned
I agree with a lot if you, just ban the item, that way no one has to remove these Pokemon from their team like a lot of people had to do with Excadrill and Thundurus

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
If Soul Dew wasn't banned, Lati@s would be, and they're not just good in and of themselves. With their unique Dragon/Psychic typing with Levitate, they are great in terms of synergy. It covers the weaknesses of and has its weaknesses covered by Magnezone and Heatran. If the duo was moved to Ubers, a lot of teams would become much less stable. (Plus, I don't think there's going to be an event that brings the Soul Dew back into the game).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
You never know about Soul Dew being released. I think it would be better if Soul Dew were banned instead.

From DW, nah, in Standard OU Soul Dew will be banned but it doesnt mean it cant be stopped, yeah toooooooo much power (over 9000!!!) but it doesnt mean its invencible.

Zachmac

Plus, I don't think there's going to be an event that brings the Soul Dew back into the game.
But it's programmed into the game, like those two ice attacks, right?

Final

I Submit to No One
r u talkinf bout mist ball and luster purge? well psychic is actually stronger by 20(MB and LP 70 and psychic 90

Mist Ball and Luster Purge aren't Ice Attacks. He's talking about Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
well, there might be an event for it someday, but not soon. maybe in ruby/saphirre remakes? anyways, soul dew is was OP and should sta banned in OU and lower

Zachmac

oh. my mistake and for some reason i dont think any pokemon can learn those moves(well i've heard kyruem can learn it)
Not a single pokemon can, yet serebii actually has pages on those moves. If we know those two moves exist, we'd probably also know if soul dew is programmed into the game. Serebii.net would of said that they don't exist in 5th gen if they weren't programmed, I think.