• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Liko cross paths with Ash when she returns to Paldea?

Alola Adventurer

As long as Horizons isn't an AU, I can see Ash and Pikachu returning for a few episodes but he probably
won't appear until either the penultimate or final year of the series. Like it or not, given how open ended MPM 11 was,
I'm pretty sure the anime isn't entirely done with Ash, yet.

DuskAstral

. Like it or not, given how open ended MPM 11 was,
I'm pretty sure the anime isn't entirely done with Ash, yet.
I don't think the MPM open ending matters. Such a treatment does not necessarily mean that the character will return in the future.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Kind of feel that Liko and Roy (and the rest of the main cast) are one and doen season characters so unless viewership absolutley tanks they won't bring in Ash/Pikachu. Maybe like a passing reference in the background

I couldn't decide whether to say yes or no so I'll have my thoughts on it:

Liko and her friends couldn't meet Ash himself and Let Ash rest for now and they make it clear that Ash is retired for now.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I say don't start doing cameos and return arcs until we're in year two of this series. At least have it get some kind of its own identity, especially since Ash isn't here, before we do returns.

bmw9413

The writers said Ash's era as a main character was over, they never said he was completely gone. If anything, I see him making guest appearances like 2 or 3 years later into Horizons, like his previous female companions (Misty, May, Dawn, Iris and Serena) used to do when they left the main series.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not for year 1 and half of year 2 of HZ at the very least. However I do think him coming up during the second half of the third act of the series for a special or so where he just meets Liko and aids her development further would be neat as hell. But they need to actually build that up by letting Ash's legacy rest for a while now that he's retired and the new anime has a foundation.

Coz if there's enough time past since Ash last gone and a proper foundation for people to love and watch the new series, the eventual Ash return gonna hit harder.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
As long as Horizons isnt an AU, then ye they’ll likely cross paths.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I hope they don’t cross paths, all of this new characters are refreshing and I think their story doesn’t need Ash in it.

Rune Knight

Though I don't see them crossing paths for now, I can definitely see it happening after the halfway point.

Between here and then, I think that there might be a special featuring Ash's journey in the Paldea region.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I think that we receive some specials
If they want to bring characters back they can definitely take this route, but I suppose that from their perspective Ash crossing paths with Liko & Roy would lead to more hype.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I hope not. I'd rather leave Satoshi in the past where he belongs, and I think that Liko's journey should steer clear of any interaction with Satoshi.
As I believe that this series is an AU, I agree that this series should not feature Ash at all.

Veedramon

Ash should make consistent appearances throughout the series, to ensure that new audiences are familiar of him in case he has to take the reins from Liko and Roy in the future

DuskAstral

As I believe that this series is an AU, I agree that this series should not feature Ash at all.
This statement is a bit inaccurate, because AU also has its own version of Satoshi (or even several of them).