• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Liko cross paths with Ash when she returns to Paldea?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
As someone who wasn’t too bothered with either possibility of Ash’s future after JN, I am enjoying the sense of new possibilities that HZ is giving so wouldn’t want Ash and his 20+ year history to be intertwined with it just yet. Always been an advocate for letting new ideas have room to show their potential before letting older ideas come in

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I will accept a meeting of the protagonists so long as it's a one off deal like a Power Rangers/Super Sentai style crossover.

I do not want Ash to have any major role in the overarching storyline.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash having any role in any storyline is just to be a hero, giggle, and leave for the sunset. He only exists to battle and fool around, but not to grow as a character. Essentially, a black hole where progress goes to die which is used to judge how else everyone fares compared to him.

If it's not for battling, he's just the nosy kid next door who takes over your stuff but you don't care as long as he plays hero.

Bonus points if TRio is involved and people praise Ash for shooing them away.

Last edited:

ShuckFam

Imagine if Ash returned and we discovered that his new goal was to battle the Kanto Elite Four and capture Mewtwo. Then fans were given an option to vote in a worldwide poll which gave us the option of bringing Ash back to the main cast and watching his story but at the expense of Liko being retired as a character. Ash or Liko...Who would be kicked from the show?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gods this whole discussion is tiring from both sides
Honestly Ash shouldn't be here till atleast Year 2, maybe even Year 3. Let the gap be actually felt and the newer characters, world and story play out. And if he does return it should be for an actual plot related reason

But NOT having him appear at all would be so lame too, there's tons of great setups and fun stuff to do with him, esp contrasting him with Friede and giving us a 3rd person POV of how he is viewed. Considering Roy is from Kanto and was fan geeking over Champion Nemona in the preview too, him fanboying over Ash would be so fun

ShuckFam

I feel like champion is an attainable goal for Roy. It's not really a special title since there are so many in Paldea. I have this feeling that Liko is going to become really jealous of him, to the point where she will try to sabotage him in his journey. I could see her handing out fliers in a gym town, highlighting all of Roy's weaknesses and giving a summary of his battle style so that the gym leader will cream him and make him feel worthless.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The best Ash could do is help them make stronger, and if possible, he somehow loses to one of them.

The worst Ash could do is arrive like a hurricane and then leave, leaving just destruction as he giggles into the sunset, and they're fine with him, giving him double thumbs up.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hopefully not. Honestly I am absolutely loving this new anime without Ash and he really isn't needed. I already like Liko more in 10 episodes then I did him for the vast majority of his final years in the anime.

Having someone with even half a brain being the MC has really made me realize just how stupid Ash was lol.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The only time I want to see Ash is at the end of this series, where Liko beats him in a battle like the final duels in Yugioh.