1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Will May be leaving this season?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by dannyphantomhott, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyphantomhott

dannyphantomhott Ash fan girl! Cute!

Though I personally dough she will. I'm just asking for your opinions. Since her contests will be coming to an end soon, I mean she could win the contest against Drew and leave to finish her own goals or be defeated by Drew and still want to travel with Ash and Co. Just curious by your opinions again, thank you =]
    If I put this in the wrong section, please move it for me, I wasn't sure where to put this since it has semi spoilers in it.

2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

She's a shoe-in for the D/P saga, it's pretty obvious. I won't bother going into detail why because I don't want to risk a blood clot by typing a long-winded essay.

3. Laprashunter

Laprashunter Orange Champion

I pick your first choice. She wins the dumb contest and everyone realizes that her role in the group is pointless after that so they ditch her. Brock eats something bad and get diaryhea and goes home. Max tags along. They stop by Cerulean City and picks up Misty because her sisters smarten up and wants to take over the gym again. Kewlz.

4. ♥Princess Ketchum♥

♥Princess Ketchum♥ #1 Ash Satoshi Lover

she wont leave ^^

5. If anything, they will update her to look like the D/P female, like Ash and his AG clothes.

6. ~Flareon~

~Flareon~ Coal Trainer

No. I don't want May to leave this season.

7. Contest Fan

Contest Fan Banned

I want May to stay! If she goes then we won't get see Harley plus contests are still cool. If she did leave then I would want at least four speacials deadicated to her.

8. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

I don't think she'll leave.

9. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

I don't think they're going to get rid of her, but I don't care one way or the other.

10. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

We're stuck with her. Though it would have been nice if both she and contests were swept under carpet and forgotten like a bad idea, her popularity will make sure both she (and contests) will return (whether D/P even have contests or not).

11. .::Lynee::.

.::Lynee::. ~*~ Scarlet Eyes ~*~

May should stay ^^ A new journey without a girl will be so boring

12. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

They could bring in another girl, you know. :p

13. Kinjiru

Kinjiru Boulder Trainer

She will most likely stay. This is because she has a goal just like Ash. Plus, she's very popular in Japan.

14. Twilit Dragoon

Twilit Dragoon *omnious thunderstorm*

She is going to stay on the show. They will probably have contests in the D/P region anyway.

15. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

She's going to stick around for a while methinks.
    Though personally, I'm more or less uninterested in Haruka these days. She's lost that spark that made her a really fun character. I miss those ditzy moments of idiocy she'd have, and those really involving emotional sub-plots ie. the time before going up against Grace. Now she's just white bread and water, with the occassional layer of butter.

But on the plus side, it means

-Less filler
    -More flamboyant antics from twisted psychos.
    -More Combusken.
    -A character to dump cutesy marketting gimmicks on, so Ash doesn't have to catch them.
    -....jailbait?

And there's my ever-so-slightly long-winded rubbish for the day.

16. Divine_Light

Divine_Light Espeon will own all!

She probably will by the d+p female hero

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Even though I still love her character, I have to agree.

I was watching some really early Advance episodes the other day, and May is certainly more hyper-active, ditzy, and all around funnier than she is now. It may have to do with the fact that she was kind of helpless in the beginning of AG, (her Torchic running straight into a tree when it was told to attack XD) and thus she had to rely on the guys to help her, but damn was it funny.

Also, what happened to the May that used to strip into swimsuits everytime she was near a beach? She hardly ever strips into a swimsuit anymore, even when they're near beaches, (which is quite frequently).

I guess when May got so wrapped up in her Contest quest the other things started to fade, although she still retains her naievete and the cuteness factor, which is a plus. Granted, it's obvious that now she puts her Pokemon and her Contests above everything else, but it would be nice if she did some of the things she used to.

On another note, anyone else think she's too confident nowadays? I'm sure it's character development, but I liked it when she had to take advice from all her coordinator friends, Ash and even Max. Those were good times.

18. Agustus

Agustus Well-Known Member

May's not leaving, and we can all agree with that. I do wish that contests would disappear, but she's not gonna.

19. dannyphantomhott

dannyphantomhott Ash fan girl! Cute!

Will have to see, but yah she's probaly not going any where any time soon. Continue posting your opinions if you want.

20. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

Initally I had my doubts due to the fact that her usefulness as an advertisement might wear thin if D/P has no contests, but the recent D/P has cemented her unfortunate return

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.