• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Mijumaru get what it desrves?

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Now we all know Ash's history with Water starters isn't the best, so will Mijumaru be another casualty or will the writers make him into the powerhouse he deserves to be?

Discuss.

TicoPokemonMaster

Mijumaru from the looks of the preview seems to be the for- runner of Ash's team so I think that it will become his first evolved water powerhouse

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
In the beta art, they showed Miju's second evo so it might evolve. I really think that Mijumaru's gonna be Ash's uber water powerhouse

Shadow XD001

Based on the beta artwork, there was the evolution of Mijumaru and Tsutarja in it, so that would make me think Mijumaru would evolve at least once, making it Ash's first evolved Water Pokemon.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm pretty sure Mijumaru will evolve. We don't know yet for sure what is its 3rd evolution, but its second one looks pretty cool.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Given that more than 90% of the worldwide fanbase agrees that Ash needs a fully evolved water starter, I think 5th time's the charm. Also I just loved the pic of Mikumaru in its final form, and really hope it goes all the way this time.

Fa7e

we do know what its 3rd evo is..... its on serebii, i REALLY hope it goes to 3rd it kinda reminds me of a water mence

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The case with Mijumaru is most unusual compared to the other Water Pokemon cases. Usually Ash's first regional Starter Pokemon evolve at least once. This was the case with Bayleef, Sceptile, and Turtwig. However, Mijumaru would also go into the main Water Pokemon category which was being discussed and those Pokemon never evolve. It seems Mijumaru is stuck in the middle and only the writers can decided it's fate at this time. There's no real trend to this since there are too many clashing figures to account for. Honestly, only time will tell.

Squaaah

The case with Mijumaru is most unusual compared to the other Water Pokemon cases. Usually Ash's first regional Starter Pokemon evolve at least once. This was the case with Bayleef, Sceptile, and Turtwig. However, Mijumaru would also go into the main Water Pokemon category which was being discussed and those Pokemon never evolve. It seems Mijumaru is stuck in the middle and only the writers can decided it's fate at this time. There's no real trend to this since there are too many clashing figures to account for. Honestly, only time will tell.

Remember, the other water pokemon cases are just trends. This is the first time Ash has gotten a water starter since the writers started letting Ash get decently evolved teams (post Johto) so this is really the first opportunity for the trend to be broken, and ill be very surprised if it isn't.

On a side note, if Ash gets all three starters and the grass and fire ones evolve all the way but Miju doesn't at all I think we'll all be hella annoyed :p.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Based on the beta artwork, there was the evolution of Mijumaru and Tsutarja in it, so that would make me think Mijumaru would evolve at least once, making it Ash's first evolved Water Pokemon.
That beta art gave me the impression they were Don George's Pokemon.

Fa7e

Mijumaru's mid form TOTALLY suites Ash's personality. Now I dunno if it'll go all the way to it's final form...but as people have said, the beta art showed the middle evo, so I'm sure ash's will evolve at some point

i kinda know wat u mean i dont think it will evolve at all, msybe go to second, but i cant picture ash with a giant pokemon, i guess u might qualify torterra and charizard as giant, but from the picture of the waters final evo it looks like salamence or bigger size and i just think the first or second looks best suited for ash

Blazicken

Sex on fire
dumb question...
That's what 99% of the ppl is hoping for and has been speculating on...
And seeing all the evidence uptill now, the chanses are big it will! <3 (oh baby :3)