• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will N get an Appearance in the Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I am kind of expecting Team Plasma to appear at least, just not right away like how long it took for Team Galactic back in D/P to appear if I remember correctly. But N, I am not so sure of.

This is what I don't understand, why do people think that Team Plasma can act without N at all, that they could go the saga without one appearance from their King? If you vouch for that, you're vouching for a repeat for what happened to Magma and Aqua.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My guess is that N will appear in the Pokemon Leauge/afterwards. They are still planning on doing the Plasma arc. The Pokemon Leauge would be a good time to introduce the Plasma arc, because
1. It wouldn't be fair to fit the plot into between now and the 8th gym
2. It would allow the writers to expand the Unova plot to post-Elite 4 cities
3. To tie in with the release of Black and White 2
4. They'll make more money from N fangirls!

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Although I want N to appear but sadly, I don't think he will. It's just that I don't want to see him being brought in so late messing around with Team Rocket's mess. I wanted to see him early on and maybe bond with Ash or some of the others and get in more detail of his story. Becuase in the games his story is pretty long and constant.

Haunter ゴースト

I get a really big feeling N will have a major role in the League.

It may not follow his game counterpart but nonetheless i see him being a key character, whether he's an enemy, or a friend to Ash.

If he does, he'll be very different than the games because parents with young children are gonna get disturbed at the implications he would bring, like being a man-child (the toys in his room were recently played with), and Ghetsis being so cruel to his own (possibly adopted) son.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If he does, he'll be very different than the games because parents with young children are gonna get disturbed at the implications he would bring, like being a man-child (the toys in his room were recently played with), and Ghetsis being so cruel to his own (possibly adopted) son.

They got away with Hunter J and Grings Kodai. If Game Freak can get away with the sheer nightmare fuel that is Ghetsis and Mystery Dungeon, so can the anime.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Considering we're halfway into the series (US viewing wise), I doubt there's any more hope for him to appear, as saddening as that sounds. However, I am hoping the writers fool me and prove me wrong.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Honestly. I hope he stays away.

His entire character is completely unnecessary for this show.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
He still might I guess. I already said in another N related thread that I don't want him to appear in the anime and standby it. The anime can't handle game characters the right way. At least not the important ones.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Hmm. Platinum rings a bell. N is a very important character. The writers needed time for his story like how they are rubbing Bianca in our faces. I don't want to spam but I rather BW had brought Cheren and N in this show than Trip and Bianca. I mean really. They over do Bianca's crazyness and they don't give Trip the Cheren development plots he needs. I wonder if they would have done N's or Cheren's story well or would they have screwed that up too?

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Since the Team Magma/Aqua debacle many, many years ago, I don't trust the anime writers to handle villainous teams correctly anymore. Not to mention that they haven't put him in the anime so far anyway...

To conclude, I hope he doesn't appear and he probs won't appear.

And if he does appear, I'd rather it be in a movie...

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Looking at this thread is making me fangirl about N alot. I don't know if he will appear or not. I guess it will be a mystery or until the end of the series comes. But it would be nice to see how hott he would look in anime. Hopefully hott and not ugly as hell.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I have a feeling he will get an appearance. He was in the game, so he will probably be in the anime.

So what if he appeared in the games? A good amount of game characters have yet to appear.

Atreyu

If N were to appear, would he speak the same way he does in the games?

ThunderPuncher

Electrifying!
I think his chances of appearing are pretty good considering his importance to the games and to TP.

I don't think the writers are going to completely ignore N and Plasma, I think they're just waiting for the right time to introduce them. Considering the fact that BW2 will most likely have a big effect on the anime plot wise, N's chances seem even higher since he'll most likely be playing some type of role in those games as well.

mankeyonmyback

Lass (I'm a GIRL)
I wish he would appear in the anime, cause I really wanna hear a voice that matches his handsome face lol. But his story is... Really different from previous antagonists and rivals. And I don't really watch the anime anymore, but when I did, it seemed to focus on good morals and ideals, and learning to be a good person. So I can't see them including a story about a twisted kid who was manipulated and then abandoned by his father. The anime is too happy go lucky for that. But idk, like I said, I haven't watched it in a while. Then again, the first movie was about a pokemon who was created in a lab and used only for power... So maybe they would go in that direction again. Who knows. Whoops I rambled.

Status
Not open for further replies.