• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Paul get his cameo in BW??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Just because Paul was a good rival doesn't mean that Shooti wouldn't be one too. Besides, Shooti already has good Pokemon so early in the series.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Well if Dawn and Brock make cameos, so should Paul. He was a more important character than Brock IMO, so it makes sense we get to see him again.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
It all depends on Dawn.

If she gets a cameo, then he probably will too.

Its almost certain Dawn will get a cameo. She was in the main cast last season, not to mention her Piplup has mascot status and she's extremely popular. If May and Misty can get cameos, why not her?

Krizor

Evil Genius
Its almost certain Dawn will get a cameo. She was in the main cast last season, not to mention her Piplup has mascot status and she's extremely popular. If May and Misty can get cameos, why not her?

Well, BW is supposed to be a fresh start for the series, so the writers may not want to bring back old characters.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
No. Now stop *****ing about it.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Well, BW is supposed to be a fresh start for the series, so the writers may not want to bring back old characters.

Yeah, but Hoenn was also a fresh start. And i dont think this 'fresh' start thing will last long. I think they realise that there will be a huge outburst in the fandom if Dawn doesnt get any mention, they probably will show her.

As for Paul, i'm sure he'll make a cameo. Whether its a whole episode, only a flashback, a sketch(like Max) or just a mention, that is up to the writers...

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I can see it happening, since Gary has been getting at least one cameo in each new region.

Krizor

Evil Genius
Yeah, but Hoenn was also a fresh start. And i dont think this 'fresh' start thing will last long. I think they realise that there will be a huge outburst in the fandom if Dawn doesnt get any mention, they probably will show her.

As for Paul, i'm sure he'll make a cameo. Whether its a whole episode, only a flashback, a sketch(like Max) or just a mention, that is up to the writers...

Hoenn wasn't really a fresh start since some Hoenn Pokemon premiered and had connections with Johto. All the new Isshu Pokemon have no ties to any older ones, Isshu wasn't even mentioned in DP, so it truly is a fresh start.

And I'm quite sure the writers could less about a few fans getting upset over their favorite character not getting a cameo.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Is there really a reason to see Paul again? He's not a real main character he was a regional rival (A awesome one) and his character was written off in a way that made it seem like he was done for the series. Paul is a character I can see in non speaking roles like how we saw Drew, Harley, and what's her name in the past, but I don't see him appearing anytime soon, and I have already said this but will say it again, by generation 6 I expect Paul to be gone from the show for good. No cameo's, no mention, nothing.

Krizor

Evil Genius
Is there really a reason to see Paul again? He's not a real main character he was a regional rival (A awesome one) and his character was written off in a way that made it seem like he was done for the series. Paul is a character I can see in non speaking roles like how we saw Drew, Harley, and what's her name in the past, but I don't see him appearing anytime soon, and I have already said this but will say it again, by generation 6 I expect Paul to be gone from the show for good. No cameo's, no mention, nothing.

Paul was awesome, that's a good enough reason for him to return.

Another reason of course would be to battle Ash again and give an update about his experience in the BF and his battle with Brandon.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well Gary seemed like he got a good send off yet he keeps making cameos, why not Paul?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well if you want Paul to end up like Gary...Personally I forgot he was even in the DP saga, and Gary could always been shown more because he was Prof. Oak's grandson and no longer a rival, Paul frequently showing up would take screen time away from Shooti and if he became like Gary, people would complain about how low his character has become since DP. I have no problem with Paul showing up again, I just said it's unlikely and right now not at all necessary. Gary is the only rival that ever lived past his prime, Richie was a poor attempt.

Also it doesn't matter if Paul was awesome, and trust me he was, he's my favorite character, but being awesome or popular doesn't mean you'll return. Certain 'popular' characters haven't been seen or updated in years and it doesn't look like we'll see them again anytime soon. Again I like Paul and wouldn't mind to see him again, but I'm being realistic here.

firestar319

The Marauder
Well if you want Paul to end up like Gary...Personally I forgot he was even in the DP saga, and Gary could always been shown more because he was Prof. Oak's grandson and no longer a rival, Paul frequently showing up would take screen time away from Shooti and if he became like Gary, people would complain about how low his character has become since DP. I have no problem with Paul showing up again, I just said it's unlikely and right now not at all necessary. Gary is the only rival that ever lived past his prime, Richie was a poor attempt.

Ah but what if there was an episode where Paul and Shooti met? *imagines possibility*... Yeah scratch that I don't see that happening. Most likely the closest thing Paul would get for a cameo is either probably a flashback to their battles or Ash mentioning him to possibly Iris, Dento, or Shooti. As much as it would be cool for Paul to make an appearance in Isshu, as you've already said, it's not likely.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
There isn't a reason for him to come back. He's not Ash's rival anymore. They settled their differences and had their battle. No evidence supports that he would even come back anyway.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
No. Gary was the only cameo of the rivals but he was more connected to Ash in the past. Paul was a new character and had no prior connections, making him expendable.

Darkxninga

Dawn might make a cameo. All the other female companions did. I don't really care if Paul doesn't get one, to me he's not so important. In the previous series past characters (rivals and friends) were in cameos even in the next saga like in OI (i count it as another saga since its in another area of kanto). So maybe I guess.

I can see it happening, since Gary has been getting at least one cameo in each new region.

Gary? o_0 ya know...what DID happen to Gary??!..he was just forgotten.... I doubt he'll make a cameo or even show up in Isshu since he barely showed up in Sinnoh (i almost forgot he existed in DP). Who knows when his cameo will be made or even...thought about.

CommanderPigg

I'm a huge Paul fan and even I'm doubting whether he'll cameo or not.

His chances of ever getting another speaking role or "special episode" are slim to none. The Isshu region is so far away that one would need to ride in an airplane to get there; the writers would have to have a good excuse for Paul visit.

Paul's ending to me seemed really definite and closed though, so it's not like a cameo is really necessary. It'd just be something nice for the fans.

Teshub

Banned
Would Paul come back as a noob? It would not be logical for Paul to come with his fully evolved teams and have Ash with mostly baby pokemon and losing his progress from Sinnoh.

CommanderPigg

Now, who said anything about a battle or a rematch? Oh yeah, Ash did at the end of DP 188

He still has his pikachu, technically it should be at the same level, if not stronger, than the last time he battled Paul. And being the resourceful little kid he is, Paul could have already caught a shiny new pokemon in the Isshu region.

Or they can skip the battle and have a nice little picnic ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.