• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Paul get his cameo in BW??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkxninga

Would Paul come back as a noob? It would not be logical for Paul to come with his fully evolved teams and have Ash with mostly baby pokemon and losing his progress from Sinnoh.

I doubt Paul and Ash would even battle again. If paul came back as a noob (which probably ain't gonna be), that would be shocking to the max. holy crap teshub...your sig pic of Iris...is quite...uh.stunning..just sayin....

Last edited:
Im telling you people ... do NOT rule out Paul in regards to the mystery trainer who abandoned Pokabu.

If you look at the video of Pokabu's flashback the mystery trainer has long purple hair and the same posture as Paul ..... With what he's done to an Azumarill after it lost to a pokemon of the opposite type it would not surprise me if he did the same to Pokabu (like he did to Chimmy)

firestar319

The Marauder
Im telling you people ... do NOT rule out Paul in regards to the mystery trainer who abandoned Pokabu.

If you look at the video of Pokabu's flashback the mystery trainer has long purple hair and the same posture as Paul ..... With what he's done to an Azumarill after it lost to a pokemon of the opposite type it would not surprise me if he did the same to Pokabu (like he did to Chimmy)

But when Ash and Iris found that Pokabu, wasn't its mouth tied shut with a rope to keep it from eating. Surely Paul wouldn't go that far...

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
i hope not. he doesnt need to be in the show

But when Ash and Iris found that Pokabu, wasn't its mouth tied shut with a rope to keep it from eating. Surely Paul wouldn't go that far...

While the rope WAS around Pokabu's mouth, I think that was its own fault ... not the trainers who abandoned it.

From what i gathered, the mystery trainer tied Pokabu to a stake and left it there for it to fend for itself. (to prove its strength)

The Pokabu felt afraid and in an effort to try and redeem itself ran after its trainer.

As it pulled and teared the rope got tied around it mouth and THAT is what caused it not to eat.

If the trainer did abandon the Pokabu like i think it happened, then Paul is still a VERY strong candidate and that is how he can make rival cameo's in B&W.... Seriously i suggest for you guys to either view the pictures or watch part 2 of the episode on Youtube where Don George describes how Pokabu lost and was then abandoned.

The trainer looks more and more like Paul everytime i see the clip but it could just be me...

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

But the thing is, for pokabu to still be alive, that couldn't have happened more than a few days ago...I seriously doubt that Paul would go back to his poke-busing days that quickly especially after his new found respect for Infernape.

And what happened to challenging Brandon? Surely he can't be done that quickly, I'd expect him to spend a while training for the match.

It's a strange scenario if you think about it. Paul never "played around" with his abandoned pokemon, he was a no-nonsense kinda guy. If he thinks his pokemon is a failure, he's not going to force it to stick around and he doesn't bother to "torture them" after release...he just releases them in the wild; less hassle.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Paul's story is basically over and he got a great ending when he was leaving after the league battle with Ash, so I don't see why they should give him a cameo. But I won't be surprised if he does get a cameo, then again taking into account of his personality I'm highly doubtful.

Krizor

Evil Genius

If the trainer did abandon the Pokabu like i think it happened, then Paul is still a VERY strong candidate and that is how he can make rival cameo's in B&W.... Seriously i suggest for you guys to either view the pictures or watch part 2 of the episode on Youtube where Don George describes how Pokabu lost and was then abandoned.

The trainer looks more and more like Paul everytime i see the clip but it could just be me...

It wasn't Paul, you're digging far too deep into this.

There is no evidence that Paul has ever even been to the Isshu Region, only the ones that Ash has traveled to.

And Paul has always just released or given away the Pokemon he doesn't want anyway.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Since Gary and Paul never met despite both being in Sinnoh, Paul meeting Shooti is ridiculous and has no reason to happen.

And who said AG was not viewed as a fresh start? It was the first saga where Ash started over with only Pikachu and introduced the first new female character.

Stardust .

There not going to meet. End of story really.

There's no point for him to be around. He had his time to beat Ash to a pulp every time, then he got chucked away after the league.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
It wasn't Paul, you're digging far too deep into this.

There is no evidence that Paul has ever even been to the Isshu Region, only the ones that Ash has traveled to.

And Paul has always just released or given away the Pokemon he doesn't want anyway.

Oh, but didn't you know? Paul is the only person in the entire Pokemon world who could possibly have the "generic stoic hands-in-pockets-while-walking-away" animation! It MUST be him!

>:|

Seriously though, unless Paul somehow managed to conquer the entire Kanto Battle Frontier and travel to Isshu in the (presumably very short) amount of time Ash spent at home, or unless he secretly went to Isshu without telling anyone before meeting Ash (and without keeping a single Isshu pokemon) and that Pokabu has been sitting at the dojo and starving for over a year...

Yeah. No f***ing way it's him.

As to the thread--much as I like Paul, I doubt it. First off, let's look at the track record for past rivals reappearing. Gary? Sure he got a special episode, but that's not part of the main series; he didn't get a single appearance in Hoenn, and only one at the end of the Battle Frontier (and what, twice since then?). Drew or Harley? Nothing outside a flashback cameo.
As well, there's really nothing that a cameo for Paul could do--for him or anyone else, really. Like--Misty's first appearance in AG served to further her character by writing off the parasite known as Togepi. May's appearance served to further Dawn's quest and was at least justified by the Wallace Cup being pretty much the biggest non-Grand Festival Contest-related event out there. But how could that be done with Paul? How could an appearance in Isshu by him further anyone's character, even his own? How could such an appearance be justified? And perhaps most importantly, why couldn't that role of his be taken by a current character--a current rival--in order to further that relationship instead?

Put simply, the way I see it, there's just no reason for Paul to appear.

It's not impossible. I belive that the idea of dropping literally every secondary character will be dropped around 30 - 40 episodes into the BW saga, and we'll see Paul and maybe some other characters at some point.

pokemon fan 132

Will he?Noone here can answer this.
Could he?Maybe,it all depends on writers.Afterall seeing how they actually bothered to bring Gary who was Ashs first rival after whole region of absence and majority of Battle Frontier despite being searcher nowdays and not trainer there is no reason why Paul couldnt get surprising appearance too.

He played important part as rival in DP and we might heard about him again.

But thruth to be told i would rather like that someone out of past main characters gets returned instead him,like Misty who havent been seen for ridiculously long time desrving it more in my opinion.

As well, there's really nothing that a cameo for Paul could do--for him or anyone else, really. .

I wouldnt be so sure about it,perhaps Paul could be used as extra push for Ash after negative results he received versus new rival Shooti,playing some role to help Ash to raise up as trainer again.
Writers tend to be ery unpredictable when it comes to older characers as appearances from many older ones in Sinoh showed.

Speaking of others,especially main characters writers will always have material to bring them back creating reasons if wanted especially if their stories havent met closure or only partially did like (Misty or May for example).

They doint have to but have liberty to do so.

Dark M

Heartless Trainer
The real question is will Paul appear and steal the show from Ash.We all would rather have Paul as the main character rather then the Noob who makes the same mistakes aka Ash.Also Pauls Electivire could climb up Paul's shoulder and travel outside his pokeball :)

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
@pokemon fan 132
There is literally no need at all to bring up Misty here.

On topic, as others have said- I very much doubt Paul would appear. It'd ruin the nice closure he got at the end of DP. And Gary not reappearing properly suggests that it won't happen for Paul too...

BlueDragonfangirl

Well if you want Paul to end up like Gary...Personally I forgot he was even in the DP saga, and Gary could always been shown more because he was Prof. Oak's grandson and no longer a rival, Paul frequently showing up would take screen time away from Shooti and if he became like Gary, people would complain about how low his character has become since DP. I have no problem with Paul showing up again, I just said it's unlikely and right now not at all necessary. Gary is the only rival that ever lived past his prime, Richie was a poor attempt.

Also it doesn't matter if Paul was awesome, and trust me he was, he's my favorite character, but being awesome or popular doesn't mean you'll return. Certain 'popular' characters haven't been seen or updated in years and it doesn't look like we'll see them again anytime soon. Again I like Paul and wouldn't mind to see him again, but I'm being realistic here.

But there writing characters so much better these days, maybe if they write Paul in better light than they did with Gary fans wouldn't complain? Just an idea. Who are you talking about when you say some characters who are popular haven't returned? She who must not be named with water Pokemon is it your talking about? Cuz she came back more than enough times past Kanto. Or are you talking about Drew? True he was very popular along with Harley, but they were May's rivals, so that's to be expected. The female main characters such as May or Dawn won't be apart of the main cast any more, so no point in having them return. Ash is the main character, so why not have Paul get a cameo?

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
But there writing characters so much better these days, maybe if they write Paul in better light than they did with Gary fans wouldn't complain? Just an idea. Who are you talking about when you say some characters who are popular haven't returned? She who must not be named with water Pokemon is it your talking about? Cuz she came back more than enough times past Kanto. Or are you talking about Drew? True he was very popular along with Harley, but they were May's rivals, so that's to be expected. The female main characters such as May or Dawn won't be apart of the main cast any more, so no point in having them return. Ash is the main character, so why not have Paul get a cameo?

I don't think Paul will end up like Gary because as you said the writing has gotten better these days, at least in that area, but this is also why I don't think Paul will return so much. I cannot see him making regular appearances like Gary and the older character's do, for one thing he isn't friendly and is not part of the circle or friends so when we finally do start seeing old faces in opening's like they did with High Touch, I do not expect to see Paul among them smiling at the screen. As for the character I was talking about who is popular and hasn't returned, yeah you guessed right. They might as well tell us they killed her off, by the way I'm not a huge fan of hers so please don't think I want to rant about her return, I was just using her as a example as a character who people think is awesome but is currently being ignored by the writers.

As for Drew and Harley I actually didn't mean them at all but both are very popular and a lot of people want to see them again too, but as you said they were a package deal with May/Contest. Kinda sucks if your not connected to Ash, The Coordinator rivals will probably never get another large role in the series again. To sum this all up, Paul can appear but it is unlikely because his character was written off in a way where he most likely won't return, and without Infernape it wouldn't mean much anyway. Man this was a long post.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I honestly don't think Paul will get a re-appearance, regardless if he was well liked as a rival or not. I just don't see it.

His character also conflicts with Best Wishes theme so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.