• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Pokémon end anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

Pretty sure Pokémon is going to be here for a while. Granted, Tajiri and Sugimori are in their late forties, and honestly, we can't expect Pokémon to last forever, but I see at least another good ten years out of it. After those two die, though, I'm sure whoever takes over will not be nearly as skilled, and it will wither quite quickly.

Tajiri hasn't worked on anything Pokemon since Gen 2.

You pulled 10 years out of thin air. There's tons of media franchises that thrived long after the original creator stopped working on it. Why is Pokemon different?

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I doubt it's getting ready to end, espesally now that they have the all new fairy type to play with now. :p It won't be too much fun to see it end without a lot of fairies being made! To me, anyways *lol*

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
3-4 More seasons-that is for sure.(As X and Y anime will start airing soon)
But I think they could do some more anime specials like Mystery dungeon: Gates to infinity special ,Specials about some old characters by the time Ash is in Kalos ,
Ash revisiting past regions.
And much more.
So as I said 3-4 seasons for sure.
While for the games...
They will go for as long people buy it.(Or if something serious happens to Nintendo or Game freak but I doubt that something serious might happen)

Last edited:

randomspot555

3-4 More seasons-that is for sure.(As X and Y anime will start airing soon)
But I think they could do some more anime specials like Mystery dungeon: Gates to infinity special ,Specials about some old characters by the time Ash is in Kalos ,
Ash revisiting past regions.
And much more.
So as I said 3-4 seasons for sure.
While for the games...
They will go for as long people buy it.(Or if something serious happens to Nintendo or Game freak but I doubt that something serious might happen)

Unless you have some knowledge that the anime is confirmed to end in "3-4 seasons", there is absolutely no reason to think the anime isn't going to continue indefinitely. Having an ongoing animated series doesn't preclude them from doing anything you listed and, in fact, they've done many of those in the past.

The Sylveon Mastermind

Supreme Eeveelord.
Unless you have some knowledge that the anime is confirmed to end in "3-4 seasons", there is absolutely no reason to think the anime isn't going to continue indefinitely. Having an ongoing animated series doesn't preclude them from doing anything you listed and, in fact, they've done many of those in the past.
I agree.
Didn't the anime start after the games and cards came out? Why would they suddenly stop because the anime did?

ebevan91

I think the series needs to end at some point before it starts getting really bad.

The Sylveon Mastermind

Supreme Eeveelord.
I think the series needs to end at some point before it starts getting really bad.
Agree, but I want Ash to win at least ONE LEAGUE AND TOURNAMENT, before that happens. Please. It's getting painful to see him flipping open his Pokedex on a Pokémon he already seen seven episodes before. Of course that had always been a problem since the OS.

randomspot555

I agree.
Didn't the anime start after the games and cards came out? Why would they suddenly stop because the anime did?

The anime debuted in Japan a bit after a year after Red/Green's original release (Feb 1996 for the games, April 1997 for the anime). The card game launched in Japan in October 1996. The first manga series was released in August 1997. International releases and air dates vary greatly for a variety of reasons.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned

No I meant ,,3-4 seasons for sure" as X and Y is coming (and each region has between 3-4 seasons) I don't think that they will abandon the series when not done with it yet.
Of course it can go with new regions and stuff (But since there is nothing known what they will do after X and Y I just said that 3-4 seasons is what we could expect now).

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
Unless X / Y complete tank in sales, I don't see things ending.
X / Y are the first main series Pokemon games on the 3DS too, so there's no end in sight imo.

Ditto B1tch

They may stop creating new generations, but new Pokemons will always be created as ideas emerge along the time.

Then, we may not have new versions in the future, but spin-offs can be created in buches.

The main factor isn't ideas, it is money. They can create crappy 'mons, but if people still buying their games, they'll survive.

Mew The Gato

Agree, but I want Ash to win at least ONE LEAGUE AND TOURNAMENT, before that happens. Please. It's getting painful to see him flipping open his Pokedex on a Pokémon he already seen seven episodes before. Of course that had always been a problem since the OS.

Ash won the Orange League. :p

And he won the Tournament alongside Paul, among others. :p

The Master Chief

For pokemon to end soon then either x/y has to be such an UNBEIEVABLY EPIC FAIL or pokemon suffers some massive lawsuit causing them to end the franchise. Otherwise pokemon won't be ending soon. It will one day, but not anytime soon as of now.

Puma Italia

It makes a lot money. A lot of people enjoy the games (kids and adults) the anime has been going on forever and will continue as long as the games continue. I don't think it will end any time soon. After 6th gen, they can remake 3rd gen for the 3DS and then come out with 7th gen lol.

The Sylveon Mastermind

Supreme Eeveelord.
Ash won the Orange League. :p

And he won the Tournament alongside Paul, among others. :p

Yes, but that league doesn't...count, according to other fans [and apparently people in the anime itself].

And yes, he did good in the tournament, but wasn't he absolutely skewered against the man with the Latios and Darkrai? To me, that wasn't an okay thing, because in the end they still made Ash lose.

Last edited:

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I certainly hope not. I'm sure it will stand the test of time. I'm sure it'll be like Mario and Zelda; lasting for over twenty-five years, so don't expect it to go anywhere.

I can honestly imagine introducing my own kids to Pokemon one day, showing them the team that has remained mostly the same since Gen4, with new additions of course.

Seeing their faces when they experience it for the first time, and pick their Gen10 starter, their first ever Pokemon, lol.

I just dread the thought of them not knowing any Gen1 Pokemon. At that point we'd probably be pushing 1,500 of them. What are the chances of them knowing Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.

Kelde0

Ghost Leader
I don't think that it will end soon, makes too much money just to close the franchise.

Flying Weasel

I made a poll/thread about this a few months back.
The majority vote was that people don't think it will ever end, so I don't think it will end after X/Y.

TrainerTerry

They'll keep making it as long as we keep buying it. You could probably Google sales numbers and see how it's doing

Status
Not open for further replies.