1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Will Pokemon anime ever end?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by ChampionRed, Dec 31, 2012.

?

Will Pokemon ever end?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. ChampionRed

ChampionRed Active Member

As much as I love the Pokemon anime I have completely lost faith in the anime and Ash ever becoming the Pokemon master. I don't think episode N will bring back the faith I once had.

Will there ever be a day Pokemon will end? Will there ever be a fresh new start, with a different better (no offense Ash fans) trainer? Because I don't want to be watching the anime one year away from my death bed, only to know its past generation 25. Still with Ash as 10 years old and still not a Pokemon master.

2. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

It will end eventually. The question is how will it end? And will it be rebooted after Ash leaves the show? I obviously hope Ash's journey ends on a high note and he finally wins a League. And if they do reboot the show after Ash leaves, then I hope they do a darker version of Pokémon.

3. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

I have no clue whatsoever. The anime is doing good from what I can hear. The writers are making money, so why stop now? I think it'll go on for some more years.

4. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

And plus, the games keep selling and usually with video games, they could sell a lot of units for years and years (look at Mario). As long as the games keep selling, they'll probably have an anime to advertise the games.

5. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Just because something is making money dosn't mean that it's good. Look at the Transformer films: they made tons of money, yet critics and fans (and I'm sure that those fans aren't geewunners) are generally disappointed with their quality.

For this reason (making tons of money), the animé will never end unless the Japanese kids realise that the animé's quality is lacking and stop watching.

6. It'll end. Just not now~

7. Oh, It will end eventually, but not for a while. We could be 20 and it could still be running, but with just a new concept and crap like that~

8. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

If Pokemon can't obtain high enough profits anymore then yes.

9. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Do you really think with the pathetic pokemon he insists on using league after league makes him worthy to be a master?

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

They could end Ash's story someday, but they'll always be an anime for the games.

11. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Rising Star

At the rate the anime is going now, I highly doubt they'll end Ash's storyline anytime soon. And it's sad because this is the reason why I don't watch it anymore, it's gotten so repetitive and predictable now.

12. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Oh Cybs, you and your dreams :p

Any ways, as long as the games makes tons of money and the anime is doing fine in the ratings I don't see the series ending any time soon or Ash's hes just too well known by now, him and Pikachu even to the newer Generation he is.

13. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

I remember Tajiri saying in one of his interviews that he wanted people to connect with Ash and Pikachu. So, that connection will never be dropped.

Yes I think that will be the case, sadly :( .

14. iraqmaster

iraqmaster Well-Known Member

To say that it will never end , you're just deluding yourself..

As far as it ending anytime soon, no...

15. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ *Sailor Mars*

It'll end, most likely it'll get canceled instead of getting a proper ending I think.

16. PanOne

PanOne Aquatic apprentice

sorry for just butting in your conversation
    but the pokemon games are starting to introduce a older trainer meaning the series could go on with ash maybe ageing as well or after a few years ash could have a son and he could take on the show but this would be decades
    also you have to look at the age group that they are aiming for and kids around the age of 8-12 love a story of a hero that fail only to start a new somewhere else

17. xEryChan

xEryChan Ace Trainer Staff Member Moderator

Eventually it's going to end. They can't keep it running forever.

As long as they continue to make the games, the anime will still air. I don't see it ending anytime soon, as sad as it is to say that.

18. iraqmaster

iraqmaster Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think Ratings and/or Game Sales mean almost nothing. The Super Mario Cartoons stopped nearly 20 years ago even though sales of the games were as strong before, during, and after 1989-1991.

19. Rapidash01

Rapidash01 Pokemon 4ever

It will end someday like all tv shows but not anytime soon. I think it will go on for a very long time and i am happy that Ash and Pikachu are still there, it would be weird ( for me anyway) to not see them having and adventure everyday.

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It'll end soon if it gets another episode like BW077, which was the lowest-rated episode of the anime in Japan. Otherwise it may still have another five years of life left.