• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Pokemon TCPI Finally Treat Pokemon with the Respect it Deserves from Season 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
TPCi have actually done pretty well with OPs and EDs considering the timeslot is too short to fit the full ones in. They always use OP and ED footage where it's available, while 4kids seemed to mix episode clips with OPs which looks bad. And translating the JP themes won't work, they're much better off composing their own theme songs. It would be nice if they did better than It's Always You And Me (current one) though.

It sucks a lot that they replace some of the music but they also seem to keep it all in if it's a big episode, so you'll hear your favourite tracks when it's important. If it's too expensive for them to keep it all every episode, then nothing can really be done about that. They keep Team Rocket's themes which are the most iconic to me so I'm happy lol.

In terms of edits there's almost none, and the script is pretty accurate. Actually the only two edits I can think of in BW actually made the show better. TPCi treat the anime very well in the grand scheme of things, and much better than 4kids ever did.
I agree completely, yet a lot of people will still bash tpci just because they have different VA's and can't get used to sarah's ash. Which is pretty sad because they have all improved the VA over the years and everything else in the dub translates fine.

Battles are the same so have no idea what your talking about

Nothing is cut out it is the same exact shiz

Which is odd since channels like Nick and Nicktoons don't cut. Not sure if it is just CN being more ad heavy these era

The music is HARD to listen to. You can't even listen to them properly. For example when Charizard versus Dragonite begins, the guitar part of the overused Best Wishes OST is heard. The music in supposed to sound equal with the voices and is supposed to beat up some excitement into you. In the English Dub, I can barely hear the music behind and you can hear the actual music 2 seconds after it began because the voices are utterly dominating the OST, then you start enjoying the music after they stop speaking.

The fact is that the English version has poor music. Watch the Japanese version and the English version and you will know the difference. Music is an essential part of any Anime and movie. Pokemon has a very good composer in the form of Shinji Miyazaki. It's a pity that half the music barely makes it to the dub and the ones that are used are also toned down in volume to a point that you don't even care for them. That's why I feel the English Dub is empty.

Those who watch the english dub are used to the lack of proper music since DP era, and I bet they don't even have a clue about what I am talking now.

A big example for this would be Staraptor versus Weavile in DP 131. The battle wasn't anything spectacular, but the music from movie 8 has turned an other wise mediocre battle to epic for me.

TanukiKing

Team Rocket fan
In fact MidnighhtMelody, I lived some years in Japan and, even thought I can´t writte japanese, I can understand much of their dialogue and I can read some words. In my opinion the japanese dub is perfect but there are obviously people who don´t like it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
In fact MidnighhtMelody, I lived some years in Japan and, even thought I can´t writte japanese, I can understand much of their dialogue and I can read some words. In my opinion the japanese dub is perfect but there are obviously people who don´t like it.

Right perfect for you. I thought you were saying it is perfect for everyone and whoever who likes dub is an idiot. Since many people toss that around when some people just like to hear it in english and not read subs. Like myself who is playing 3DS or doing homework while watching anime most of the time. So sorry if I bit your head off but I jsut see people complaing about dubs a lot on forums and 9 out of 10 times it is people hating on a dub just to seem all weaboo like and not for a valid reason.

Nightstar1994

I don't understand why TCPI or whoever is in charge of that, won't release the songs they created by THEMSELVES.

By this, i mean "The Ultimate Challenge" that played during Grand Festival's last fight. Such an awesome song has stayed under the Voices and SFX that it's barely hearable. And other countries have to suffer the same fate too.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
I wish we actually had the scenes from the Japanese openings while keeping the songs in English. Seriously, I don't know what's with TPCi. Many horrible voices(Iris's, Jessie's, Unfezant's, Leavanny's), skipping the endings because they need ads, etc.

I hope they'll show at least the scene from my signature in the english Da! opening.

Bluelatios*

hello this is my first thread here .

if this thread is in the wrong place im sorry

would it be so hard for the tcpi to just dubbed the pokemon anime with no cuts

keep the full op/ed just dub the songs to English

keep the music in the anime , no more midi music

is it really that heard

and when they do use the original music in the anime you can bearly hear it the volume is so low

my biggest complaint form the movies and background music is really low

because of all this nonsense

I have to watch illegally 720p subbed anime and movies ,

we the pokemon fans should start some kinda campaign to get TCPI to stop all the nonsense

Honestly, considering that X and Y is looking to be a pretty big generation, I think that yes TPCi will step something up. The question is what and when. I think that in this age of communication, they would benefit from more fan input. Unfortunately I can tell you the mods don't seem open to any kind of campaigns, and believe me I tried. However I would like to take the time to say whether or not any of you believe the dub is suffering issues, I believe TPCi could benefit greatly from some kind of communication platform with their fans.

We already have Facebook and Twitter, where they connect with us with various Pokemon content and questions. But what would it look like for us to create our own platform for sending them our requests? Imagine something like organizing opinion polls on all things Pokemon, and getting cooperation from major Pokemon websites to gather and compile the data. It would be like the Gallup.com of the Pokemon fandom or something. Unfortunately I'm tied up with my own affairs, but it would be awesome to see some bold individuals take that idea and make it happen.

Other than the opening and ending, the dub is actually very close to the original for the most part. Obviously some cultural references are changed, but it's very true to it. Far moreso than when 4kids was in charge

I rather liked 4Kids in charge of the dub over TPCi. Faithfulness and lack of editing isn't everything in my eyes. But I'll end my thoughts on that note so as to not start a debate. :p

I agree completely, yet a lot of people will still bash tpci just because they have different VA's and can't get used to sarah's ash. Which is pretty sad because they have all improved the VA over the years and everything else in the dub translates fine.

Oh, there's a lot more I think TPCi's dub is inferior to 4Kids' own dub in besides the VAs (though for sure I thought the 4Kids VAs were better). Though for sure they ARE different, and that's a pity because they were supposed to be "sound-alikes."

The fact that they aren't has made the whole show seem different to me over the last few years. Good, but TOO different.

hello this is my first thread here .

if this thread is in the wrong place im sorry

would it be so hard for the tcpi to just dubbed the pokemon anime with no cuts

keep the full op/ed just dub the songs to English

keep the music in the anime , no more midi music

is it really that heard

and when they do use the original music in the anime you can bearly hear it the volume is so low

my biggest complaint form the movies and background music is really low

because of all this nonsense

I have to watch illegally 720p subbed anime and movies ,

we the pokemon fans should start some kinda campaign to get TCPI to stop all the nonsense

TPCi's gotten better over the years...really, the cuts and stuff don't bug me that much. The original JPN version and the series in general have suffered to due inept writing this saga, and that's a bigger issue. They didn't bug me with 4Kids, and they don't bug me with TPCi. However, a lot of things do sadly still bug me about the TPCi dub.

Honestly, considering that X and Y is looking to be a pretty big generation, I think that yes TPCi will step something up. The question is what and when. I think that in this age of communication, they would benefit from more fan input. Unfortunately I can tell you the mods don't seem open to any kind of campaigns, and believe me I tried. However I would like to take the time to say whether or not any of you believe the dub is suffering issues, I believe TPCi could benefit greatly from some kind of communication platform with their fans.

We already have Facebook and Twitter, where they connect with us with various Pokemon content and questions. But what would it look like for us to create our own platform for sending them our requests? Imagine something like organizing opinion polls on all things Pokemon, and getting cooperation from major Pokemon websites to gather and compile the data. It would be like the Gallup.com of the Pokemon fandom or something. Unfortunately I'm tied up with my own affairs, but it would be awesome to see some bold individuals take that idea and make it happen.

Agreed. I'd like to see that happen.

Last edited:

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I wish we actually had the scenes from the Japanese openings while keeping the songs in English. Seriously, I don't know what's with TPCi. Many horrible voices(Iris's, Jessie's, Unfezant's, Leavanny's), skipping the endings because they need ads, etc.

I hope they'll show at least the scene from my signature in the english Da! opening.

They keep quite a lot of the opening/ending. I think they only skip the endings due to it just being the people who were VA's.

pookachu

Beginning Trainer
I myself am more upset about the fact that the dub insists on giving Team Rocket horrid dialogue and as of the first episode of the "episode N" arc it has returned GROOOAAAN!

fitzy909

Just another guy

that would be really awesome. i know that fan opinions would be divided and they wouldn't be able to please everyone, but they could take the most requested ideas and implement them. it would be beneficial for all, because then they would know exactly what to do to please everyone.

I myself am more upset about the fact that the dub insists on giving Team Rocket horrid dialogue and as of the first episode of the "episode N" arc it has returned GROOOAAAN!

To add to that, I dislike their intros greatly, with only a few exceptions (9, 12, and 16).

The insert songs they do are pretty decent, but the dub BGM is really flat in my eyes. That could use some work as well if they want to replace the OG JPN music (or better yet, don't replace it).

The Pokémon voices like Heatmor, Volcarona, and Beheeyem could use some work, too.

For me, the horrible voices remaining on the show now are now Delia, Meowth, and Professor Oak. These three STILL need some serious work, IMO.

Liked all the 4Kids voices for the older main chars more, but sadly they refuse to budge on that issue, so that's a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Encyclopika

The Queen
Couple things:

First, this is kind of a complaint thread and a thread for which could be avoided if the OP had just asked this question in the Single Q's thread. Likewise, the answer for said question has been given, and thus I close the thread.

//CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.