• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Serena ever capture a Hoenn starter?

Dragon Pulse

May captured Bulbasaur and Squirtle since FireRed and LeafGreen were released in her generation, and Dawn got an egg which later hatched into Cyndaquil as HeartGold and SoulSilver came out.

Do you think Serena will catch a Hoenn starter due to the fact that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released almost two years ago?

I feel like it's too late for her to get one because I felt like she would've gotten one last year, although I would love it if she got one now - especially Mudkip! What are your thoughts?

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I don't see her catching anymore pokemon. Its seems like everything from here on out will be about Ash.

Dragon Pulse

I don't see her catching anymore pokemon. Its seems like everything from here on out will be about Ash.

Well that would suck, considering she only has three Pokémon. I feel like she should capture one more before this series ends. If she doesn't, I am rooting for her to go to the Sun and Moon region with Ash and capture more then on.

Serena has about 12 more episodes left before she disappears forever. I don't know if that answers your question or not.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Well that would suck, considering she only has three Pokémon. I feel like she should capture one more before this series ends. If she doesn't, I am rooting for her to go to the Sun and Moon region with Ash and capture more then on.

There isn't anymore showcases and so she doesn't really need another pokemon. But i could be wrong.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I don't see it happening either. As others have said, the Showcase saga is done and the end of the series is beginning to close in. On top of that, I have no confidence whatsoever that she'll travel with Ash to the next region, so...

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
ORAS came out 2yrs ago and generation 7 is out this year, don't count on it. Serena really doesn't have business catching more Pokémon at this point.

Serena has about 12 more episodes left before she disappears forever. I don't know if that answers your question or not.

Yeah, no. Try 20+

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Pretty much zero chances of that happing, especially now since ORAS is nearly two years old now and new games are on the horizon.

Come to think of it, it's unlikely she'll get another Pokémon period because there's no need. I'll be very surprised if she does.

MattySadler

Yeah unfortunately Serena fans, I think her ship has sailed. She has been a poor character. A Hoenn starter would've been nice though.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'd rather she captured a 7th gen Pokemon.

Doubt that would happen either unless she went with Ash to the next region.

I think Serena won't get any new Pokemon until after she left the group at the end of the saga. Perhaps then she could get a Hoenn Starter ;)

rogers93

Yeah unfortunately Serena fans, I think her ship has sailed. She has been a poor character. A Hoenn starter would've been nice though.

That's in your opinion sir. Not everyone think she's a poor character like you're assuming.

Anyways, I don't think she'll ever catch a Hoenn Pokémon. I mean, we're months away from Sun and Moon and ORAS has been two years ago. And plus her arc is pretty much done anyways, so I think catching a new Pokémon would be unnecessary to me.

Unless she might catch a generation 7 Pokemon to promote Sun and Moon...

Nyter

Island Challenger
I do think Serena will catch another Pokemon. Hoenn Starter? Not quite but I do see Serena coming back to do an appearance during the next Saga with another Pokemon.

But say she did choose a starter, it would so be Mudkip.

And also I think the trainer to have a Hoenn Starter due to the ORAS release has been filled by Sawyer this season, and not the female lead as usual.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
I am actually glad that she didn't catch one. It would have been Mudkip and I dislike the line.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I don't think so its far too late in the series for Serena to even be capturing one.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I do think Serena will catch another Pokemon. Hoenn Starter? Not quite but I do see Serena coming back to do an appearance during the next Saga with another Pokemon.

But say she did choose a starter, it would so be Mudkip.

And also I think the trainer to have a Hoenn Starter due to the ORAS release has been filled by Sawyer this season, and not the female lead as usual.

Sawyer is the one they used for hoenn marketing.

That's what I have been trying to say lol.

I don't think they would market Hoenn version starters well with the showcases Serena is involved. They did a better job having Sawyer display Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile