• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will/should Cynthia come to Isshu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
It's quite possible. She's in the games, and DP showed us that they like to show all important in-game characters no matter what. Yeah she should come for a battle with Adeku to end the saga. That would be cool.
Cynthia only big role in Sinnoh was helping to stop Team Galactic that was about it,she never had a major role that much in the DP series,most of the time she was seen was cameos and she was at the Sinnoh League which makes sense since she is the Pokemon league champion,Cynthia wasn't that popular in the show but she was close to it and she was a minor character not a major one,since the BW series is a reboot of the show, she will only have a minor role not a major one are she might get a cameo that is about it.

You know no-one cares about this enough for your trolling to work right?

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I think she might appear for one or two episodes. Around the peak end of BW. It'll probably be a 3 on 3 match with Adeku and she'll use Wargle, Shibirudon and Garchomp.

And for those who say this is a reboot:
1. A saga can have the reboot feeling for only a short amount of time
2. Cynthia has 2 Isshu pokemon

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I'm not trolling and let it go.

She will most likely have a cameo not a major role.

If you say so. ;) Credit to you though, this accounts lasted much longer than your other ones.

speedygallade

Gallade Lover
I always wanted Lance to come to Isshu more, but Cynthia will also be cool.

Lance? I think he's done with the Anime. Or maybe a cameo hidden in a episode is all he has left.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
She should, I want to see her and Ash battle or maybe a battle with Adeku is fine too

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't know if Cynthia will come back since they had seemed to erase everything that has ever happened in Sinnoh.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
What the hell are you on about, nothing in sinnoh was erased as his thing from sinnoh is in his room.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It'd be very nice for Cynthia to make an appearance at some point. If not in Isshu, then at the beginning of a Filler Saga when Ash returns to Kanto.

I'd love for her to witness Ash sending out Chaobuu in a battle and being like 'lol wtf, wheres da monkey?'...

kickachu

Momentai!
She could off defeated Takuto and went to the isshu region to find ways to improve her battle style just like Jasmine did in sinnoh

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Since the writers gave Jasmine a cameo because she was in D/P/P that means they may give Cynthia one because she is in B/W.

however, that doesn't meant they will.

If she does appear in a cameo I imagine that she will be battling either Adeku or Ash.

Pretty much. On the other hand, though...even Jasmine has a greater role in Sinnoh than Cynthia does in Isshu; Jasmine at least gives you the Waterfall HM. Cynthia? She does nothing. She only appears as a cameo in the Black and White postgame, and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever besides being a bonus boss.

Yes, there have been some cases wherein Elites and Champions have appeared past their "regular" sagas, but they really only include: Lance in Hoenn (which almost everyone will tell you was a colossal mistake); Agatha in Kanto Battle Frontier (as the last of the Kanto Elites to be shown; possible additional reference to FRLG); and Wallace in Sinnoh (because he never appeared in Hoenn on account of Lance taking what probably should have been his role).

In short, people like that have (typically) had a reason for showing up when they did. Granted, an in-game cameo is more than what Lance or Wallace ever got, but at the same time, given exactly how much postgame material was shown last saga...no, I don't think Cynthia will appear, and I don't really think she should, either. Let's let the new unbeatable trainers have some spotlight.

I'll admit the possibility still exists, though, however infinitesimally slim it may be. If--if--she appears, though, I imagine it would be in a relatively simple capacity. Y'know, just something to show that the Elites and Champions are still leagues upon leagues beyond what Ash can hope to achieve.

Teshub

Banned
The town where Cynthia rents a villa in is also visited by other gym leaders and the Elite Four, ie. Caitlin, who was part of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier (OMG, another connection to the previous generation? who would have thought...). So yea, when its time to feature the Isshu E4 we might see Cynthia to help explain the story how Caitlin became one. Maybe Cynthia helped her out. I know how some of you guys want to erase history, but when there is a connection it cannot be denied, sorry.

might

Banned
Isshu region won't have anything to do with the previous Generation and Cynthia might only be getting a cameo,she won't have a major role in the BW series,this is not the DP series.

this is the Isshu region not Sinnoh and it don't matter about Ash having stuff from Sinnoh which don't have nothing to do with the Isshu region at all,Cynthia will only get a cameo that is about and she might appear but it won't be a major appearance at all,the new powerful trainers need to have their spotlight of this new series BW.

Last edited:

Blaziryu

No, Cynthia should just stay in Sinnoh. Best Wishes is promoting B/W not D/P/P. If Cynthia wants to make a comeback, then she better wait till the D/P remakes come out in the future.

might

Banned
This is the Isshu region not the Sinnoh region,the DP series don't have nothing to do with the BW series,the Best Wishes series is about the new 5 gen pokemon and the new characters aswell,there will not be any old characters are any old pokemon in the BW series since it is a new retool of the show,Cynthia will only have a cameo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The town where Cynthia rents a villa in is also visited by other gym leaders and the Elite Four, ie. Caitlin, who was part of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier (OMG, another connection to the previous generation? who would have thought...). So yea, when its time to feature the Isshu E4 we might see Cynthia to help explain the story how Caitlin became one. Maybe Cynthia helped her out. I know how some of you guys want to erase history, but when there is a connection it cannot be denied, sorry.

You forgot to mention, that the town where Cynthia is encountered in Black/White isn't accessible in the games until after the Elite Four have been defeated. If we assume that Best Wishes will ignore most post-Elite Four locations like Diamond & Pearl did, then Cynthia won't be appearing in the anime at that location (Sazanami Town). If she's going to appear, she's going to appear at some random location in some random episode that probably won't have much to do with the Isshu Elite Four. I don't know why she'd talk about Caitlin anyway, especially since Ash has never even met her before.

Teshub

Banned
You forgot to mention, that the town where Cynthia is encountered in Black/White isn't accessible in the games until after the Elite Four have been defeated. If we assume that Best Wishes will ignore most post-Elite Four locations like Diamond & Pearl did, then Cynthia won't be appearing in the anime at that location (Sazanami Town). If she's going to appear, she's going to appear at some random location in some random episode that probably won't have much to do with the Isshu Elite Four. I don't know why she'd talk about Caitlin anyway, especially since Ash has never even met her before.

Ash also met/battled Sinnoh E4 Bertha before the League in the anime, and there were a lot of events that also took place before that. The purpose of the anime is to promote components of the game without necessarily following the right order. There is also the Seven Sages who might get an arc before the League to tie the villain plot, which involves Looker (yet another DP reference). Regardless of how they are going to be portrayed in the anime, as long as they are in the new games there is a high chance of them appearing.

Adamo

Well if she did I can see her helping out iris with kibago. that be pretty cool. then she meets up with ash and their like omg you know each other!.

But if she did appear it would not be for long imo. I'd rather have Adeku appear or have cynthia and adeku rvials mirroring shooti and ash.
be great if cynthia was like shooti an instant battle pro while adeku was all about heart and beat cynthia as thieir home regoin champion.

P.S lance should of stayed in jhoto but due to games who knows with cynthia.

might

Banned
Cynthia will not have a big role in this BW retool series,the BW series is about new characters not old ones,Cynthia will only get a cameo and she might appear but it won't be a big one,but she might only have a cameo and in the Black&White games she does not have a big role at all,this is the Isshu region not Sinnoh and DP series is dead and gone forever,the writers don't care about the DP series anymore is done with,the BW series is the one they will be caring about.

Status
Not open for further replies.