• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will/should Cynthia come to Isshu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverFlame

Cynthia was in the Black/White games, so it's logical to assume that she will be in the Anime. A good comparison would be Jasmine, who had a game cameo and eventually appeared in the Diamond and Pearl Anime.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What the hell are you on about, nothing in sinnoh was erased as his thing from sinnoh is in his room.

That was a nod to the old viewers. But I sincerily think that the new kids don't know what those things were at all.

Cynthia was in the Black/White games, so it's logical to assume that she will be in the Anime. A good comparison would be Jasmine, who had a game cameo and eventually appeared in the Diamond and Pearl Anime.

Wrong. Jasmine had importance to the game narrative of DP. She gave you a HM you needed in order to further progress through the game. Cynthia is in Black/White, but she is only there for the sake of having a hard post game battle. She doesn't give you anything other then money to my knowledge.

Now the thing is just what I said. Cynthia appears in the part of Isshu where you'd logically not be when you're trying to go to the league. You go up from Hiun City, and Raimon City, Left to Hodomoe and continue around the bend until you get to Souryuu City where you head further north. This is of course without Plasma interference. It's very liniear, Kanto was circular, Johto was a cross, Hoenn was a cross, Sinnoh was literally zigzagging all over the place, but Isshu seems like they could just go through it in a straight line, and never end up at the place where Cynthia is, since you'd have to be past the league to get there. Nothing of worth for pre-league is there as well, so I don't know if they'd go there, or at least I'd be confused as to why..

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
The writers could have thrown an absolute curveball and introduced Cynthia as never having travelled Isshu either, so had her come to Isshu, craft an entirely new team like Ash does every region, and then have him beat her brand new Isshu team in the league. That would show (because I am sure the writers want to show that) that Ash has at least some tremendous skill instead of him only ever beating new trainers, kids or gym leaders, then having him get hammered by every other quality trainer he meets.

might

Banned
Cynthia might only have a cameo and the Diamond and Pearl series have nothing to do with the Best Wishes series,it also does not mean that Cynthia will have a major role in the Isshu region and in the Black & White games she only have a small role in battling the player and that is about it,Cynthia will never battle Ash anyways and not in the Isshu region,this is not the DP series anymore and the DP series is gone done with forever,the new BW series is the focuse for now on and Cynthia will not even have a major role in the BW series.

QingLong

Hive Trainer
Only Cynthia herself could answer well to this question.. Therefore I think she could make an appearance.
If I remember well Lance appeared in Hoenn as well, so why couldn't Cynthia appear in Isshu?

might

Banned
Isshu is a far away region from the Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh regions,besides the BW series is entirely new and different from the past series before it,even if Cynthia do appear it won't be a major one at all anyways,the Best Wishes series will only have new characters not old ones and she might only have a small appearance are maybe a cameo,that is about it.

Last edited:

might

Banned
Jasmine was in the DP games were she would give the player a HM which is WaterFall,Cynthia don't have an important role in the Black&White games and she doesn't give the player anything,she won't have an major role in the BW series since it is a retool of the show..

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Lance appeared in Hoenn in the anime and stayed for a few episodes even though he wasn't even in the games, So not having an important role in the games means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.