• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will SM anime going on until Gen 8?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 384931

I am questioning if they dont make an animé about LGP and LGE will SM stay until Gen 8 2019 game? What do you think?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Maybe, probably not in Alola though.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Save for Ash challenging the Kanto gyms again there is not much point of him going back to Kanto for the second time to tie in with Let’s Go. Depending on how things go with the Ultra Guardian arc SM may end up becoming a filler fest until Gen 8 releases late 2019 (not sure how much episodes they can squeeze in if the anime includes Rainbow Rocket).

D

Deleted member 384931

Save for Ash challenging the Kanto gyms again there is not much point of him going back to Kanto for the second time to tie in with Let’s Go. Depending on how things go with the Ultra Guardian arc SM may end up becoming a filler fest until Gen 8 releases late 2019 (not sure how much episodes they can squeeze in if the anime includes Rainbow Rocket).
If they make an anime counterpart of RR with villans, they can bring back companions to fight RR. Lol this is just a thought

Xuxuba

I think Ash will stay in Alola for the time being, since there is not much for him to do in Kanto.

Unless they make him challenge the Indigo League once again, but i do not see that happen, although that'd be great in my opinion.

If they make an anime counterpart of RR with villans, they can bring back companions to fight RR. Lol this is just a thought
I would love that, but nowadays it doesn't look like something the writers would do.

The last time they did a saga with that much continuity was BF, a long time ago :c

D

Deleted member 384931

I think Ash will stay in Alola for the time being, since there is not much for him to do in Kanto.

Unless they make him challenge the Indigo League once again, but i do not see that happen, although that'd be great in my opinion.

I would love that, but nowadays it doesn't look like something the writers would do.

The last time they did a saga with that much continuity was BF, a long time ago :c
They had a plan for the 20th movie to bring all the old companions back, maybe this is to make it up for not make that happen back then. And tbh I dont see them being in alola for another year. They are rushing things with UBs and Mina appearing soon (and they arent even good but enough about that).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
definitely yes, though it will most likely have a suffix or something (like bw s2/ep n/da or xy&z, and for some reason I thought AG had changed its name in the BF arc, but turns out I was wrong)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Even though Hoenn did have BF, it still had 3 years in the Hoenn region since games came a little slower then.
If they're going to do RR, then they should do it in Alola.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think they'll stay in Alola for another year and a bit. They still have the Poni trials, Lillie will still get a Z-Ring and some development with that, they still need to show off more Ultra Beasts, they still need to do a Necrozma arc, and a League. I think there's also a good chance we could still get Po Town and Guzma at some point in the future, we also got Battle Royal way after the Akala arc. Overall I think there's still plenty of material for them to fill out another year. I could see a few episodes back in Kanto before they go to gen 8 happening, maybe with Lana challenging Misty again and Kiawe challenging Brock, but not really much more than that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think they'll leave Alola. I mean what is there for Ash to actually do in Kanto? Nothing, that's right. I'd love a few Kanto episodes to end the series off though, like a proper lab episode where Ash meets everybody and not just a small portion of the Kanto squad. And Gladion/Lillie part ways with him to do the Kanto League while Ash either gets word about gen 8 from Oak/Gary/Gen 8 Prof visiting Oak
Sinnoh's really the only region he could return to and do something new and different as he hasn't done the Battle Frontier there, but that's a discussion best saved for gen 8.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I somewhat doubt that we'll see that Rocket-dan subplot materialize in the SM anime, however. It doesn't seem like it could work in the anime due to how comical the series is.

I don't really think that'd hinder it all that much to be honest, Sun and Moon have shown to be able to handle more serious and darker tones as well, for instance the Nebby arc and Stoutland's departure. I think Rainbow Rocket showing up depends more on pacing and whether they can fit it in there. I think that if we get a Rocket plot they'd go in a very different direction from the games and possibly tie it into the Necrozma arc (Giovanni has been shown to have interest in it) rather than into the multiverse origin.

Remix2

If the rainbow rocket arc done happen, I have my doubt on the writers making it good given how they handle the af arc.

Last edited: