• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will the Pokémon craze ever truly return?

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Honestly I don't want the fad to ever get as big as it was. The series as a whole (kind of including the anime) is doing fine and improving. When you add a lot of new people to an exsisting thing it changes what that thing ahs grown to be. The same can be said for Pokemon, if there were a massive influx of people to the franchise (instead of the steady gain) it would change the direction of the franchise as a whole.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
The pokemon craze was extremely epic....well. Cept that the *real* 'craze', for me, was around like 2003-2004 rather than the late 90s lol.

That said, the fad sort of came back....a little. That year, pretty much everyone i met was a pokemon fan. But maybe it only seemed that way since i myself like.....lived and breathed pokemon.

As of now, i don't *expect* it to become a craze again, but, i also think theres a possablity of it too still in a way.

Pokemon can be a really funny thing sometimes lol

Ruas

I think at that time, it was only growing in popularity. Something that everybody was doing & catching on. Now, it sort has matured out just like its initial audience. To come back with a big bang & really become a craze once again is hard considering all the amazing games out there. Not saying that it's impossible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes back.

Dreamy

Every popular game has it's moment in the sun, will Pokemon ever have that again? probably not, but one can hope.

NotABeginningTrainer

There is an important distinction here between "craze" and "popularity". No, pokemon does not have as much worldwide attention as it had, but it is still very popular among older fans and younger kids. They still like it like we do, even if it doesn't have as much attention. I think the thing that keeps pokemon so popular for different ages is the fact that it is simple to play through the story, yet very complicated for serious players. So, no it will not be a "craze" again but it is still very popular.

I also don't think the craze will ever return, unless they do something drastic with the anime. The games have been great for a long time, but the show.... eh... I personally think the show was never good at all. The anime is a lot more accessible to people, as all they have to do is just watch. I mean, that's what got me into the franchise to begin with. The show is just filler and is relatively loosely based on the games.

Maybe if Pokemon came up with more of a Skylanders approach, little kids would be flocking it. haha