• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will The Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up? (247)

Zamin

Amazing episode, Team Rocket's costumes were actually kinda convincing for once. I really enjoyed the episode, it was rather funny!

The title recalls the famous Eminem song. Kojiro did a great job for the imposter and it is better than the later one in DP in my opinion.

Seconded.

Also, I loved the English dub of this episode: Stuart Zagnit and Eric Stuart made it very enjoyable as Professor Oak and James, respectively-- certainly a lot better than Carter Cathcart talking to himself later on in DP.

Truly entertaining seeing TR and the real Oak and DJ Mary face off to see who the real ones are! :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing DJ Mary once again and Jessie actually looked good disguised as her hee hee. James managed to act like a convincing professor Oak and I was surprised that the real Oak had caught a Pidgey.

JudySpell

Banned
James dressed as Oak was brilliant and man did I laugh when the real Oak appeared and when DJ Mary and Jessie got mad at each other. 7/10

I like when James dressed up as other people so I liked his Oak impersonation + the quiz section between him and Oak was very fun. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I really love this episode because we got to see DJ Mary again, and I also laughed when I saw Meowth dress up as a producer. I also like that James showed how he had lots of knowledge during the quiz round with Professor Oak.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Kojirou and Musashi dressed up as Okido-hakase and Kurumi just so that they'd get food and benefits at the town's event was hilarious and so like them, although Kojirou ended up looking much older than the real Okido-hakase in his disguise. I loved the quiz show segment of this episode the most.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Since TRio do disguises nearly every episode, what's so exciting about it this time? I liked the idea of having a contest to determine who the true Oak was though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kurumi's presence here was amusing since she gave Musashi a reason to wear a disguise, but I didn't think she was as entertaining here as she was when she hosted the radio show in Kogane City.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I remember watching this episode a long time back and it was hilarious to see James disguise as Professor Oak and Jessie disguise as DJ Mary. It was also funny when the fake Professor Oak was answering questions from the kids and with the one of the questions being "What exactly is that leek thing that Farfetch'd is always carrying around?" with James calling it a hockey stick and then the children asking him more questions. The quiz was alright though because it brought out the differences between the real and the fake Oak but I didn't really care much about the other parts anyway.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I'm somewhat impressed that Kojirou was able to mimic Okido-hakase's mannerisms so well here. He also surprised me with his Pokemon knowledge.

Daizy

I call you honey
The setting here was so dumb, but it was a charming kind of dumb. Besides it's a neat look at Professor Oak and we get to see how good Team Rocket can really be with their disguises.