• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will The Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up? (247)

pokemon fan 132

This episode was hilarious.I liked how James tryed to impersonate prof.Oak and he was pretty successfull until all went downhill in that quiz.I think this episode brought a nice concept and had many funny and interesting elements in it.

The quiz to find out who is the real professor Oak was decent and overall i enjoyed in this episode.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Aha, I loved this episode. James & Oak had a trivia round to determine who was who. I loved it! And I loved that bit with the Pidgey; that little Pidgey looked quite strong, to really show his philosophies ^_^ Good episode.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I like this episode. It was cool to see Oak battling with a Pidgey.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I really enjoyed this episode. I thought Team Rocket did a good job of impersonating Professor Oak and Mary. I found it amusing when James was pretending to be Professor Oak and he told the children that Farfetch'd hold a hockey stick. I also liked the idea of having a contest to determine who the true Proffesor Oak is and who the imposter is. I'm glad that they were abke to identify the real Proffesor Oak correctly. However, I was awfully surprised by how strong the Pidgey was.

Great Episode! The kids are funny lol! Its all right that thare is such thing as a celabi! you just need the GS ball to work! :D
And Brock don't like jessie because jessie is an old witch! :D

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see Oak with a pokemon.

and James was funny....

5/10

Armaldo48

I never expected that Oak would have a pokemon. And how Brock reacted to Jessie made it a funny episode.

7.5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well Professor Oak appeared quite a bit in Johto didn't he? If only that were the case in other regions. Anyway, this was a very funny episode. James pretending to be Oak was hilarious since he did a great job fooling some people. Jessie dressed up as DJ Mary was funny as well, but James stole the show. I liked how James was good with poetry as well; a hidden talent it seems. A Johto Filler with a twist, and it was acutally good. 8/10.

Last edited:

CliveKoopa

This was quite a good episode and I liked the reference to The Ultimate Test here.
This is also only the second episode to mention numercial levels following The School Of Hard Knocks. I thought that the concept of levels in the anime wouldn't still exist this late in the anime. I did notice several times in Johto episodes about Pokemon moving up a level too.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Good episode I liked it. Those kids are really gullible though, Prof. Oak isn't that pale, Jessie was able to pull off Mary though.

Brock was funny when he was like "this thing isn't Mary!" although it's like she is a human you know. It does make you wonder why Brock never found Jessie that attractive, I guess because the first time they met he knew she was a bad guy when she tried stealing Pikachu.
One thing Prof. Oak's poems aren't really that great, the Starmie one was bad but there are others that isn't that good either. The Wobbufett from both wasn't that good either

G50

No longer posting
I liked this episode. TR looked hilarious in their outfit and disguise impersonations of Professor Oak and Mary. I thought it was really cool how they used Poems as the tiebreaker, it made the most sense. Amazing how nobody could figure out who the fake was...

70/100

TheEpicGoomba

I really enjoyed this episode. Team Rocket disguises were very clever. Never knew Oak had a Pokemon at the time of this episodes release.

9/10

Champion Jared 14

I LOVED the additional game reference to Prof. Oak and DJ Mary's radio show in this episode, and Prof. Oak's poetry segment is really something.

Team Rocket impersonating Oak and Mary really made this episode. LOL, they were trying so hard to be the read deal. I liked the reference to the test in the episode "The Ultimate Test".

Wobbuffet...Win. Lmao

Lol, those kids were cute. Such thing as a Celebi? Are Clefairy aliens? When should I evolve my Eevee?? And James just lied to them.

I liked how Brock didn't respond to Jessie being fake trying to be the real Mary. lol

I liked how Misty came up with the idea to have a quiz competition to see who the real professor oak was. She gets to be the problem solver for a change!

And it was nice to see professor Oak with a pokemon, a nice touch.

88/100

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
If there's one thing you shouldn't mess up on, it's the "Jigglypuff seen from above" joke. And guess who messed it up.

Anyway, it was a good episode. It's rare for Team Rocket to remain in a disguise for the entirety of nearly the whole episode, so it was fun to watch the two bounce each other off like that. I wouldn't be surprised if Mary was played by Rachael Lillis, so it would make sense why she could imitate her voice to near-perfection. I also like how they decided to have Oak's poems (or haikus I suppose they are in the original) in the episode, since American audiences almost never get to see them.

But wow, James is so pasty-white XD. All that time out in the sun, and he can't even tan. That's funny.

7threst

This episode is one of those other filler episodes I loved to watch and I really enjoyed the whole thing between Team Rocket masquerading as the fake DJ Mary and Professor Oak. This episode is a good example in how Johto had many character reappearing from both Kanto, Orange Islands and even in Johto itself.

Blessed

A very hilarious and enjoyable episode, it's one of my favorites. I thought Team Rocket did a good job of impersonating Professor Oak and DJ Mary. I got a laugh at how two announcers had to host the quiz, it was very funny to see.