• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will The World End in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Validus

I don't believe the world will end, as in complete and total loss of all life on earth. rather just that our entire way of living will change suddenly. Kinda like the fall of Rome.

Last edited:

Brick 777

I'm back on serebii
the reason for this cause the myan calender ends in 2012 thats y i created this debate

much like all doomsday dates, it will be an uneventful year in that respect, nothing will end or change significantly, but I think something important WILL happen: The setting of a NEW doomsdate, my bet is 2066, but it could be any year they can come up with.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
I hate how people spread the misconception that the world is supposed to end in 2012. If you actualy took the time to read a little on the matter, its supposed to be a shift in the human conciousness that happens on December 21, 2012. If people can believe armageddon is going to happen, I dont know why this can seem so ridiculus. Some people think the "global conciousness shift" is the doubling of information happening so rapidly that it expands into infinity. Look up the doubling of information on google for further understanding. Im not that great at explaing it. But it has to do with us moving into the age of technology.

BuNnY RaBbItS9945

hippity hop ^.^
this reminds me of when everybody was going crazy over the new years of 2000. do u guys remember that? people thought the world was going 2 end, they thought computer were going 2 malfunction, etc. but as it turns out we are all typing dandily here today. ^.^

if the world does end n 2012, all the choice u have is 2 live everyday of your life fully and that's something we all should be doing anyways, with or without this news cast.

and when it comes down 2 it, we really don't know until that time actually comes around. i personally am not going 2 run around or sit n a corner panicing about how the world is going 2 end.

i personally think it isn't, but either way i'm living my life to the fullest.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
That's what they always say guess what WE ARE STILL HERE! No it won't happen whatever they say it won't happen
scientists said:
OH MY GOD THE WORLD WILL END IN 2006!!!!!!!
us said:
It's 2006 we are still here epic fail!
I hope no one believes that stupid prediction.
I'm sure the real doomsdate is in 3500!

Littlemyuu

God only knows when the world will end...

but really, i don't think the world ends at 2012...
even if it does, then i had a good time on earth

Jazzy

Typical
The only thing ending in 2012 is this god damn rumour. Most annoying thread idea ever.

EDIT: In b4 lock.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i agree this thread should be locked, sure this section is for things pertaining to things other than pokemon but what does it say for the forums if such topics appear and to be discussed on a site that children most likely visit, stuff like this doesn't belong here.

Guess we won't find out until 2012... Is it me or is that star moving, and getting bigger...
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE EVERYBODY!!!! I'LL KEEP THE CHILDREN SAFE!!!!
wait, thats just a bit of dirt on my telescope...
Anyway, No it will not end.
If it does, I'll fly into Heaven on a unicorn, and I'll have the people that make pokemon in a sack on my back.

Jazzy

Typical
Amazing. Six hours and this hasn't turned into a giant spam fest. Well done, Sppf.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
The only thing ending in 2012 is this god damn rumour. Most annoying thread idea ever.

EDIT: In b4 lock.
Yay, me too! Just in time to up my postcount before Josh closes this!
And, no, the world won't end in 2012. It didn't end in 1999 or 2000 or 2006, and it won't end in 2012. Simple as that!

Spider Pig

I hope not. I want to go to the London Olympics dammit D:

Dragonite

#SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp
The calender in my room ends 31st December 2009, doesn't mean the worlds ending...
Let's be fair, if this was made and stuff, it HAD to end somewhere, doesn't mean it's gonna end, just means they didn't wanna continue? Thought someone else was gonna carry it on? They all died before finishing?

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
We have to buy a new calendar every year at our house because they run out. Somehow, thankfully, we've always managed to weather the storm.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
There really should be a motivational poster on how telling people when the end of the world is going to happen = epic trolling. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.