• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Spending time with his brother? Working on some programming? Eating candies?

Any of those, sadly he's not developed enough right now to understand what he's likely to be doing :/

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Unova is the only region that could classify as a reset for Pikachu considering what Zekrom did when they got there, but that's it.

Agreed. So far Pikachu's power in first 10 episodes:

AG>SM>XY>DP>Johto>BW>Kanto.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Last thing we need is more people who look up to Ash so much they want to be like him. Had enough of that in XY, thank you very much.

Thank God the SM cast has lives outside of whatever Ash is doing next.

Oh please, I'm not asking for worship just better dynamics with Ash. I'm not sure why you think Ash's friends not being at the match and Ash acting like they did so much when they did nothing is great writing. Them not caring about his exploits enough to watch feels lame instead of ~realistic~

Let's just not have the SM cast interact with Ash at all then and have all their developments off screen, it's the opposite end of the spectrum of XY so it must be a good thing .:eyeroll:.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So I was right once again... Didn't exactly predict the sweep, but there was no indication outside of the title and preview that Ash was gonna lose this battle, especially when the upcoming episodes show nothing about a rematch. Keeping up with Z-Move training is actually in character for Ash whether he won or lost

Also, strike one against the haters, both Ash and Pikachu weren't reset to Best Wishes levels just because the anime took a more comedic tone. If anything, Pikachu seems to be in a league of it's own right now.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
there are people still arguing about Pikachu's defensive capabilities, especially after what happened with grubbin back in episode 4.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
there are people still arguing about Pikachu's defensive capabilities, especially after what happened with grubbin back in episode 4.
I think people fail to realize that episode's implications were that Ash and Pikachu never returned to the PokeCenter after their battle with Mimikyu and had other battles before Grubbin, of which Pikachu got blindsided anyway

dman_dustin

Okay just a few points-

1. For those complaining about Pikachu's durability, keep in mind that Pikachu only got hit once from all out pummeling. I don't know HOW many "palms" Hariyama used in All-out Pummeling but I think we can say that Pikachu only received 1/how many "Palms" Hariyama used, unlike say Breakneck Blitz which dealt full damage straight to Hariyama.

2. As for the complaint of Electrium-Z let's keep in mind from a realistic situation it makes no sense for a trainer to have a Z-move he/she cannot use, and obviously Ash with a Fightinium Z would be completely pointless at this moment, and besides Ash already had an Electrium Z but shattered so it makes sense for Ash to have that again. Don't get me wrong, I understand the complaints about the trials, that if Ash battles Totem Vikavolt he won't get Electrium Z, and it was for that reason I probably would've like to see Flynium Z or even Steelium Z, Z-crystals you just randomly get in the game, but it was Hala, so I guess that's why Ash didn't get anything other than Electrium Z because of Pikachu and Tapu Koko. That being said if Ash does get Grubbin, maybe Vikavolt will give Ash Bugnium Z, which as we know we get in the games from pilfering a treasure chest full of them.

3. As for the few complaining about the episode as a whole? Um....what? Did you not see the same episode that I saw, because this was a very epic battle episode that I'm surprised I'm not bothered by the 2 vs 2.

4. The only complaint I have of this episode is that no one watched Ash's Grand Trial (Outside of the ones already there). No classmates, no Officer Jenny. It's detrimental to the dynamic Ash has with his classmates, because we didn't get a reaction from them or even encouragement from them. All we got is a "SILENT AKA Voiced OVER" Party where they have "normal everyday" expressions like someone completing the Grand Trial is the same as Getting up in the morning. Which is especially strange given that Kiawe is the only one who completed a Grand Trial (prior to Ash), that you'd think it would be a bigger deal. It's why I was hoping Ash would lose because then they would show up, but I'm pleasantly surprised and more than okay with the episode, but this does bother me, a little that no one watched Ash's Grand Trial outside of technically Rotomdex (the only one NOT part of the battle, Hala was the opponent and Kukui was the referee).

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know, it is possible Ash could get the Steelium Z from Vikavolt, I know It might not make sense on paper, but the trial site is where Sophocles was stationed in the game, and he had taken over for the guy who gives you Steelium-Z.

The thing can even learn Flash Cannon, just saying with all these hate comments on Sophocles.

After watching Crabrawler fight, I really don't want Ash to get it, it's way too much like Corphish, even fights almost the same exact way.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
What a great episode, Rowlett proved he can be a strong battler and it's the cutest thing ever, so op it even falls asleep after defeating its opponent.
Pikachu was awesome and can finally shut up people talking about a reset, and with the Z moves he's gonna be even stronger now.

As soon as I heard the Sinnoh Gym Leader theme playing I started smiling, so unexpected *-*

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I think people should realize that Trial Captains (aside from one exception) do not engage trainers in battle in the games. Sure they were the closest thing to Gym Leaders, but they were only there to guide while the actual battles reside with the Totem Pokémon (and the last one proves you don't need a Trial Captain to do so). And when I heard that most of the Trial Captains were going to become classmates to Ash rather than teachers, I'm not surprised by the fact that Ash got an Electrium Z-Crystal after this episode. Nor is it a huge loss as we have other ways of doing the trials and grand trials.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
So Pikachu is doing even beter than he did in XY at the beginnign since he isn't getting stomped by even fully evolved Pokemon unlike his humilliating loss to Surskit and near-loss to Bunnelby .
Take that haters
SM Anime-01
XY Fanboys/SM Haters-00
LOL

nuzamaki90

Somebody actually did in-game calculations to prove that Pikachu could survive a +6 Belly Drum-boosted STAB All-Out Pummeling from Hala's Hariyama and apparently it can. It can actually take two of them :p. Reset my ***.

Soniman

Break the Limit
So Pikachu is doing even beter than he did in XY at the beginnign since he isn't getting stomped by even fully evolved Pokemon unlike his humilliating loss to Surskit and near-loss to Bunnelby .
Take that haters
SM Anime-01
XY Fanboys/SM Haters-00
LOL
by "near loss" you mean Ash getting the upperhand before getting interrupted then sure

also I dont think I need to bring up Paikachu getting hospitilized by a wild Grubbin as opposed to a gym leader's pokemon

Janovy

Banned
When Ash fails to utilize any strategy, people crap all over him.

But when he actually makes use of strategy, nobody bats an eye. It would be nice if people acknowledge that for a change.

Ominous Wind

But when he actually makes use of strategy, nobody bats an eye. It would be nice if people acknowledge that for a change.

Don't you get it? Even when Ash does something good people will nitpick with "Yeah, he used strategy, but why didn't *insert nitpick* happen as well? Terrible episode."

Janovy

Banned
Don't you get it? Even when Ash does something good people will nitpick with "Yeah, he used strategy, but why didn't *insert nitpick* happen as well? Terrible episode."
*sigh* I know, but I like to be hopeful and think people will actually acknowledge the good things SM Ash does instead of constantly berating him for bad things.

Ash literally found out an episode ago about Rowlet's ability to use Leafage to sneak up on his opponent, it was something he was completely unaware of because Rowlet did it on its own. And now in this episode, he used it to his advantage and actually told Rowlet to do it.

Last edited:

DS0308

<--- Actually me

So no one acknowledged the strategies he came up with last series too? Is that what you're trying to say here as well?

I haven't been able to watch the episode again just yet in full but from what I saw he did come up with some good ideas, only thing I can say about the Iron Tail to the legs is that I'm not even sure he directly called for Pikachu to do that specifically but that happens quite often anyway.

But I'm also starting to get the feeling that some people are trying too hard to make other people like this series.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
by "near loss" you mean Ash getting the upperhand before getting interrupted then sure

also I dont think I need to bring up Paikachu getting hospitilized by a wild Grubbin as opposed to a gym leader's pokemon

Y'know after going through a ravenous murderous Mimikyu?
Without any sort of rest whatsoever ?
Yeah
Nice point bringing up 2 different contexts entirely just to prove me wrong, which you failed to do.
Have a nice day

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If Rowlet is going to evolve at some point, he'll become the ultimate troll and I will adore it.

Did not expect the sweep, no resets do wonders.