• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!!

After completing the only Island Trial on Melemele Island, Ash decides to face off against the Island Kahuna Hala in the Grand Trial. Hala uses powerful Fighting-type Pokémon and moves causing Ash some trouble as he currently only has Pikachu and Rowlet. During battle, Hala unleashes the All-Out Pumelling Z-Move causing Ash to retaliate with a Z-Move of his own. Will he be able to win the battle?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Janovy

Banned
- Looks like Ash made it into local newspaper due to his efforts with the Totem Pokemon.
- Continuity from previous episode: Totem's ally Pokemon, Gumshoos, is Jenny's new partner Pokemon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So they're having the battle but no-ones taught Breakthrough Blitz to Ash?

Uhhh, hopefully I missed something

Rowlet with the win!

Rowlet...why

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
DP theme is awesome!

But stock footage is not...

I wonder if Rowlet's constant sleeping is just it slowly dying foreshadowing an eventual evolution to Decidueye (endless sleep as a ghost)

Janovy

Banned
Ok, I didn't expect Rowlet to get a win. That preview made it seem like Rowlet was going to be obliterated lol

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Belly Drum? Oooooh

Wait, when exactly did he learn the dance?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Clean victory, wow.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ash wins 2-0.

Kinda miffed about the lack of being taught Breakthrough Blitz. Unless that was in dialogue.

Electrium-Z already? Welp Sophocles just became irrelevant LOL

Janovy

Banned
Tapu Koko replaced Hala's Z-crystal with Electrium-Z.

Wow.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Oh the Champion theme is playing. Foreshadowing the Alola league.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
DP theme is awesome!

But stock footage is not...

I wonder if Rowlet's constant sleeping is just it slowly dying foreshadowing an eventual evolution to Decidueye (endless sleep as a ghost)

It's just a gag. Like how Chespin's appetite never lead to it evolving into a chunky Quilladin..

Holy157

Wonder if Ash will even get the Fightium-Z now. If he gets a Pokemon which could use it later I could see him getting it, but with Tapu Koko doing his best troll impression, I don't know.

Assuming Tapu Koko is going to acquire another Z-Crystal for Sophocles' Trial, unless Ash gets a Pikachu exclusive Z-Crystal there instead.

So, they saved Rowlet from defeat by having him fall asleep. Ok, sure.

Why did they remove the 2nd part of All-Out Pummelling? There was like no reason for them to do it.

Rockruff is too adorable.

Guess we won't find out how Ash learnt the Z-Move.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
YES!!!! Rowlet didn't get a loss <3!!!! This battle was epic and Rowlet made my freaking day :D.