• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Great action, I was on the edge of my seat! Now, onto the good points/episode surprises:

-Ash featured on the newspaper (with the same shy face Clemont had in the party picture. I knew Ash can be a bit shy!) I can't take Alolan Rattata and Raticate's mug shots seriously, they're just too funny!! Like someone put a moustache on a rat and a gerbil in replace of the real guys who committed this heinous crime. :p And Prof Kukui basically hid the remaining 2 police officers (one of them got only half of their body there) The Growlithe Pokémon food box is cute. Both Rockruff and Pikachu are in a hurry to eat.

-Ash and Hala trying to bring Tapu Koko to them? It's definitely watching their battle.

-Prof Kukui as referee! Neat traditional battle opener

-Rowlet got thrashed around but I knew it had a few tricks up its sleeve. Rowlet was so cute sneaking up behind Ash with a happy face, lets use it to our advantage.

-Rowlet got a win!!! You go Rowlet! I thought Crabrawler was gonna be more rough and take you down but you did well. Rowlet whistling like that's gonna calm it down lol.

-Rowlet sleeping while flying... AHAHAHA!!!! :D

-Hariyama can lift 10 tons?

-Hala's impressive combo attacks

-DAMN! Pikachu is getting man slapped! DAMN! Pikachu is fast! DAMNNN!! Hala is flexible! :eek:

-Hala's Z move formation with Hariyama is incredible! Look at that burning passion! It's like their bond is physically surged into Hariyama.

-Pikachu sure is quick and he can sure endure a tough hit.

-Ash Pikachu Z move incoming!! Fire the Pika bullet GO!!!

-Hariyama got blasted off the stadium like it was Team Rocket!! :eek:

-Ash won!!!! :)

-Rotomdex's reactions! :p

-Tapu Koko switched out the Z Crystal (Hala's surprised face :p)

-More Prof Kukui supporting Ash and he's gonna help him.

-Love the little party with Ash's classmates. Mamane is hogging all the pizza, Mao chan and Lana are talking while Ash and Kiawe are there, and Lillie is holding the egg, not keeping it out of her sight! :)

-Foreshadowing Ash v Tapu Koko battle?!

Bad points:

-Rowlet wasn't in the victory pose... AGAIN!! :(

-Why is it that toenails are drawn but not fingernails? ... Okay aside from when Prof Kukui was holding the newspaper.

-I kind of wish the battles were a little bit longer but they were really good

-Why is Officer Jenny's belt sideways? Is it slipping?!

Good episode. Very action packed but it wasn't too serious. Ash & Pikachu's way of reacting (like their movements and expressions) sold the episode and it wasn't over the top. I am so glad Rowlet had just as much screentime as Pikachu and got a win.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This clearly proves; Pikachu and Rowlet-> Ash-Greninja

It was good episode, amazing battle. Second best episode so far.

BlazeKnight7

So apparently the DP music was actually a remix from Movie 17 titled "Carne vs. Ganpi," (Diantha vs. Wikstrom in English). Was still a great throwback though. Can't wait to watch this ep subbed

This clearly proves; Pikachu and Rowlet-> Ash-Greninja

It was good episode, amazing battle. Second best episode so far.

The mons Satoshi Gekkouga fought were much bigger threats than Hala's Crabrawler and Hariyama lol.

Last edited:

CMButch

The mons Satoshi Gekkouga fought were much bigger threats than Hala's Crabrawler and Hariyama lol.

No. Rowlet fought him and fell asleep like; "I can beat Hariyama so easily, but I will let Pikachu do it, because he's mascot".

BlazeKnight7

No. Rowlet fought him and fell asleep like; "I can beat Hariyama so easily, but I will let Pikachu do it, because he's mascot".

Rowlet just didn't wanna put in the effort. He figured "I can beat Hariyama, but I'm tired from fighting the other guy, and seems like a bit too much effort to fight Hariyama so I'll let Pikachu do it"

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
On a serious tangent, I hope now Ash has won we haven't seen the last of Hala. Granted we'll probably go to Akala soon but I wouldn't want him to become forgotten.

CMButch

Mega Sceptile and Mega Abomasnow were definitely weaker than Crabawler and Haryama lol. Anyway I can't understand this joke posts.

Crabralwer is, but Peakyama is not, that's why Rowlet fell asleep because he let Pikachu do it, because Pikachu needs a battle. Equality, bro.
There's a meaning behind them.

CMButch

Are you trolling or what? This battle was a great battle, Ash swept Hala, but comparing these Pokemon to Megas is laughable. This Pokemon aren't even nearly strong as Heidayu's Bisharp, whom Ash-Greninja OHKO'd in the first episode it happened.

What. No, Peakyama is way stronger than Heidayu's Bisharp , he can create shockwaves from his hands by waving them. He can lift a truck and throw hid mid-diff.A-G can't even pick up a boulder. Hariyama hits A-G and he faints, simple as that.

CMButch

No dude, he is not. Heidayu's Bisharp was overwhelming 3 Pokemon (Pikachu+Frogadier+Sanpei's Greninja) single handedly.

Anyway, this episode was absolutely perfect, too perfect.

Hariyama's one punch destroys A-G, or he uses Normal Z move for even better ownage.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Rowlet getting the win then falling asleep was hilarious. Crabrawler is pretty awesome as well.
Also nice to see some continuity during the battle.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hariyama gets destroyed by Heidayu's Bisharp's X-Scissor and Snarl.

Fixed it.

Anyway, this episode was more than what I wanted. I wanted Ash to win, and he won overwhelmingly. People said that Ash will lose, but I strongly believed that Ash will definitely win.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Well, this actually went better than I expected. Not only did Ash end up beating the grand trial on his FIRST TRY, he didn't lose a Pokémon throughout the match.

Rowlet's sleeping habit is clever considering he decided to nod off after beating Crabrawler.

And Pikachu's durability over seasons has been proven once again with tanking All-Out Pummeling long enough to defeat Hariyama with Breakneck Blitz. By the way, I love how Tapu Koko swooped in and switched the crystals. Fightingium Z would be useless to Ash at the moment unless he gets a Fighting type later down the road.

The episode was a joy to watch and hear about. Seeing Ash being the strong and competent trainer most people were claiming would LOSE this match is awesome in every right. Now I can't wait to see how Ash gets ready for the trials ahead.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I noticed that Ash mentioned something about that the Pokémon School after receiving the Electrium Z, I wonder if this means this episode will introduce the formula for the rest of the series so we'll know whether Ash will stay in school or travel to the other islands like he would in previous seasons

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I noticed that Ash mentioned something about that the Pokémon School after receiving the Electrium Z, I wonder if this means this episode will introduce the formula for the rest of the series so we'll know whether Ash will stay in school or travel to the other islands like he would in previous seasons

Hopefully he stays in school; it's better than the repetitive traveling with Cotd/Team Rocket fillers :/

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Nice battle overall!Ash swept Hala.Lol'd at Rowlet took a nap after it beat Crabrawler.Pikachu looked completely unscathed despite it took a hit by All-Out Pummeling after Hariyama used Belly Drum.Also liked they used Sinnoh Gym Leader/Elite Four theme for a bit.Ash got Electrium-Z.Great episode.
However,it was only me or Pikachu looked extremely small near Hariyama?