• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

Rohanator

[IMG139]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/vidyavidya/images/2/2d/Nofun_robot.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110513151242[/IMG139]

I doubt people are seriously taking this as a hint towards DP remakes. If there is a hint for the remakes, it will come from the games, not the anime.

And besides, where's the harm in speculating?
I'm just tryna spread some real information here, the technicalities of music in Pokeani is a topic that's interested me greatly ever since the BW days but I never really see it talked about so I just kinda saw this as an excuse to bring it up. I didn't think anyone actually DID believe it was a real hint, which is why I said "in case" instead of specifically coming off as trying to correct someone (in which case I woulda quoted them).

You're allowed to have fun, but if I can instead talk about something that's actually interesting and potentially prevent some ignorance in the process I'd rather do so than not.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I liked hearing the sinnoh gym leader battle music in this but I wish they would have used the entire soundtrack not just part of it :/

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

MFW Z-Moves:

[IMG300]https://media.giphy.com/media/r1HGFou3mUwMw/giphy.gif[/IMG300]

Pros:

* Ash is actually recognized in the newspaper/region

* Ash not used to meditation

* Rowlet's "OH ****" face when that Crabrawler punch hit

* Rowlet is such a goofball

* Rowlet sleeping after a win - Topu Keko m8

* DP OST

* WTF?!?? that All-Out Pummelling + hilarious background yell

* Quick Attack-enhanced dodge was a good choice by Ash

* BREEAAAAKKKNNNEECCCKKK BLLLLIIIIITTTTZZZZZ

* Ash pulled a WATTSON-WAKE. Did not expect that. Time to rename to WWH now...

Cons:

* Would have liked to seen more strategy from Ash's side

* Why didn't Hala order Hariyama to dodge or do something when Ash came for the Quick Attack/Iron Tail after All-Out Pummeling? I'm guessing Hariyama was tired?

* Sigh Does Rotom Dex have to talk so much?

Thoughts:

* Why does Peck look like an Electric-type move?

* Can punch a 10 ton truck...yeah pretty sure that's not true...

* So why didn't arm thrust crush every bone in Pikachu's body if each punch can send 1600 Pikachus flying =P

* So did Ash receive Electrium Z and Fightinium Z in the end? Or just the former?

That was a pretty awesome battle. Maybe they'll get tiring after a while, but Z-Moves look so ****ing cool.

9/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 8/8/4/4/6/4/7/7.5/8/9 (today's episode)
Average: 6.6/10

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
I liked hearing the sinnoh gym leader battle music in this but I wish they would have used the entire soundtrack not just part of it :/

I would have preferred the Kahuna theme...it's one of my favorites from Sun and Moon...the Sinnoh theme wasn't even a remix. It was the exact same track. Instead of feeling nostalgic, it felt out of place...

Janovy

Banned
* So did Ash receive Electrium Z and Fightinium Z in the end? Or just the former?
Just the former. It is stated that Ash has two Z-crystals now.

ShadowForce720

Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

MFW Z-Moves:

[IMG300]https://media.giphy.com/media/r1HGFou3mUwMw/giphy.gif[/IMG300]

Pros:

* Ash is actually recognized in the newspaper/region

* Ash not used to meditation

* Rowlet's "OH ****" face when that Crabrawler punch hit

* Rowlet is such a goofball

* Rowlet sleeping after a win - Topu Keko m8

* DP OST

* WTF?!?? that All-Out Pummelling + hilarious background yell

* Quick Attack-enhanced dodge was a good choice by Ash

* BREEAAAAKKKNNNEECCCKKK BLLLLIIIIITTTTZZZZZ

* Ash pulled a WATTSON-WAKE. Did not expect that. Time to rename to WWH now...

Cons:

* Would have liked to seen more strategy from Ash's side

* Why didn't Hala order Hariyama to dodge or do something when Ash came for the Quick Attack/Iron Tail after All-Out Pummeling? I'm guessing Hariyama was tired?

Thoughts:

* Why does Peck look like an Electric-type move?

* Can punch a 10 ton truck...yeah pretty sure that's not true...

* So why didn't arm thrust crush every bone in Pikachu's body if each punch can send 1600 Pikachus flying =P

That was a pretty awesome battle. Maybe they'll get tiring after a while, but Z-Moves look so ****ing cool.

9/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 8/8/4/4/6/4/7/7.5/8/9 (today's episode)
Average: 6.6/10

To answer your question in regards to whether or not Ash received both Electrium-Z and Fightinium-Z, Hala was intending to give Ash Fightinium-Z but then Tapu Koko switched it out for Electrium-Z, so Ash wound up getting Electrium-Z instead of Fightinium-Z. Where as in case your wondering what Tapu Koko did with the Fightinium-Z it gave it back to Hala in the segment after the Pokeproblem.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

This is actually one of my few complaints about this episode--too much commentary from Rotomdex. It's like it can't resist the urge to say something about nearly everything. >_> I hope the rest of Ash's Grand Trials have more cheerleaders spectators, so the commentary can be distributed among them and Rotomdex doesn't have to do as much talking.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
honestly loved the whole episode so good! I love that pikachu has continuation here and is super strong and fast. Pikachu's bones are made of titanium aloid definitely! (not surprised it's a special pikachu as has been stated many times), just loved it all.

Janovy

Banned
In the games, Hala hints that Tapu Koko taking an interest in you (the protagonist) and giving you the Sparkling Stone (out of which Z-rings are made of), or in Ash's case, a Z-ring, means that you are probably in Alola for a reason and that Tapu Koko might have a mission for you.

This is made obvious by the fact that Tapu Koko goes out of its way to not only provide Ash with a Z-ring, but also teach him how to perform the Z-dance for the Electric type move.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think Ash will continue to forever pull out a dex for future mons, especially with the advent of alolan variations, it only makes sense. He would have no idea if a pokemon could have different powers or if they know something about a pokemon that other regions dont, so he should always dex them! makes sense too.

Ominous Wind

In the games, Hala hints that Tapu Koko taking an interest in you (the protagonist) and giving you the Sparkling Stone (out of which Z-rings are made of), or in Ash's case, a Z-ring, means that you are probably in Alola for a reason and that Tapu Koko might have a mission for you.

This is made obvious by the fact that Tapu Koko goes out of its way to not only provide Ash with a Z-ring, but also teach him how to perform the Z-dance for the Electric type move.

Makes me wonder how the other Tapus will interact with Ash.

Janovy

Banned
Makes me wonder how the other Tapus will interact with Ash.
Tapu Lele replaces Ash's Rockium-Z with Fairium-Z? Lol

Honestly though, I don't think the other Tapus will interact with Ash the way Tapu Koko does.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The other Tapus have no business. If they did interact with Ash, hoo boy, he would be REALLY over glorified. (And it would be pathetic if not even being backed up and recommended by Tapus would give him a chance to win the next league).

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Not to put down Ash's great performance, but it should be noted that if Hala is anything like in the game's then he is holding back substantially/not using anywhere near his strongest pokemon. Albeit the fact he used a Hariyama instead of Makuhita could suggest he accounted for how Ash is more experienced than the average trial goer.

The other Tapus have no business. If they did interact with Ash, hoo boy, he would be REALLY over glorified. (And it would be pathetic if not even being backed up and recommended by Tapus would give him a chance to win the next league).

I think it'd be interesting if three of Ash's friends pique the interest of the Tapus, then Lillie finds Nebby, then whoever remains gets Marshadow whenever it is eventually released. I think it'd be cool if maybe Lele took interest in Mallow, seeing as she is lively and Lele lives in the Ruins of Life, Bulu took interest in Kiawe, seeing as his family owns a farm and Bulu lives in the ruins of abundance, and Fini takes interest in Lana, since she has a goal with her Popplio and hopes to achieve it and Fini lives in the ruins of hope. This would make sense with Ash and Koko, since Ash loves battling and Koko lives in the ruins of conflict. Sophocles gets Marshadow or something dumped on him in a movie maybe. Lillie gets Nebby in a movie or an arc like in the games. To me it makes sense, but it probably won't happen. Guess I can always hope though...

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think it'd be interesting if three of Ash's friends pique the interest of the Tapus, then Lillie finds Nebby, then whoever remains gets Marshadow whenever it is eventually released. I think it'd be cool if maybe Lele took interest in Mallow, seeing as she is lively and Lele lives in the Ruins of Life, Bulu took interest in Kiawe, seeing as his family owns a farm and Bulu lives in the ruins of abundance, and Fini takes interest in Lana, since she has a goal with her Popplio and hopes to achieve it and Fini lives in the ruins of hope. This would make sense with Ash and Koko, since Ash loves battling and Koko lives in the ruins of conflict. Sophocles gets Marshadow or something dumped on him in a movie maybe. Lillie gets Nebby in a movie or an arc like in the games. To me it makes sense, but it probably won't happen. Guess I can always hope though...

This is actually a brilliant idea, and would give each some character some level of importance that, right now, none of them bar Lillie seem to have. It would be stellar if this happened, but like you said, it probably won't. We can always dream, though and write fanfiction.

Nebby should be part of the main series, though, not regulated to a movie. Its story arc needs to be adapted into the series proper, IMO.

snorlax512

It's quite plausible since in DP they did the thing were Azelf took an interest in Ash, Mespirit in Dawn and Uxie in Brock, each representing willpower, emotion and knowledge.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Tapu Lele replaces Ash's Rockium-Z with Fairium-Z? Lol

Honestly though, I don't think the other Tapus will interact with Ash the way Tapu Koko does.

I could see the other Tapus checking out Ash just to see why Tapu Koko is so interested with him.