• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
probably because Pikachu actually dodged most of those blows, if more than 1 had made contact Pikachu probably would've lost, but it didn't take the full impact of the move.

Janovy

Banned
Pretty much as Zard said. Pikachu did not take the complete blow, it was pretty obvious, not sure how you guys missed it.

Pikachu mostly avoiding a Z-move does not equal Hala looking like a beginner, I don't even comprehend what sort of logic would lead you to make that statement.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There was absolutely no tension to this match. Let's be honest. The writers were too nice to Ash this time.

Maybe it was more on the easy side for Ash than it should have beem, but I wouldn't agree that there was no tension at all. Both Rowlet and Pikachu had trouble landing hits and kept on getting beat up on until Ash managed to find a strategy to turn things around. Yes, it was technically a sweep (though one could argue that Rowlet was too exhausted to battle any further, and therefore rendered unable to battle by Crabrawler), but it wasn't an easy sweep.

Janovy

Banned
There was absolutely no tension to this match. Let's be honest. The writers were too nice to Ash this time.
Let's be honest. Opinion =/= fact. You're old enough to know that.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
What on Earth makes you think that? How did Hala look like someone using a Z move for the first time? LMAO

Probably wrong choice of words there, but my point still remains that a Belly Drum All Out Pummeling was so easily dodged by Pikachu, and the fact Ash was perfectly able to execute Breakneck Blitz, a new type of technique for him so easily just made the battle seem anti climatic.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think we can all at least agree that there at least should have been an episode dedicated to Ash mastering Breakneck Blitz in between the Trial and Grand Trial episodes.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The Grand Trials are the Gyms of this generation. And we also finished a trial the episode prior.

We're effectively 1/4 done with this quest.

So do you mean that the reason my comparison fails is because I should have compared the episode numbers of Gym 2 from previous sagas instead of Gym 1?

Because based on your first sentence "Grand Trials are Gyms" that's basically what I said so I don't see how that's contradicting me

Probably wrong choice of words there, but my point still remains that a Belly Drum All Out Pummeling was so easily dodged by Pikachu, and the fact Ash was perfectly able to execute Breakneck Blitz, a new type of technique for him so easily just made the battle seem anti climatic.

Neither Ash nor Pikachu has been reset this saga, which is a good thing

I think we can all at least agree that there at least should have been an episode dedicated to Ash mastering Breakneck Blitz in between the Trial and Grand Trial episodes.

Agreed

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I wasn't expecting Ash to win this one. I thought that all out pummelling was going to be the end for him.

Overall, I thought the battle was good. Rowlet took some time to work out Crabrawler but in the end used it's speed to take it out and it did make me laugh that it fell asleep afterwards. I just hope that trait doesn't linger as I think that could begin to tarnish certain battles. Then the build to the climax was excellent and as I said earlier was fully expecting Ash to lose but he turned it around with a quick attack dodge and a breakneck blitz. However, I do agree that it was strange that Ash all of a sudden mastered breakneck blitz.

Good episode, onto the next one!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Welcome to the "Let's Glorify Ash" half-hour. First off, your diploma for saving our food (that we don't share with certain Pokemon)! Don't go thinking we hand these over to every Grand Trial challenger!
I'm sure they'd happily share food with the Rattata and Raticate. What they won't do is let them eat basically whole crops and cause havoc while doing so.

Neither Ash nor Pikachu has been reset this saga, which is a good thing
Hala even lampshades this when he states he could feel how experienced Ash was during the battle with Pikachu. I'd wager if he had known this ahead of time he might have brought stronger members of his team (we know form the games that the kahunas usually don't use their stronger team members during grand trials).

Regardless that Breakneck Blitz was a thing of beauty.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hala even lampshades this when he states he could feel how experienced Ash was during the battle with Pikachu. I'd wager if he had known this ahead of time he might have brought stronger members of his team (we know form the games that the kahunas usually don't use their stronger team members during grand trials).

Regardless that Breakneck Blitz was a thing of beauty.

I still think Hariyama is probably his strongest in the anime, seeing as Ash used Pikachu to defeat it (who hasn't been reset since Gen 5 anyway).

JLK2707

I am still just wondering why Tapu Koko switched the Fightinium Z with Electrium Z. Is this because Ash doesn't have a Pokemon which can use Fightinium Z?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I am still just wondering why Tapu Koko switched the Fightinium Z with Electrium Z. Is this because Ash doesn't have a Pokemon which can use Fightinium Z?

That's probably one (meta) reason Tapu Koko switched Fightinium-Z for Electrium-Z. The other (meta) reason is probably so that Pikachu, Ash's signature Pokémon, would be able to use Gigavolt Havoc (the Z-Move of his typing) earlier on the series, rather than having to wait until the Hokulani Observatory on Ula'Ula Island.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Hala's VA is a guy named Ryan Andes. He seems to be new to the voice cast since he doesn't seem to have any previous credits.

How are you finding out all these VAs for old episodes all at the same time?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked that we saw Satoshi on the front page of the newspaper in the beginning, and I thought that Satoshi versus Hala was riveting, even though the result was the opposite of what I had expected. I didn't think Mokuroh would defeat Makenkani, or that Pikachu would win against Hariteyama, but I was pleased with the results.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I finally got around to watching this episode and I have to say, this episode was decent. Not the best one but it was still really good.

That battle between Ash’s Pikachu and Misty’s Mega Gyarados was very well done. I was throughly surprised that Ash ended up winning, I thought for sure Misty would have but seeing as how Kiawe was beaten by Brock before, I guess I can understand it.

I give it a 7/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Um can you please DELETE the post before this one and move it to its appropriate thread. I saw a spoiler. Fortunately, I didn't read the rest of the post after I saw one word that is a major spoiler. Honestly really pissed off at even having seen that word