• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will there be a Hoenn filler this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad santa

Infernape Freak!!!
yes there will be a filler saga. reason? well, because of the fast pace this saga is going. yes they can slow things down, but they seem to be following the trend of kanto. they will more then likely throw in some mini arcs throughout this saga like a plasma or a rocket arc.

i dont think they they will go to hoenn though. i think that there will be an anime only region in this so-called filler arc.

demiblood

Correct me is I'm wrong but, Did ash go back to kanto because sinnoh wasn't 'discovered' yet and He was just going to go home? Then he found out about the battle frontier?

bad santa

Infernape Freak!!!
yea your somewhat correct... after the hoenn leaque, sorry for my spelling. ash went back to kanto. then he met one of the elite four and scott, scott saw ash battling and was impressed. he invited him to participate in the battle frontier challenge. then later on in the battle frontier saga, ash got a card from gary saying he was in sinnoh and that there were alot of new pokemon.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The thing about that all was Ash won against Brandon but didn't except the brain award. If there was to be another filler tornament, Ash could win but it wouldn't really change anything about his record if he was to lose the Unova league. It would be another waist of time.

erebus

There is one very important thing about Hoenn, and the reason Ash needs to revisit it.

Haruka.

Not if they replace May's design with another character design in the R/S/E remakes. If this were to be the case then the writers wouldn’t need to include her in any future episodes. Her potential as a marketing tool would be non-existent and the new girl would replace her in any potential cameo appearances.

Assuming, of course, that there even will be a R/S/E remake in the near future.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I highly doubt they'll replace the look of May in the possible remakes as unlike Crystal she played a huge part in the anime as well as games

I wouldn't be surprised if Brendan is replaced though

Aesir

Breeder
Ash is not going to go back to any older region again.

They'll probably stay in Isshu an explore the northern region and add a champion league.

He went back to Kanto for an entire season for another League thing, maybe there'll be something similar in Hoenn, or maybe there's new gyms opened in Hoenn and he decides to go there or something (as an Anime exclusive thing)

He went back to Kanto for an entire season for another League thing, maybe there'll be something similar in Hoenn, or maybe there's new gyms opened in Hoenn and he decides to go there or something (as an Anime exclusive thing)

but he never went to johto for the filler arc SO NO!!

now please end this thread as it will never happen and we have more chance of ash's oshawoot learning roar of time while tbaging a noob on call of duty

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
but he never went to johto for the filler arc SO NO!!

now please end this thread as it will never happen and we have more chance of ash's oshawoot learning roar of time while tbaging a noob on call of duty

What? Johto had that 4-5 episodes with khoury and that girl.

Plus it usually happens in 2's, Kanto - Orange islands.

Hoenn - Battle frontier.

Now it could be hoenn, or some filler islands.

He went back to Kanto, he can revisit Hoenn, now that's more possible then that Oshawott thing you said.

um'' what makes hoenn more special then johto??

diamond and pearl only had 4 episodes dedicated 2 the new games and hoenn gets a whole saga??

kanto was different since it was the very first region i doubt the 3rd region means anything

all you guys do is speculate and your always 100% wrong there will be no filler arc okay??

and you cant do a kanto battle frontier and then a hoenn battle frontier?? if they did it ash would have gone through johto first

SOOOOOOOOOOOO NO!!!!!!!!

and who would want to go back to that region anyways'' all hoenn will ever be remembered as a dodgey saga that finished the Pokemon Phenomenon and sunk the ratings in the us

full weird looking Pokemon that fans couldn't adapt 2

playerking

Because it was the first region? WTF?!

Lets see, Kanto - Filler arc

Johto - No filler Arc

Hoenn - Filler Arc

Sinnoh - No filler Arc

Since this is going at a fast paced, and I don't see 5 episode to advertise hoenn, we'll either see Gen 6 earlier, there will be no Gen 6, or a filler arc, now which seems more likely right now?

If they can do a Hoenn Battle frontier in Kanto, why not a Sinnoh Battle frontier in Hoenn. Or some other competition, a battle club league? A mission, something else.

And Hoenn would be a nice place to revisit.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Not if they replace May's design with another character design in the R/S/E remakes. If this were to be the case then the writers wouldn’t need to include her in any future episodes. Her potential as a marketing tool would be non-existent and the new girl would replace her in any potential cameo appearances.

Assuming, of course, that there even will be a R/S/E remake in the near future.
I'd like to point out ALL remake player characters have psysical differences to their original counterparts. Red used to have black hair but now has brown hair and Ethan looks very different to the original Gold. If Ruby and Sapphire do get remade the biggest change made to May will be a new hair style which also happened to Gary and he returned with that new hair. As people have said unlike the first two games the playable character you don't choose has a role in the game later which means they will still be the same character.

Because it was the first region? WTF?!

Lets see, Kanto - Filler arc

Johto - No filler Arc

Hoenn - Filler Arc

Sinnoh - No filler Arc

Since this is going at a fast paced, and I don't see 5 episode to advertise hoenn, we'll either see Gen 6 earlier, there will be no Gen 6, or a filler arc, now which seems more likely right now?

And Hoenn would be a nice place to revisit.

WHY WOULD ASH CHALLANGE THE BATTLE FRONTIER WHEN HE SAID HE WANTED TO KEEP GOING ON HIS JOURNEY AFTER HE WON IT '' IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE STOP IT!! you have no comeback for that 1

and what makes you think it will go 1 by 2?

And how do you even know we will get remakes?? it hasn't been confirmed??

okay they could stop the remakes since kanto and johto were really need cause you couldn't get pokemon from those regions and you can get hoenn pokes to your ds

playerking

WHY WOULD ASH CHALLANGE THE BATTLE FRONTIER WHEN HE SAID HE WANTED TO KEEP GOING ON HIS JOURNEY AFTER HE WON IT '' IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE STOP IT!! you have no comeback for that 1

and what makes you think it will go 1 by 2?

And how do you even know we will get remakes?? it hasn't been confirmed??

okay they could stop the remakes since kanto and johto were really need cause you couldn't get pokemon from those regions and you can get hoenn pokes to your ds

To challenge another one again, he doesn't have to have his own Battle facility, he can challenge it for fun.

And I don't think they will go to hoenn anyway, so drop it, kay?

And why wouldn't there be remakes? Remember the person who talked about a dream machine in that 3rd generation game, it could be a reference to a remake here.

Typing in capitals, doesn't help your argument, it just makes you seem crazy.
No need to be angry, take a deep breath, and calm down.

Last edited:
To challenge another one again, he doesn't have to have his own Battle facility, he can challenge it for fun.

And why wouldn't there be remakes? Remember the person who talked about a dream machine in that 3rd generation game, it could be a reference to a remake here.

Typing in capitals, doesn't help your argument, it just makes you seem crazy.
No need to be angry, take a deep breath, and calm down.

ash will challange the battle frontier just for fun! um lol why would he do that he tried it and he won it ' he doesn't need to do it anymore

that wasn't even a proper response you just knew i was right!

and i was typing in capitals to point out your' stupidity' and ignorance' kay?

and IF there were 3rd gen remakes all we will see the same as we did in diamond and pearl maybe different due to the ' distance of each other

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This fanbase is worse then the Justin Bieber fanbase lol Don't rule the possibility of it happening out. Just because they did not go back to Johto does not mean they won't go to Hoenn again. They my not they may your the writer now all we can do is guess and respect others views.

This fanbase is worse then the Justin Bieber fanbase lol Don't rule the possibility of it happening out. Just because they did not go back to Johto does not mean they won't go to Hoenn again. They my not they may your the writer now all we can do is guess and respect others views.

i will but would the writers really waste ash's time just to compete in another battle frontier just for fun?? cmon id like better suggestions then that!

playerking

ash will challange the battle frontier just for fun! um lol why would he do that he tried it and he won it ' he doesn't need to do it anymore

that wasn't even a proper response you just knew i was right!

and i was typing in capitals to point out your' stupidity' and ignorance' kay?

and IF there were 3rd gen remakes all we will see the same as we did in diamond and pearl maybe different due to the ' distance of each other

1. It's a different Frontier, what did Ash want to get out of the Orange league and the Battle frontier? He did it because it sounded cool to him.

2. Yes it was, stop sounding so arrogant, which you are being.

3. Um, learn to not troll here, it wont go down well, and stupidity? Ever hear of a capital letter at the start of a sentence?

4. Why would they change the way things go? You can't deny the pace is fast here, so humor me, what will they do when it finishes earlier?

1. It's a different Frontier, what did Ash want to get out of the Orange league and the Battle frontier? He did it because it sounded cool to him.

2. Yes it was, stop sounding so arrogant, which you are being.

3. Um, learn to not troll here, it wont go down well, and stupidity? Ever hear of a capital letter at the start of a sentence?

4. Why would they change the way things go? You can't deny the pace is fast here, so humor me, what will they do when it finishes earlier?

Have you ever heard of 2am in the morning'' its hard enough to stay up' let alone keeping your grammar correct so you should excuse me for that'!

playerking

2am? It's past your bed time. Just joking, no need to get angry, it's only 1:00 where i live anyway.

Whatever, I think they should create some filler islands around Isshu to travel anyway, to give it a nice feel, but It'd be nice to see Hoenn and it's sights again regardless, but a filler arc dedicated to it, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.