1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be a Hoenn filler this time around?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by CovertNinja, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im not saying ash wont go to hoenn'' but if he did' it wouldn't be for a battle frontier that idea has come and gone'

2. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

I think they could've done one, but the amount of episodes it was at, they needed to cut the idea, if so we'll never see the other battler frontier people, which is kind of annoying. But maybe they could go to hoenn, for a battle club thing, you know, expand it, i mean, we never heard of contests in Kanto or Johto until Hoenn. But another competition, or just a mission would be nice, but hoenn, might not happen, we'll see.

3. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I'm saying they could go to Hoenn but not for the BF but something different. Maybe anime exclusive.

4. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

Depends on a R/S/E remake. But after the Dawn special, where she is going to Hoenn in the end, the chances are slightly higher.

5. Coke

Coke Member

What we need to bear in mind folks, is that the 3rd game hasn't come yet. When it does, it may bring a new gimmick, (like Emerald did with the battle frontier) which will probably be the thing that Ash does IF he goes to Hoenn.

6. BM14murph

BM14murph Master Collector

Well with the Unova saga ending quite early we could get the remakes before Grey like how we got FRLG before Emerald which means the filler could well be in Hoenn

7. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

That'd be pretty cool. But we did all think that we'd get a Johto filler saga (but all we got was Lyra and Khoury - even though they were amazing!). I would like to see a return to Hoenn though, plus Dawn's there so we could see a cameo from her again.

8. BM14murph

Someone who gave me inside info on the GS remakes said there wouldn't be a return to Johto but a small festival thing so i never expected them to return really

Hopefully towards the autumn of this year we'll get some inside info on things like this again

9. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

But the BW games might bring out another game like d/p did with Platinum. So if they were to have a filler, let's hope it's not in Hoenn. We've seen enough Hoenn Pokemon to last a life time and we all know Ash's Hoenn team. I'm tired of seeing them.

10. kemal07

kemal07 Well-Known Member

Yeh but returning to a previous region didn't really give of anything. I mean sure Ash met Agatha which completed the list of Kanto Elite Trainers. But we saw no signs of Gym Leaders or anything special but just landscape and cities with the Frontier buildings.

11. Silver Totodile

Silver Totodile Well-Known Member

I don't think we will be returning to a past region, but I do think we will have a series between the Unova league and the next region.

Maybe an extension to Unova that appears in the game's 3rd version and an Animé exclusive location.

I'm not too sure really, but I agree that it is likely we will have some sort of a filler series... but minus the filler and more action at the same place they’re doing things now.

12. Blazenuva

Blazenuva Well-Known Member

I hope we go back to Hoenn, but sadly I don't think there is much to do there.

13. starterlover1

starterlover1 Emperor Coordinator

I don't see a Hoenn filler in the cards for Ash. What is he going to do, the Battle Frontier? Iris doesn't do contests and Cilan has no interests there either unless they come up with some anime-exclusive attraction.

They'll likely have the return of May for a few episodes to the Unova region to promote the RS remakes, maybe they'll watch her participate in a contest or something. Other than that, I doubt it. There really aren't too many options for them after Unova this time around.

14. RocketTwurpSLR

RocketTwurpSLR pokemonmaniacSLR

i rekon because we didnt have the sinnoh battle frontier maybe we wuill go back to that

15. what about johto you noob!!

16. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

they are the same thing.

i highly doubt that they are going to go back to the Platinum Battle Frontier. they had their chance and they lost it. same with the Rocket Executives.

17. Aesir

Aesir Breeder

i would like a Hoenn arc again, but they probably won't do it

Maybe they have an episode mini arc in the series where May appears in Unova to find a rare Pokemon to impress the judges in contests back home or something (like how she came to Sinnoh to evolve her Eevee)

also there may be some special episodes where Dawn is in Hoenn on her journey as well (maybe meeting Max as well?)

but I doubt they'll send Ash back to Hoenn

18. kemal07

kemal07 Well-Known Member

Unless, They make another Battle Frontier with the return of Argenta, Thorton, Palmer, Darach, and Dahlia with maybe 4 new facilities. But yeah that's expecting way too much. You may be right even though the Executives still might have a slight chance.

As for the filler. I hope it isn't completely based around the battle club. It will be very boring in my eyes. Hope they add something different.

19. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

The question asks "Will there be a Hoen filler"? The answer is, we don't know.

But my answer is, I hope not.

20. BM14murph

It's actually hard to imagine a Hoenn filler or remake for the games given how this is a near complete reboot of the series with it probably taking place at the same time as Kanto and Hoenn

What i would like to see however is a Hoenn sequel as we know what's happened 3 years later in the other regions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.