• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will there be a Hoenn filler this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
with unova supposedly so far away from the other regions it seems odd for ash to backtrack to hoenn, which sticks cause it is my fav region. that said i feel like we have heard mention of the "champion league" alot lately so im wondering if that will happen next

TicoPokemonMaster

I could imagine something similar to what happened in Sinnoh, with the Johto Fesitval. Unova could have a Hoenn Festival were either May would come back. Or better yet, Max and Norman could come and show that Max became a trainer.

Aesir

Breeder
with unova supposedly so far away from the other regions it seems odd for ash to backtrack to hoenn, which sticks cause it is my fav region. that said i feel like we have heard mention of the "champion league" alot lately so im wondering if that will happen next

Then again, he would most likely return to Kanto after his journey in Unova anyway, so him heading to Hoenn afterwards isn't that much of a stretch

what would be wrong with a hoean frontier? if you guys say that it'd be just a repeat...well what about gyms are they a repeat to? come on, it'll be cool to showcase the awesome pokemon in hoean but do it differently this time so they'll have the frontier in some of the familier locations

this will give ash's unova pokemon more chance to evolve and shine, as well as his hoean and other pokmeon
Infernape Sceptile tag team anyone? be epic as hell

TicoPokemonMaster

what would be wrong with a hoean frontier?

The problem there is that the Hoenn Battle Froniter took place in Kanto. So there is no reason to travel back to Hoenn. Unless the remakes, if there are any, makes something new( even that is saying to much). Maybe the Sinnoh Frontier brains can be showcased. Catilin of the Unova Elite Four was part of the Sinnoh Froniter brains, so she might tell Ash about the New battle froniter.

Aesir

Breeder
maybe there'll be a new Battle Frontier for the 3rd Unova game (like they did for Emerald in Gen III) and that will be used for Hoenn?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I'm pretty sure if they were going to do a filler season, it would be in Johto. Remakes of the Johto games have already been made, while there's no announcement of any Hoenn game remakes coming any time soon.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I'm pretty sure if they were going to do a filler season, it would be in Johto. Remakes of the Johto games have already been made, while there's no announcement of any Hoenn game remakes coming any time soon.

The fact that they deliberately ignored going to Johto despite the release of HGSS says it all. The writers know ahead of time what is going on - how else did they know to pace Hoenn so well?

If anything, Hoenn will have round 2 of the spotlight very soon once RS remakes are released, which I am perfectly fine with as it is my favorite region.

In any case, I'm wondering what they would do for a filler season - the Platinum battle frontier only has 5 brains, one of which Ash has already battled and the other of which is a Unova Elite (which means the writers would never allow her to lose). An entire filler region for 3 brains? Unlikely.

Aesir

Breeder
In any case, I'm wondering what they would do for a filler season - the Platinum battle frontier only has 5 brains, one of which Ash has already battled and the other of which is a Unova Elite (which means the writers would never allow her to lose). An entire filler region for 3 brains? Unlikely.

You actually battle Derach in the Battle Castle, so they could just say that he's the Frontier Brain, and thye could just create an anime exclusive character for the Battle Tower's Frontier Brain instead of Palmer (since he's in the Sinnoh Battle Frontier anyway)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Since Unova is fast paced, they might just make another series with the same characters at the end like did with the Orange Islands. That sounds better than going back to the Hoenn region itself.

As long as there is a good balance of ash's pokemon and i know it sounds like a broken record but totodile, really needs a massive spot light cast on it for a long time

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Since Unova is fast paced, they might just make another series with the same characters at the end like did with the Orange Islands. That sounds better than going back to the Hoenn region itself.

Orange Islands? For real? Aww come on, we all know that is not going to happen anymore.. A region that didn't promote anything? It's unthinkable these days..

RickHoenn

Banned
I'd like to see an only anime region to be the filler arc but it's very unlikely. I guess they will head to the east part of the Unova region.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Orange Islands? For real? Aww come on, we all know that is not going to happen anymore.. A region that didn't promote anything? It's unthinkable these days..

The orange Islands was almost like a filler because mostly all the epsiodes were fillers. But the fact that Charizard got some development and his other Pokemon can mean the same for his future ones. I'm not saying that it has to be exactly like OS but something like it where Ash can get something done. No need to go back to Hoenn.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The orange Islands was almost like a filler because mostly all the epsiodes were fillers. But the fact that Charizard got some development and his other Pokemon can mean the same for his future ones. I'm not saying that it has to be exactly like OS but something like it where Ash can get something done. No need to go back to Hoenn.

I agree, but let it be something on the map, otherwise it would just be unrealistic for the writers to make the decision to go there..

The writers would easier decide that they'd go to Hoenn instead of some animé only place if they could only make a few more bucks out of it. That's the truth, and that's why the concept of an 'animé only'-region is not going to happen again.

Hence why the first Battle Frontier was in Kanto.

Something akin to the Orange Islands I could at least acknowledge to.. Extra development for pokemon that need it is good, but I don't want them to be some sort of afterthought either. Say that Krokorok evolved prior to the league into Krookodile, but basically became Charizard2.0.. Then Ash would probably fix this problem in the Orange islands2.0.. But where would Ash use his newly fixed Krookodile where it wouldn't seem like much of an afterthought? We all know that Drake's battle is overlooked by many (many saying that Tauros got a poor showcase, although it beat two strong pokemon), so what hyped up battle could Krookodile be showcased in before being ditched in favour of the newkids from Gen6?

I'd rather have Unova become around Sinnoh's length in order to have each story fixed and ended and then head to the league for awesome battles without having to deal with afterthoughts..

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
I really hope so as it is about time they had a hoenn remake and a hoenn filler. They did it with kanto but not with johto as thing were rushed.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The writers would easier decide that they'd go to Hoenn instead of some animé only place if they could only make a few more bucks out of it. That's the truth, and that's why the concept of an 'animé only'-region is not going to happen again.

Hence why the first Battle Frontier was in Kanto.
The Battle Frontier being in Kanto was easy for them to work with. Ash lives in Kanto. With Hoenn it would be trickier to give him a reason to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.