• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will there be a new anime mini series ala Origins and Generations before the Sword/Shield arc?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly, the male PCs can do an MST3k of the main anime and I'd still watch it just to see them all voiced and with some semblance of characterization.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
What exactly is a MST3k?

Mystery Science Theater 3000. It's a show where people are forced to watch bad movies, and I think the point here is that the other male playable characters would be forced to watch the main anime as a kind of spoof.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'd honestly rather get another short series like Origins than a second Generations series. I liked how Origins was structured since it cut down on the filler material and gave us the biggest moments of the R/G/B storyline. I didn't like that Mega Evolution was used in that series since it didn't make sense in the Kanto setting at the time, but I could ignore that because the pros outweighed the cons. I'd like a spin-off of Origins that follows Hibiki's storyline from G/S/C.
Save One: Gold - covers Gold getting his pokémon and meeting Oak, ends with Falkner Gym Battle
Save Two: Silver - covers meeting Silver, Lake of Rage and Mahogany Town
Save Three: Archer - covers the Radio Tower siege
Save Four: Red - covers Elite Four and Mt. Silver

If they have to push the S&S games/anime back to fix the lack of pokémon, you could probably double it to eight or even more episodes and cover the changes to the Kanto region, like the Lavender Radio Tower, where we can reintroduce the girl from the first series, or Green at Cinnabar Island

Could also squeeze in Eusine's Suicune Stalker Quest, build on the Legendary Gerbils, Ho-Oh, and Lugia, Kimono Girls...

There's a LOT of material from Johto to cover

Honestly, the male PCs can do an MST3k of the main anime and I'd still watch it just to see them all voiced and with some semblance of characterization.

So a mini series or spin off about characters making snarky remarks about Ash and his adventures? Sounds pretty funny.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I also don't think that a series or special that's meant to spoof or mock Satoshi's adventures would really suffice. I mean for starters, that doesn't seem like the kind of series that we'd get to begin with since I doubt that a series that makes fun of the main anime is something that the anime staff would appreciate since it would basically poke fun at their writing decisions. It might work if it was a series that highlights the best moments of the anime however, kind of like a recap special. We've had several in the past that aired only in Japan, but none of them were really that memorable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:
We could get something based on that masters game

Given the current hype around that game, I do think we could see something more akin to that in the future. I didn't think that the short that premiered today was that great since it was essentially a watered-down version of Generations that promotes Pokemon Masters, but that would suffice I suppose.

Kintaro

Banned
Any more shorts would probably just be another 3-5 minutes in length. Don’t expect a full episode, too expensive

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
After that glorious promo short for Pokemon Masters, I want more. Much more...

Considering how mediocre the Masters short was, I'm really hoping that we might still get some kind of mini series of other shorts that at least cover more material.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:
That would be disappointing but at least they haven't excluded Hilda/Rosa this time it seems

I'm glad that Mei wasn't excluded since prior to the new trailer she had only appeared once in the Black 2 and White 2 animated trailer, which was ages ago. I still hope that she'll appear in the main anime in either a main series episode or a special, though.