• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will there be a new 'Super Mario' television show

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
There has been Super Mario shows in the past and since Mario is very popular now it is highly likely there would be a new TV show of him and his adventures. Do you agree with this give me your thoughts.

arronishere

Random Trainer
Probably not, Mario has never translated well from game to tv and Nintendo will want tighter control of the character in how he's portrayed mainly not having him speak which would be a nightmare for anyone to develope a show like that. The only way I could see it is if Nintendo themselves make the show themselves possibly in 3D as a 3DS exclusive.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Who knows the show could actually be good. It is the 21st century with the technology and knowledge cartoon writers have now they can pull of a great show. Like the Kid Icarus: Uprising short.

Kokatsu

I would rather have a Zelda skyward Sword based anime

arronishere

Random Trainer
The old Zelda cartoon show was much, much worse than all of the Super Mario show.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
No. Outside of the odd grunt, moan or other assorted noise, Link should never make a sound, and I don't see a silent anime working too much.
Official comics have been made and they aren't half bad.

Let's see...the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, well first of all you got the wrong section but I don't blame you since the source material is Japanese. The show was cute but it was your typical kids' show full of dumb jokes and was clearly a marketing scheme. You like it? I have nothing against you unless you shove your opinion down other people's throats.

Now if you do want something that relates to Mario and is Japanese, there's a gag comic titled "Super Mario-kun" that goes over all the games the plumber has been in but it's so quick that it's impossible to catch a joke since your already trying to catch a breath with the pace. There is a group of 3 OVAs each retelling a fairy tail (sorry, force of habit here) tale. The fairy tales are Issun-boshi (The One-Inch Boy), Momotaro, and Snow White. None are anything special but they're cute and worth checking out if you're curious. Last but not least there is Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! (the Great Mission to Save Princess Peach!) a full length movie that was released a year after the original Super Mario Bros. hit Japanese shelves due to its phenomenal success. The movie itself is nothing special either but again, it's worth checking out. It tells the tale of the brothers stumbling upon the Mushroom Kingdom and their adventure doing what they're known for. A few things to note are Luigi's colouring; there was no official artwork for him bar for the Mario Bros. arcade game so they went with that colour scheme. The other thing to note is the Toads, such creepy designs, they don't look cute at all. Finally (and this is the kicker) is Bowser's voice which is provided by a woman. Again, it's okay but if you're curious, go check it out.

As for a Nintendo franchise to get an animated series? I think we're going to have to stick with what Kirby and F-Zero gave us and what Pokemon is currently giving, I don't see any other franchise (bar possibly Star Fox) being good material to adapt. What we got now is that the F-Zero and Kirby adaptions did their job by entertaining the kids and promoting the games. The Pokemon cartoon is clearly doing an even better job at that as it's still going strong and be lucky that there are comics to fill in the void that is the need expand to the broader audience. That's all I got to say and woo...that was a lot. If you're curious, I hope you check out the OVAs, comic, and movie (none of which are available in English so you're going to have to be a pirate and use the inter-webs to look the stuff up).

Last but not least, if a mod comes by, lock this thread up.

On topic of Nintendo cartoon adaptions, there was a Fire Emblem OVA (it's pretty old and isn't good) and the Kid Icarus: Uprising OVAs were hysterical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.