1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Will these warnings prevent me from getting a shiny?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by kaporeatv, Feb 24, 2013.

1. kaporeatv

kaporeatv New Member

My Sapphire version says "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. Clock based events will no longer occur." My Ruby version says "The save file will be loaded. The game can be played." I'm wondering if it will stop me from getting a shiny, because I've been hunting a while, and I'm not sure if it's bad luck or something else.

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Yeah, you still can. That's like saying you will stop running into wild Pokémon or be unable to run into the same Pokémon with different natures, or of different genders once the internal battery has run dry. It just affects time-based events like growing berries, getting a lottery ticket, and seeing Mirage Island (I think). And as far as I know, it doesn't affect the odds of finding a shiny.

3. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master my boy is best boy

I heard Emerald's RNG is different somehow, than R/S/ Would it affect in those cases?

4. tcg

tcg 私は日本語が話せない

It shouldn't

5. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known Member

Be patient. Its very rare to find a shiny. Try hard and you'll succeed