• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will these warnings prevent me from getting a shiny?

kaporeatv

My Sapphire version says "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. Clock based events will no longer occur." My Ruby version says "The save file will be loaded. The game can be played." I'm wondering if it will stop me from getting a shiny, because I've been hunting a while, and I'm not sure if it's bad luck or something else.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, you still can. That's like saying you will stop running into wild Pokémon or be unable to run into the same Pokémon with different natures, or of different genders once the internal battery has run dry. It just affects time-based events like growing berries, getting a lottery ticket, and seeing Mirage Island (I think). And as far as I know, it doesn't affect the odds of finding a shiny.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I heard Emerald's RNG is different somehow, than R/S/ Would it affect in those cases?

tcg

私は日本語が話せない
It shouldn't