• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will they bring back Ash's old pokemon?

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I don't think we will even see pidgeot. It's too late to touch upon that and what would ash do with it? He would oak it! so it's much better off with the pidgey's and pidgeottos.

Now that I think about it, your right. I just say if one of them was seen again, it would probably be Pidgeot instead of Butterfree.

J-boogie200

It would be a good move for the writers to bring back his Johto Pokemon at the Sinnoh League, excluding Heracross and Donphan, for promotional purposes. However, it would be a very bad move for Ash since his Johto Pokemon haven't battled in ages.

zeno48

Zaker!
Now that I think about it, your right. I just say if one of them was seen again, it would probably be Pidgeot instead of Butterfree.

Yeah i agree and i think some of the pidgeotto's evolved already so it might have left the heard.

BM14murph

Master Collector
If we get an E4 arc whic h probably will i'd say he'll al of his old pokemon bar

haunter,larvitar,raticate,seaking and Ambipom

CliveKoopa

I don't think Ash's old Pokemon will ever come back unfortunately. Maybe a few of them will like the ones he left at Oak's lab but I doubt they will ever make a regular appearance again.

Ambassador Art

I don't think Ash's old Pokemon will ever come back unfortunately. Maybe a few of them will like the ones he left at Oak's lab but I doubt they will ever make a regular appearance again.
Sadly, I think you may be right. ;-; I wish his Charizard would make more appearances, though I wonder if it's still as picky as it once was.

J Boogie has a good point; his older Pokemon haven't been with ash to battle. His Charizard was different since it was trained in Charific Valley I think it was called.

My guess is that they will never ever ever ever ever come back. Besides, have you noticed that Ash collects each starter Pokemon for no reason.

zeno48

Zaker!
My guess is that they will never ever ever ever ever come back. Besides, have you noticed that Ash collects each starter Pokemon for no reason.

I think the writers give him starters to advertise them like in the games where you get to choose your own pokemon. That's how it is in the anime.

zeno48

Zaker!
Well not every stater. But every starter has been in the group of Pokemon Ash, Brock, and the girl has all together.

Brock doesn't have a starter this time around. Marshtomp suffered horribly from Brock syndrome so the writers were not going to repeat the same mistake again.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Brock doesn't have a starter this time around. Marshtomp suffered horribly from Brock syndrome so the writers were not going to repeat the same mistake again.

Yeah I know Brock doesnt have a starter this time, I just meant that all the Pokemon they have together contain the starters. And yeah Marshtomp did suffer with Brock.

zeno48

Zaker!
Yeah I know Brock doesnt have a starter this time, I just meant that all the Pokemon they have together contain the starters. And yeah Marshtomp did suffer with Brock.

Yeah i'm just pointing out that the writers did the right thing and not even bother with Brock anymore.

Supa!!!!!

The only thing thats same about Brock today is that he still likes any girl he sees.

Vipsoccermaster

I don't think Ash's old Pokemon would be in action these seasons except maybe Charizard. Besides, Ash wants to try out new Pokemon, not use the old Pokemon.

Albo58

Gone...
I hope they bring them back for a reunion i just loved cyndaquil. :)

King_Zora

I will have to say no, That mainly means they won't appear again...If they are with Prof. Oak they will return though.

Nah he rarly ever brings back his pokemon but Charizard ;/

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
they should make a sereis where ash goes beserk and get his Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, gliscor, of course pikachu, and then get tododile out to train. He would be unstoppable

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't think that Ash's Pokemon will be brought back permanently, or for an entire season/saga. However, I do think and hope that they continue what they did in the Kanto BF, which is occasionally bringing some of Ash's old Pokemon for important battles, then returning them later.