• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will They Keep Lysdare's Goal?

Will They Keep Lysdare's goal?

• Yes They will Keep it

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • No, Its violent for the targeted audience

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampionRed

Will they keep Lysandre goal to use the Ultimate Weapon to kill everyone except Team Flare? Or will the writers change it possibly making it less interesting or downright bad?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Cyrus in the end wanted pretty much the same and yet it was portraited in the anime so I don't see why they can't do the same this time. I mean we are talking about a massive genocide and even the games take it as light as possible.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I wouldn't see any real reason to. They've portrayed much darker/eviler themes in the anime before [cough hunter jay's shenanigans cough]. Hell, maybe they'll take time to really flesh out his character and make him even more badass and give him some form of backstory. sorry my Lysandre fangirl started showing through

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
They haven't been shying away from death or references to death in XY so I don't see why they'd change it

Red and Blue

They will most likely keep it. though I doubt he will flat out say that his goal is worldwide genocide.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They may keep it. I didn't really like the plot that much, but I'd rather take that over another anime Team Plasma tbh.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I doubt it. The anime's way too happy-go-lucky to deal with a WMD and genocide imo.

LizardonX

Banned
The games now appeal to all ages.

The anime appeals only to 5 year olds. Because only they could look past all of its flaws and be emotionally impacted by the stuff they deem too mature.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
No, the anime is consistently watered down. I was surprised his goal made it into the games, which makes me doubt even more that it will make it into the show.

nameman

I voted for maybe. They kept Team Galactic's plot which was also pretty much a genocide in the Diamond & Pearl Series.

It was an indirectly stated genocide. That's why they could keep the goal: they thought the kids wouldn't notice the implications. This one is more direct than TG's.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
They just have to avoid the words "genocide" "kill us all" "everyone's gonna die" etc and it'll be just like Diamond & Pearl and Team Galactic's arc.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Maybe. All they have to is handle it like Cyrus' goal and they're pretty close. Heck, Cyrus' intentions were actually a lot worse! And let's not forget how Hunter J rouged up and tried to kill people! Not to mention how things get real when Giovanni actually get to step up to bat! ;-)

Oh, I realize Lysandre and TF will probably be watered down (that's putting it mildly), but you never know. Guess we'll find out eventually...

xEryChan

Demon Child
I don't see why they wouldn't. They pretty much kept Cyrus' goal the same throughout DP and his goal was close to Lysandre's so why would they change his? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

So yeah, that's how I see it.

ChampionRed

I don't see why they wouldn't. They pretty much kept Cyrus' goal the same throughout DP and his goal was close to Lysandre's so why would they change his? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

So yeah, that's how I see it.

Different Writers will take different approaches to it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yes they will. Whenever they have complex villains, they de-complex them. Whenever they have uncomplex or underdeveloped villains(Team Rocket), they expand

Status
Not open for further replies.