• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will this ever Happen.

treespyro

Vintage much?
It could happen but it will take a Long Time.

So it can be a chance but who knows what the Creators and Nintendo are thinking with new creations

Duney

HOW INSIGHTFUL. Contribute to the discussion rather than making post count +1 garbage.

Like this contributed anything either. Mods on this site are so anal.

On topic though, it seems like everyone who likes pokemon would like a Wii rpg pokemon game. And Nintendo, being a company that makes hardware and software to support their hardware in an effort to make a profit, has probably already thought of doing such a thing. When and how, who knows.

But then again, if BCVM says otherwise, we better all just forget it because he's never wrong about anything (end sarcasm).

Last edited:

BCVM22

But then again, if BCVM says otherwise, we better all just forget it because he's never wrong about anything (end sarcasm).

How unfortunate that someone presents a logical argument and your best response is to whine. Oh well. I'm certain everyone who else read what I had to say and felt like responding was able to do so in relatively mature fashion.

Bobtron

ERR:SYNTAX
Although I think it would be pretty cool, I don't think it's going to hapen because as it's been already iterated in previous posts, Pokémon is a handheld-based franchise, with a few spin-offs on console. Game Freak really has no need to make a full-fledged game for the Wii because they have a big niche in Nintendo's handhelds, and have had this niche ever since Red and Green. Why change a game plan that's work so good in the past?

Duney

How unfortunate that someone presents a logical argument and your best response is to whine. Oh well. I'm certain everyone who else read what I had to say and felt like responding was able to do so in relatively mature fashion.

whine
verb, whined, whin⋅ing, noun
–verb (used without object) 1. to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
–verb (used with object) 3. to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.
–noun 4. a whining utterance, sound, or tone.
5. a feeble, peevish complaint.

Nothing I wrote matches any of these definitions. Also lol that you should imply that anyone else is immature! All you do is argue with people and belittle others. If anything you might be the most immature person on all of these forums.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Also lol that you should imply that anyone else is immature! All you do is argue with people and belittle others. If anything you might be the most immature person on all of these forums.

picard-facepalm.jpeg

Okay. Whatever you say. Again, I point out you're the only one here with any problems with what I say and again I point out that everyone else in this thread, whether they were responding to me or not, has had no issue conveying their thoughts on the matter without complaining that someone else is "being too mean" or "belittling others" or whatever it is you claim I do.

Duney

Okay. Whatever you say. Again, I point out you're the only one here with any problems with what I say and again I point out that everyone else in this thread, whether they were responding to me or not, has had no issue conveying their thoughts on the matter without complaining that someone else is "being too mean" or "belittling others" or whatever it is you claim I do.

Nice try guy. Actually, if you go back to my first comment in this thread, you'll see that all I did was suggest that you try to force your opinions as fact upon everyone else. You then started the name calling in your response to me. You really need to just take a chill-pill and calm down. Really, it's okay to take it easy. Besides we're simply talking about pokemon for crying out loud.

Now I'm done with this silly back and forth with you. Go ahead and have the last word, I'm sure you will anyway! Lol...

abgar

Fufufufu
TLoZ: LA, the zelda for the GB, just in case anyone forgot about this, its considered Zelda 4~
(oracles, four swords, minish cap and phantom hourglass are all imitations of this one too)

anyways, i think its really possible to make a 3D pokemon but its better to keep things handheld.

Last edited:

BCVM22

TLoZ: LA, the zelda for the GB, just in case anyone forgot about this, its considered Zelda 4

It was the 4th Zelda title released, certainly. Between the general ambiguity of the Zelda timeline(s?) and the fact that it takes place outside Hyrule, you'd be hard pressed to actually call it the 4th game in Zelda continuity.

abgar

Fufufufu
It was the 4th Zelda title released, certainly. Between the general ambiguity of the Zelda timeline(s?) and the fact that it takes place outside Hyrule, you'd be hard pressed to actually call it the 4th game in Zelda continuity.

oh but it is in the timeline (or so i heard), and link was never outside of hyrule(probably), he was just dreaming about some other place, and nintendo treats it like a real game (makes strong references to it in other games like phantom hourglass[the whole history is a ditto] and smash bros brawl[a few songs come from this game]), unlike with oracles, phantom hourglass and minish cap~

why isnt this thread locked anyways?

BCVM22

oh but it is in the timeline (or so i heard), and link was never outside of hyrule(probably), he was just dreaming about some other place

Even if you do subscribe to the theory that the entire game was a dream, it still clearly takes place way beyond the land of Hyrule, hence Link waking up at the end, clinging to a piece of wood from his destroyed raft.

nintendo treats it like a real game (makes strong references to it in other games like phantom hourglass[the whole history is a ditto] and smash bros brawl[a few songs come from this game]), unlike with oracles, phantom hourglass and minish cap?

So you're saying that Nintendo refers back to one of their own titles where applicable. And the point you're attempting to put forth is...?

I never said it wasn't a real game. It's simply a side game to the franchise. It's a handheld game in a console franchise, there's no Hyrule, no Ganon beyond a brief cameo, no Princess Zelda, no Triforce (mention or otherwise). What more needs to be said?

BCVM22

that thats just your opinion

Perhaps. Except...

Even if you do subscribe to the theory that the entire game was a dream, it still clearly takes place way beyond the land of Hyrule, hence Link waking up at the end, clinging to a piece of wood from his destroyed raft.

Verifiable fact. Link begins the adventure on a raft out in the ocean somewhere (that's from the game's instruction booklet, I believe) and ends his adventure in the same place, clinging to a piece of the same raft.

there's no Hyrule, no Ganon beyond a brief cameo, no Princess Zelda, no Triforce (mention or otherwise).

Also verifiable fact. The game takes place outside of Hyrule on Koholint Island and therefore is bereft of nearly every story and character convention that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game. Remove Link from the game and for the most part, you'd have a much harder time identifying it as a Zelda title.

We could debate over the semantics, but I actually presented very little in the way of pure opinion. If you really want to make the case that Link's Awakening is somehow not a side game despite possessing none of the essential characters and story elements that make the crucial Zelda games what they are, go ahead. What is, is.

Last edited:

abgar

Fufufufu
Perhaps. Except...

Verifiable fact. Link begins the adventure on a raft out in the ocean somewhere and ends his adventure in the same place, clinging to a piece of the same raft.

Also verifiable fact. The game takes place outside of Hyrule on Koholint Island and therefore is bereft of nearly every story and character convention that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game. Remove Link from the game and for the most part, you'd have a much harder time identifying it as a Zelda title.

picard-facepalm.jpeg

you know what i meant by "only your opinon"

i wont answer in new posts.
just because it has no these things that some other games from the series over use does not means that its not a part of the historyline(s?), anyhow, lets stop this, ok?

Last edited:

BCVM22

you know what i meant by "only your opinon"

Fine. Let's take the opinion out of it, then. I laid out the facts of the game's setting and the events depicted therein above - from those established facts, what is it that convinces you that the game plays an essential role to the chronology (or chronologies, whatever) and history of the Zelda franchise?

grounder

*sneezes*
Hmm... Just commenting on what I've seen on the recent posts... I honestly don't think PH is part of the actual LOZ universe. After all, an "evil king" (the equivalent of Ganon in PH's prelude) does not a Ganon make.

BCVM22 said:
Link begins the adventure on a raft out in the ocean somewhere (that's from the game's instruction booklet, I believe) and ends his adventure in the same place, clinging to a piece of the same raft.
Link doesn't start off and end on a piece of his destroyed raft in the actual game of Phantom Hourglass. He's in Tetra's (Princess Zelda) pirate gang, and they travel around on a very real and very put-together pirate ship, both before the game starts and after the game ends. I'm glad I own the game.

oske

I imagine Nintendo being butt heads and releasing a pokemon box sort of game that you can only get at Nintendo world -_-

BCVM22

I imagine Nintendo being butt heads and releasing a pokemon box sort of game that you can only get at Nintendo world -_-

No, resoundingly.

There's a reason they've never done that before - it would be a huge waste of money. If they're going to allow for the development of a title and the necessary budgeting and funding that requires, it would make no sense whatsoever to then only press a limited run of copies and only sell them at one location. They'd lose money on the project and it would be a net loss.

You might be able to imagine it (I'm not sure why), but you'll never see it.