• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Trip Have any Real Significance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

I really want Ash to own Trip soon in a battle, all I can see with Trip is him kick Ash's a** all the way through the series until the league where a 6V6 battle is held out and Ash finally wins, just like Paul - ugh.....

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Maybe they'll do something that will really piss off the fanbase like have Ash beat Trip early in the saga only to have Trip destroy Ash at the league. It would suck majorly but people would be talking about that for the rest of the series. I mean it's already bad enough Ash's Pikachu lost to a Snivy who has never battled before with a rookie trainer.

Haunter ゴースト

Maybe they'll do something that will really piss off the fanbase like have Ash beat Trip early in the saga only to have Trip destroy Ash at the league. It would suck majorly but people would be talking about that for the rest of the series. I mean it's already bad enough Ash's Pikachu lost to a Snivy who has never battled before with a rookie trainer.

Pretty good point about the writers surprise us like that, thing is it actually wouldn't surprise me.

Too right about Pikachu losing, annoys me so much it's unreal.

Graham Aker

I really want Ash to own Trip soon in a battle, all I can see with Trip is him kick Ash's a** all the way through the series until the league where a 6V6 battle is held out and Ash finally wins, just like Paul - ugh.....

Don't you see? It's how all main rivalries are handled in this show. Ash didn't beat Gary until the Johto League, then got beaten by Electivire later, because he had gotten overconfident or some crap. May didn't beat Drew until the Kanto GF, then lost to him horribly a fw episodes later. Dawn never actually beat Zoey, and we will probably never see her do it. Same with Paul, and Ash. Though really the 6v6 battle stands out among the three times Paul won, since the other two were simple 1v1's. But Ash got butchered in the 6v6.

Writers have such creativity with the show, y know?

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pretty good point about the writers surprise us like that, thing is it actually wouldn't surprise me.

Too right about Pikachu losing, annoys me so much it's unreal.

If we get a filler saga and they want to extend the rivalry they just might do that. It would suck if they did though. No matter how you explain it Pikachu's loss to Trip is unacceptable and it lost to him twice.

TheEpicGoomba

I sorta like Trip but i think is attitude is a bit Paulish. His pokemon are also way too devolped at this point cmon he had a Lampent at the 3rd gym. He proberly will just be a random rival unless the writers do something unexpected.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well seeing as the anime revealed that there was an entire houseful of Litwicks a few days away, Trip catching one and evolving it doesn't seem so strange considering the amount of training Trip seems to do.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I sorta like Trip but i think is attitude is a bit Paulish. His pokemon are also way too devolped at this point cmon he had a Lampent at the 3rd gym. He proberly will just be a random rival unless the writers do something unexpected.

It's not Trip's fault that that his Pokemon is more evolved then Ash's. Ash's Pokemon should have evolved at around the same time. But that's the difference between someone who is alone verses someone who travels with more than one person with Team Rocket constantly on your back stopping for everything.

Haunter ゴースト

Don't you see? It's how all main rivalries are handled in this show. Ash didn't beat Gary until the Johto League, then got beaten by Electivire later, because he had gotten overconfident or some crap. May didn't beat Drew until the Kanto GF, then lost to him horribly a fw episodes later. Dawn never actually beat Zoey, and we will probably never see her do it. Same with Paul, and Ash. Though really the 6v6 battle stands out among the three times Paul won, since the other two were simple 1v1's. But Ash got butchered in the 6v6.

Writers have such creativity with the show, y know?

Yeah, with Gary though, he never beat Ash in battles constantly throughout the region, it was mainly (I think), the 6v6 battle at the Johto League.

Ash didn't just prove he was stonger, he also proved that he had finally surpassed Gary after all the time he was tormenting Ash saying how far ahead he was.

Paul was a new way of showing rivalry for a new series so I guess I don't mind letting this one go, but still it was loss after loss until Ash finally won.

Im pretty sure they're repeating this with Trip.

It's not just this that annoys me, it's the fact that Trip is a brand new rookie trainer, with low leveled Pokemon and still conquers Ash.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I would think it's harder for him to catch a Frilish considering those things live thousands of feet underwater.

Meh in the game they are caught surfing so they probably like to wander around the surface, they are gosht types also so they probably don't mind if they are on sea or land.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
What's so bad about Trip beating Ash?

Because people actually want to see a real rivalry where both sides are even in ability, rather then a boring one-sided one where Trip wins against Ash everytime until the very very end.

It's not Trip's fault that that his Pokemon is more evolved then Ash's. Ash's Pokemon should have evolved at around the same time. But that's the difference between someone who is alone verses someone who travels with more than one person with Team Rocket constantly on your back stopping for everything.

It's not Trip's fault that that his Pokemon is more evolved then Ash's. Ash's Pokemon should have evolved at around the same time. But that's the difference between someone who is playing the one-sided rivalry of the arc verses someone who is stuck with whatever the writers want to advertise.

Fixed that line for you.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
No matter how you explain it Pikachu's loss to Trip is unacceptable and it lost to him twice.
Hardly.

Pikachu had just gotten attacked by Zekrom, if the anime used game features it's HP would have been in the red. And it lost its Electric attacks, to boot.
Ash and Pikachu were both terrified when Thunder (or Thunderbolt? eh) refused to work, and Pikachu got exhausted running only a few feet while trying to use Volt Tackle.

The loss was understandable.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
Ash will soon win, near the end of the region, All of Ash's pokemon will be strong enough and the power of friendship will make him win or summat like that.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Hardly.

Pikachu had just gotten attacked by Zekrom, if the anime used game features it's HP would have been in the red. And it lost its Electric attacks, to boot.
Ash and Pikachu were both terrified when Thunder (or Thunderbolt? eh) refused to work, and Pikachu got exhausted running only a few feet while trying to use Volt Tackle.

The loss was understandable.

Why didn't it just use Iron Tail or something? Electric attacks aren't very effective against Grass Pokemon to begin with. Iron Tail has nothing to do with electricity. If this has already been explained please tell me as I haven't been keeping up with all the details. Pikachu also lost to Trip's Pokemon again in their next fight. It did better but still. This is basically why the Ash vs Trip rivalry feels far to forced for me. They expect you to believe a powerful Pokemon Trainer can't beat a really skilled rookie? Ash has been through 4 regions, A Battle Frontier, and won a championship on the Orange Islands. He shouldn't have to prove himself to a kid who just got a Snivy. If anything Trip should be trying to prove himself to Ash.

I'm not trying to bite your head off or even argue with you. I'm glad your more forgiving of this matter then bitter ole Platinum fan.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
He shouldn't have to prove himself to a kid who just got a Snivy. If anything Trip should be trying to prove himself to Ash.

Well the main problem is that Trip thinks little of Ash due to him being from a town he has little respect for, calling it a "boonie town". Ash is trying to prove that his town is more then just some hickville. It's natural for someone like Ash to defend their hometown's name.

The problem with it though is the writers are going completely wrong with it. Ash keeps losing to Trip, rather badly, making him seems like he's in the right and Pallet is just a loser boonie town. The 5-2 curb stomp defeat just hammered it further.

It's painfully obvious that this is going to be yet another boring one-sided rivalry all the way until the very end, where Ash will beat Trip in the league through some DEM moment, only to use lose to Mr. I-Only-Exist-To-Beat-Ash-In-The-League immediately afterward.

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
they will battle eventually

pikachu2k10

lets just face tht this kid doesnt fit in i mean wu does he thnk he is beating ashs pokemon so quickly no one likes the one they call trip

shady56

Blazing With Heart
i love rival battles :3
they all played a part in each series i guess the question is now what part trip plays

Status
Not open for further replies.