• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will Trip Have any Real Significance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasystar69

I will make a judgment after the next time they battle. If trip destroys ash again I will think he will just be like paul and get beat at the league

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Why didn't it just use Iron Tail or something?
When you're scared, you don't tend to think straight. Ash and Pikachu were freaking out that Electric attacks weren't working, you expected him to suddenly come to his senses?
...Actually, I think they did try Iron Tail? Don't remember if it was before or after Volt Tackle refused to work, but still. And if I remember right, Snivy was just faster and got out a Leaf Tornado. Pikachu fainted to that because it was still hurt from Zekrom.

As for the next fight, who says Pikachu was back to full strength? I doubt it'd be able to bounce back from a Legendary tearing out its power so quickly, even if it did get the electricity back later.
And we know Trip storms through the region, having two Badges when Ash only had one, maybe he storms through the grinding as well?

Last edited:

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
When you're scared, you don't tend to think straight. Ash and Pikachu were freaking out that Electric attacks weren't working, you expected him to suddenly come to his senses?
...Actually, I think they did try Iron Tail? Don't remember if it was before or after Volt Tackle refused to work, but still. And if I remember right, Snivy was just faster and got out a Leaf Tornado. Pikachu fainted to that because it was still hurt from Zekrom.

Yes they did use Iron Tail. Just to add to Ash and Pikachu's defence, they're hardly going to be able to battle well if they're limited to two physical moves. I mean, how predictable would that be? "Snivy, he's going to move in close again with a weak attack, get ready!"

I'll give Trip some significance.

he's rolie polie shooti
he's small and smart and round
and in a land of blah blah blah
he's the swellest noob around

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I like the way he battles and it's clear he has a lot of natural potential and skill at training his Pokemon. He's probably a better trainer than both Ash and Gary were when they first started as trainers. His personality isn't anything special, but as a rival he can have some exciting battles with Ash if Ash steps his game up to late Sinnoh levels again.

What makes you think Trip doesn't have significance? You can't seem to stop talking about him. :p

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I like the way he battles and it's clear he has a lot of natural potential and skill at training his Pokemon. He's probably a better trainer than both Ash and Gary were when they first started as trainers. His personality isn't anything special, but as a rival he can have some exciting battles with Ash if Ash steps his game up to late Sinnoh levels again.

The thing is, though, we need some serious background on him because he seems way too strong to be a newbie.

The thing is, though, we need some serious background on him because he seems way too strong to be a newbie.

The foe's Pikachu fainted!

Snivy gained 4687456934759343457834895689235784659460998283875569127649584 Exp points!

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
The thing is, Trip really is just a super talented beginner. With Paul it was never stated that he was a beginner, everyone just assumed he was and so his background information was used to dispute that. Trip got his first Pokemon on screen, just like Dawn and May and so it's been made clear that he is a new trainer.

Plus Snivy must have gotten a lot of experience beating Ash's level 9000 Pikachu.

shotdown911

Pokemon Dealer
Well, he's a rival, so of course he'll have significance. I don't see anything special about him though.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The thing is, Trip really is just a super talented beginner. With Paul it was never stated that he was a beginner, everyone just assumed he was and so his background information was used to dispute that. Trip got his first Pokemon on screen, just like Dawn and May and so it's been made clear that he is a new trainer.

Plus Snivy must have gotten a lot of experience beating Ash's level 9000 Pikachu.

Yes, but how is he able to beat Ash so soundly the second time?

Level 9000 doesn't exist.

Beauty of exagreation.

Salamandre

He must be what a elite four is like when they start their journey. What does that make ash:/ but at any rate i say he must be related to someone incredibilly powerful like berry's dad except bieng passed the awesome gene. Otherwise there jsut giving us another tobias plothole. My guess ghetsis crazy yes but if thier not gonna do N then they well...

Yes, but how is he able to beat Ash so soundly the second time?
He always catch pokemon with perfect ivs<;)>

Last edited:

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Level 9000 doesn't exist.
That was hyperbole.

@King World: Trip's Pokemon are clearly in the top precentile of all Pokemon.

Seriously though, Ash lost to Trip the second time, because Ash hasn't been training. His Tepig only knew two moves and his Oshawott still isn't a very good battler. His Pidove has showed no spectacular battle skills yet either, especially compared to Trip's Tranquill.

The only Pokemon Ash had that weren't completely outclassed were his Pikachu, which has 4 regions worth of battle experience and his Snivy, which probably had a trainer before Ash caught it.

Trip on the other hand had a full team, two gym badges, and has clearly been working with his Pokemon and creating strategies that go well with their move pools.

It's early on in a new region and the writers love having Ash battle like a beginner until the league rolls around.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
OMG OMG. ********, he can't be that good, there is not possible explanation to him to be so good, omg, bs,bs,bs,bs,bs,bs...

Yeah today episode we got something from his past, has a kid he was a big fan of Alder wanted to be a champion since then, so yeah he probably studied pokemons battling before starting, he is a rookie but not a cluless rookie, he knows his stuff.

Plus he is smart, his hobby of taking photos doesn't work just for that, he actually uses that to perfect stuff, he even helped Satoshi today by showing him what Oshawott was doing wrong in his Aqua Jet, wich is probably having his eyes closed.

So yeah shut it now.

Oh and he tied so no worries about your makes no sense stuff.

P.S. Yup I'm being an *******.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
OMG OMG. ********, he can't be that good, there is not possible explanation to him to be so good, omg, bs,bs,bs,bs,bs,bs...

Yeah today episode we got something from his past, has a kid he was a big fan of Alder wanted to be a champion since then, so yeah he probably studied pokemons battling before starting, he is a rookie but not a cluless rookie, he knows his stuff.

Plus he is smart, his hobby of taking photos doesn't work just for that, he actually uses that to perfect stuff, he even helped Satoshi today by showing him what Oshawott was doing wrong in his Aqua Jet, wich is probably having his eyes closed.

So yeah shut it now.

Oh and he tied so no worries about your makes no sense stuff.

P.S. Yup I'm being an *******.

Uh big deal? Plenty of characters are inspired by older champions or trainers and they aren't overpowered when they get their starters either. I find it amusing Trip helped Ash, the guy some people think is going to win the Unova league is getting help from a first year trainer. While this does finally give him a little backstory nothing has really changed. Ash is still struggling to beat a trainer he should have more then enough experience to defeat. And before anyone says he's using new Pokemon, he's using the same generic Fire/Grass/Water formula he uses every year so he should know how to raise these types perfectly by now, a true Pokemon Master would. If it was different types like Dark, Steel, and Rock I would understand. Point is, people have a right to not like this rivalry.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Uh big deal? Plenty of characters are inspired by older champions or trainers and they aren't overpowered when they get their starters either. I find it amusing Trip helped Ash, the guy some people think is going to win the Unova league is getting help from a first year trainer. While this does finally give him a little backstory nothing has really changed. Ash is still struggling to beat a trainer he should have more then enough experience to defeat. And before anyone says he's using new Pokemon, he's using the same generic Fire/Grass/Water formula he uses every year so he should know how to raise these types perfectly by now, a true Pokemon Master would. If it was different types like Dark, Steel, and Rock I would understand. Point is, people have a right to not like this rivalry.

Wow nice, you completelly ignored the points I made in my post, you rock bra/sis.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

That's not true. Pikachu is Pikachu. We don't need to know someone's background just because Ash gets beat. Pikachu is a mystery. So if the writers want to set Pikachu back, then it's not Trip who needs investigating.

IcySealeo

And before anyone says he's using new Pokemon, he's using the same generic Fire/Grass/Water formula he uses every year so he should know how to raise these types perfectly by now, a true Pokemon Master would. If it was different types like Dark, Steel, and Rock I would understand. Point is, people have a right to not like this rivalry.
It's not about the type. Type doesn't effect on Ash's training. And since they were new Pokemon, weaker than now, they lost easily.
This is the same case with Trip's Timburr. Timburr is a new Pokemon, and Oshawott beat him, because he has more experience.

Salamandre

^Platinium
I guess it's the pokemon rather than the trainer like paul's situation for right now. Of how diverse his team is i bet hes just catching and main teaming those he believes has the most potential once again like paul. With how easily you know what one shotted timburr it pretty much means ash's are starting to catch up.

^Pepsi
Probally but we haven't yet seen those tactics he studied and learn like we had with paul right away. It can also be interpreted as how hes able to train pokemon and compensate for thier weaknesses but ash is beggining to do that as well.

^Pbrmaster
Nah it managed to dodge one shellblade in the preview and vanillite was the same but it tied with a type disadvantage. They are new pokemon but there pretty good for the lack of xp. All i wanna see now is servine v.s oshawott epic match

Heres my attempt to make an accurate powerscale as of now(you can remove it mods if you think it might be inappropriate for right now)
Pikachu: 40/[Power gained] Servine: 49/[Power gained]
Oshawott: 38/20 Frillish:30(back then) 40(possibily now)/?
Snivy:27/2 Tranquil:30-40/?
tepig :26 /8 Vanilite: 25/?
Swadaloon:30/10(evo) timbur:30/?
scraggy:14/5 Lampert:25-40/?
tranquil: 20-30/5-10(evo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.