• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will we ever get multiple title cards per generation again?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
From Generations II through IV, the title screen changed throughout the generation.

This article does a good job of showing them, even though it has not yet been updated for SM: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:HoennMaster/List_of_anime_title_cards

In Generation II, we had two title cards. At the beginning, it was the same as the Gen I title card with the four Poké Balls at the four corners, but then for Master Quest, it changed to have Ash's badges on the outside, which got updated to show more badges when he beat Jasmine, Pryce, and Clair.

In Generation III, we actually had THREE title cards, starting with the Pokénav one, then the badge case and ribbon case (which also got updated with each badge and ribbon), and finally for Battle Frontier we had the one with Ash, May, Max, and Brock

In Generation IV, we had two title cards: first the planets one, and then the one with Dialga, Palkia, and the aurora borealis. During the second one, Dawn's ribbons and Ash's badges would fly towards the screen before the title showed up on screen, and like Gens II and III this was updated with each badge and ribbon.

However, since Generation V we've only been stuck with one title card for the whole generation, which frankly gets a little boring.

The Generation V one was REALLY boring with just the six Poké Balls and water in the background.

I did like that Gen VI had the changing focus characters on each title card, but I still thought the overall card should have changed at some point. Would have been cool to see something Zygarde or Flare-related for XY&Z. Or even just Ash's 7 badges and Serena'a 2 Keys, updating of course when they each won their last

Obviously Gen VII just started... I feel like it would be weird to see the starters falling from the sky for the entire generation, especially if/when they evolve. That's actually what prompted me to think about this question

So I guess my overall question is twofold: first, do you think the title card will ever change in the middle of a generation again, and 2, will we ever see the return of the progression-based title cards (badges and ribbons title cards from Gens II-IV)? I really liked both these things, and im sad we haven't had them in over 2 Gens now

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
From Generations II through IV, the title screen changed throughout the generation.

This article does a good job of showing them, even though it has not yet been updated for SM: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:HoennMaster/List_of_anime_title_cards

In Generation II, we had two title cards. At the beginning, it was the same as the Gen I title card with the four Poké Balls at the four corners, but then for Master Quest, it changed to have Ash's badges on the outside, which got updated to show more badges when he beat Jasmine, Pryce, and Clair.

In Generation III, we actually had THREE title cards, starting with the Pokénav one, then the badge case and ribbon case (which also got updated with each badge and ribbon), and finally for Battle Frontier we had the one with Ash, May, Max, and Brock

In Generation IV, we had two title cards: first the planets one, and then the one with Dialga, Palkia, and the aurora borealis. During the second one, Dawn's ribbons and Ash's badges would fly towards the screen before the title showed up on screen, and like Gens II and III this was updated with each badge and ribbon.

However, since Generation V we've only been stuck with one title card for the whole generation, which frankly gets a little boring.

The Generation V one was REALLY boring with just the six Poké Balls and water in the background.

I did like that Gen VI had the changing focus characters on each title card, but I still thought the overall card should have changed at some point. Would have been cool to see something Zygarde or Flare-related for XY&Z. Or even just Ash's 7 badges and Serena'a 2 Keys, updating of course when they each won their last

Obviously Gen VII just started... I feel like it would be weird to see the starters falling from the sky for the entire generation, especially if/when they evolve. That's actually what prompted me to think about this question

So I guess my overall question is twofold: first, do you think the title card will ever change in the middle of a generation again, and 2, will we ever see the return of the progression-based title cards (badges and ribbons title cards from Gens II-IV)? I really liked both these things, and im sad we haven't had them in over 2 Gens now

I doubt it. If XYZ didn't get one, I doubt there's any way we'll get a split title card in any other generation.