• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will We Ever See Ash's "Ultimate Team"?

Revolver Furious Dragon

Greninja gets snuffed out huh? haha he never could beat Alains Cheatzard.

Personally I look at the Pokémon he currently has access to.

Like if Lance randomly popped up and challenged ash to a full battle what's the best team ash could assemble there and then.

We don't know when/if ash will see greninja again so I can't put it on my best team. Of course if ash does meet it and it's established he can call on it whenever he wants then I'd definitely give it a spot

cam24t

Master
Personally I look at the Pokémon he currently has access to.

Like if Lance randomly popped up and challenged ash to a full battle what's the best team ash could assemble there and then.

We don't know when/if ash will see greninja again so I can't put it on my best team. Of course if ash does meet it and it's established he can call on it whenever he wants then I'd definitely give it a spot

That makes sense. So Pokemon like Goodra and Nagandel are also missing the cut for the same reason?

Also, what are thoughts on Melmetal?

Revolver Furious Dragon

That makes sense. So Pokemon like Goodra and Nagandel are also missing the cut for the same reason?

Also, what are thoughts on Melmetal?

Yeah I don't include them for same.

Melmetal it's to early to tell. It hasn't had enough battles to get a true feel for it's potential yet

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh I agree it's one of his strongest. If we were making a team of his strongest then it would definitely deserve a spot.

But best doesn't always mean strongest.

His best team I feel would be as diverse as possible. So only one fire type and I'd give charizard the edge over infernape.

For me his best team currently is

Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Heracross
Krookodile/snorlax
Lycanroc

Honestly i agree but snorlax definitely wins over krookodile here. And I'll rather have greninja than heracross. Heracross and krookodile were the johto and unova aces, but they still were lackluster. Tho I'll probably take infernape instead of charizard too coz i think fighting will be more beneficial than flying.
EDIT: Just saw you didn't include greninja coz he's technically not Ash's right now. Well then instead of greninja I'll have melmetal. I k it didn't get many battles but it's still a mythical and was powerful enough to nearly knock down silvally. I think it would be better than heracross.

cam24t

Master
Honestly i agree but snorlax definitely wins over krookodile here. And I'll rather have greninja than heracross. Heracross and krookodile were the johto and unova aces, but they still were lackluster. Tho I'll probably take infernape instead of charizard too coz i think fighting will be more beneficial than flying.
EDIT: Just saw you didn't include greninja coz he's technically not Ash's right now. Well then instead of greninja I'll have melmetal. I k it didn't get many battles but it's still a mythical and was powerful enough to nearly knock down silvally. I think it would be better than heracross.

Melmetal made it easier for Pikachu to knock out Silvally.

nickdt

The problem is that his 'ace' Pokemon most likely will NEVER be in the same team, since they can make none of them a fall guy, especially since Pikachu and Charizard are involved in the Ultimate Team and neither is gonna be defeated without winning against another mon (Pikachu most likely takes 2 down, just like against Alain), downplaying the effort of his other mons.

So you have to form his Ultimate Team Around his ace mons, rather than all the aces being on one team. You can have 2 aces on the same team, but the rest of the team should be Pokemon that are his second batch mons, like Glalie, Talonflame or Donphan for example and the Pokemon that they can make fall guys.

Its also not easy to make an ultimate team, since for it to be an Ultimate team, the team cannot share types, meaning Infernape is out already, since Charizard is in. It means rest of the Birds are out as well.
You have Pikachu and Charizard - Charizard is immune to Ground, where Pikachu is not, but covers Water for Charizard. Then we gonna cover Ground and Rock with Sceptile, while Sceptiles flying, bug and Ice weaknesses are covered by the other 2. Now we need to put a Ground type on the team to cover Sceptiles weakness for Fire. Donphan is the primary choice, since all of its weaknesses are already covered, Krookodile and Gible add other weaknesses. With Krookodile not on the team with the Fighting Weakness, you can add another Pokemon with that Weakness, Snorlax, but it also the immunity to Ghost. The last choice is the hardest one, since it basically are the Water types. What is the best choice: Palpitoad has only one weakness, but that matters not, since its covered already anyways and the team already has a Ground type. So that basically leaves Oshawott, Corphish and Buizel. But i won't choose them either, i would go for Kingler, since its his only fully evolved Water type at the moment.

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
As much as I would like to see the team, I don't think it will work well, as they would need an Ace and a fallguy in the team, and who do you think they will make the fallguy in a team of Aces!!

warset

Meh Ash’s team is constantly evolving, but seeing the trend of him winning leagues and catching Mythical and Ultrabeast Pokemon, his eventual team that he commands to be the best Pokemon Master like-no-one-ever-was is probably going to be something like this:

Pikachu with Z ring
Solgaleo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Ash-Greninja
Meltan

He will be able to summon and command the big legendaries and defeat all other regional champion masters, and become the best like no one ever was Pokemon Master.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Feels like we've been talking about this for years now. "if only Ash used his best team he would have creamed Alain or Tobias or won the Unova League or whatever.

Well now we're actually getting to the point where Ash has acquired and trained quite an impressive collection of Pokemon. He's been on a tear lately catching Legendary type Pokemon like Melmetal and Naganadel and becoming the very first Alola League Champion.

There's going to come a time where Ash is going to have to use his best team. And that time seems to be rapidly approaching. Do you think it will actually ever happen someday? And what do you think his ultimate team even is?
I feel this thread is less about will we ever see Ash's Ultimate Team and more about what you guys think Ash's Ultimate should be. I say this because in my opinion, Ash's "Ultimate" team would consist of also Pokemon in-rotation, that means Pokemon that he switches in and out with his team a lot meaning it can go past the six-Pokemon limit.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Feels like we've been talking about this for years now. "if only Ash used his best team he would have creamed Alain or Tobias or won the Unova League or whatever.

Well now we're actually getting to the point where Ash has acquired and trained quite an impressive collection of Pokemon. He's been on a tear lately catching Legendary type Pokemon like Melmetal and Naganadel and becoming the very first Alola League Champion.

There's going to come a time where Ash is going to have to use his best team. And that time seems to be rapidly approaching. Do you think it will actually ever happen someday? And what do you think his ultimate team even is?
I don't think we'll see his ultimate team because he doesn't have a definite strongest team like he used to. Its too debatable now compared to how in was in Kalos, so Pokemon doesn't need to pander to that need from the fandom. Not that it was ever that likely to.
Maybe we'll see Ash assemble a super-strong team with a different mon from each generation. But I don' think it'll be what the fans agree is the strongest.

Plus, Ash has never been overly concerned with picking and choosing which mons are the strongest. His training methods are more about taking any pokemon and raising it to achieve its dreams, using anything to beat any opponent. Look how many of his mons have been considered weaklings or untrainable in the past, and you'll see that he doesn't think like a powergamer.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well if there was ever a series to do it, this would be it since it is featuring all regions and no mention yet of a regional team.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since the writers don't seem to care much about having Satoshi's older Pokemon return for big moments these days, no, I don't think we'll ever see him use a team of his best Pokemon. Even if he battles Dande in the new series, I'd still expect him to use his regional team instead of him using Lizardon, Kabigon, or his other prime Pokemon.