• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you choose X or Y and Why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 341531
  • Start date

and why

• X

Votes: 112 50.9%
  • Y

Votes: 108 49.1%

• Total voters

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
I'm going to chose Y, Yveltal looks much cooler then Xerneas, in my opinion.
Red is also my favourite colour.

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
X, I always pick the first game to start with, Red, Fire Red, Ruby, Diamond, Black etc. Except I picked Silver because I prefer it over gold.

I also like Xerneas more than Yveltal.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Although I am getting both, I think that Y will be my main one. It's also the one I'm downloading, while X is the one I'm going to pre-order whenever I get around to it. The main reason I'm probably going to use Y as my main one is I like the design of Yveltal over Xerneas.

Flying Weasel

Undecided. I like both legendaries but I think I'll wait until the pokedex comes out. I hate getting the wrong game exclusive pokemon. That being said I still need to come up with the money for a 3DS.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Leaning toward X because

-The legendary is pretty cool, but I like them both
-Since it has a genetic theme, the X chromosone is the 'female' chromosone
-I can't think of many others yet XD but we'll see

BladeWulf

getting both with one being my Playthrough game and the Second being my main Work game. Haven't decided which will be which though...

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I'm looking to get Y because I like Yvetal more and my sister wants to get X for the same reason. Just need to wait and see what exclusive Pokémon will be available in Y to confirm.

3D992

The Living Hologram
Probably Y, but I dunno if I'll get either.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
I'm going with both... Originally I prerdered Y because I thought Yveltal looked cooler.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I preordered Y before I thought about getting both. I chose Y first because while I do love Xerneas, Yveltal appealed to me more with its appearence and I love it more now that it represents destruction. I shouldn't be worried on version exclusives now it was made even easier! And Skrelp is in Y as well!

Enjolras

Master of the House
I chose X since my brother wanted Y, so we don't have to worry about version exclusives.

Sara Hysaro

I was leaning more towards X as my main file, since I like Y's version exclusives more. I'd be playing through Y repeatedly, and the less trading I have to do to build my team the better. Nothing is set in stone yet, however.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
For me I pick which ever Legendary is cooler imo, I've done so since Gold/Silver. When I first saw the announcement trailer for X and Y, and Yveltal came flying passed I knew which ever game it was on that's the one I would choose.
So Y is what I'm going with, I already have it pre-ordered. I don't care much for version exclusive's because I always buy the other version when it's released or a month or two afterwards.

ysmr97

I wanted X, but my brother claimed it, and we always have opposite games. I like Y though. Yveltal is really cool!

There is no or. I'm definitely going to buy them both, and possibly the soundtrack with it. I'll probably play Y first to get Yveltal. Going to have to play and trade over the 2 other starters because i want all of them on my team.