• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you ever rewatch Pokemon anime?

Psajdak

Myself, once all of old episodes are available subbed, I will watch the whole anime from the start, including playing the games from those eras.

Basically, take a look at release dates of games, episodes, and when exactly movies, OVAs, and specials were released, and watch them between the episodes that aired at the time.

I know it sound a bit too nerdy, but when marathoning long series, I realized that order of airing and release works the best for me.

That being said, I will most likely take pauses before jumping onto the next generation, and of course, put aside any new Pokemon anime until I actually caught up with it.

I saw some Japanese episodes of old anime that I only experienced dubbed, and they just felt completely different due to voices, and soundtrack.

Also, old Pokemon anime is filled with classic 90s, and early 2000s seiyu that I fell in love with while watching other anime, so that's another plus.

For the sake of consistency, I wish English versions of games had an option for Japanese names, but that will probably never happen.

Still, considering the pace of translations of old episodes, who knows when will all those be completely available with Japanese voices, and English subs.

I have watched or rewatched every series except for XY

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I've already watched every episode atleast once, but if they do end up replacing Ash someday, I think I'd like to re-watch the whole series of the Ash saga. Although it'll be a VERY slow saga as these days I'm really busy with work and have other stuff I want to watch

Leonhart

Imagineer
Not the entire series since there's too many episodes, and in any case there are some story-arcs and sagas that I didn't like very much, so I doubt I could tolerate watching said arcs again.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm rewatching with my 4 year old daughter.

She already watched whole SM (almost twice), XYZ, Indigo League, Orange Islands, 2/3 of Johto (we are at the baby Lugia episodes) and 48 episodes of Journeys (each like 3 times).

As soon as more Journeys episodes will be available at Netflix Poland she will watch them for sure.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
If i ever feel like doing it for pre-BW, I'd probably skip the fillers because i started to dislike most forest fillers where almost every conflict was solved by TR faceoffs, when they didn't pull an evolution or new move to save the day
Just thinking about the beginning with the characters walking through the forest and the narrator saying they're on the road to X City already makes me roll my eyes

Flashyspark

Imagine hating the show so much but still spending so much time on here trashing it on a daily basis. Lol.

I won't watch the whole show again because I don't have infinite amounts of spare time but I might rewatch select episodes or story-arcs that I really liked. Like most of the Orange Islands saga if I can find the DVD set.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Well no, because I realize that most of the Pokemon Series Anime has too many "filler" episodes that have nothing to do with the story.