• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

• Yes

Votes: 1,181 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 78 5.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.1%

• Total voters

ravenzala232

ledgendary silver
yes

im gonna get it definitly

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
yes but I would sell my diamond version why keep the old version when you can get a nice shiny new version of the same game

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
The only question for me is how many copies I'll buy initially. I love the Pokemon games, and wouldn't get rid of or stop playing older games just because the new one comes out. I still play the 3rd gen games a lot (mostly shiny hunting). I don't like the 1rst and 2nd games as much, because they're too slow and the graphics too primitive. This bit I added in response to PokeFreak001, who asked "why keep the old version when you can get a nice shiny new version of the same game". Platinum's not exactly the same game as D/P, just as Emerald is similar to R/S, but certainly not identical; many things were added and there are many small modifications (like the Random Number Generator is different).

Gliscor_111

I am undecided at the moment...

not that it doesn't look awesome
It just seems a lot like Diamond and Pearl
Okay, so it's different, but I think I may hold off on this one and wait for the 5th Generation game to come out.
But I might hear rave reviews and decide that it is worth it. So...
Undecided!

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
I am undecided at the moment...

not that it doesn't look awesome
It just seems a lot like Diamond and Pearl
Okay, so it's different, but I think I may hold off on this one and wait for the 5th Generation game to come out.
But I might hear rave reviews and decide that it is worth it. So...
Undecided!
Seriously, if you're undecided, and you've played D/P to death, why bother?
umm most likely not just a waste of cash for sum extra moves...
Exactly... It's why I only ever have one of each generation (except I also have Yellow, but that was a present)...
Why would you buy more then one copy?
This is an question I try to voice, but nobody seems to answer... I don't understand why...

BCVM22

This is an question I try to voice, but nobody seems to answer... I don't understand why...

This is a thread consisting of nothing but post after post of people saying "ZOMG YES" or "UMM NO." You can only expect so much in the way of insightful commentary.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
This is a thread consisting of nothing but post after post of people saying "ZOMG YES" or "UMM NO." You can only expect so much in the way of insightful commentary.
I know, but I tried to post a thread about it on the Platinum Discussion - it never appeared. o_O

s_a_l_poke

HeartGold+SoulSilver
My birthday is Apr. 22. 2 years ago I bought Pearl for my birthday. A year ago I got Explorers of Darkness. I'm 99% sure Platinum's coming within a week of my birthday this time as well.

Emo_Kirlia

I will get it because I have a lot of regrets in Diamond. my biggest regret is using Walk thru walls for fun one day and I ended up getting the Bueneary People in Hearthome city because of that. Also when I raised my Piplup to level 100 without evolving it. So I'm going to transfer all of my good pokemon (hundreds of them) to Platinum so I can start Diamond over. I could transfer them to my Pearl but I don't want to waste time catching a bunch of Bidoofs and Starlys only to trade them all over to Platinum 6-8 months later. Also i love that you can catch more Kanto pokemon such as the Legendary Birds and Tangela. Also I plan on playing the game independantly.(meaning no pokemon off of GTS even though the GTS sounds realy cool in that game...D: )

PokemonMaster67

I will get the US version when it comes out next year. If I can, I'll look into how much it'll be to preorder Pokemon Platinum. If not, it might be released before I turn 15. I may just wait but I can't until it comes out. Either way, the wait'll be worth it.

rekreatur

I'll probably order it from the UK, once it gets released in Europe, all the game stores I know are selling German games and I prefer to play games in English >_>;