1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by m190049, Oct 1, 2008.

?

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

1. Yes

1,181 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Undecided

96 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Light-The-Archangel

Light-The-Archangel Best of All Time

2. ravenzala232

ravenzala232 ledgendary silver

yes

im gonna get it definitly

3. chimkong

chimkong Well-Known Member

yep, but it depends when i'll buy.

4. PokeFreak001

PokeFreak001 Queen of Ice

yes but I would sell my diamond version why keep the old version when you can get a nice shiny new version of the same game

5. DarkDragon

DarkDragon Hasta pasta

The only question for me is how many copies I'll buy initially. I love the Pokemon games, and wouldn't get rid of or stop playing older games just because the new one comes out. I still play the 3rd gen games a lot (mostly shiny hunting). I don't like the 1rst and 2nd games as much, because they're too slow and the graphics too primitive. This bit I added in response to PokeFreak001, who asked "why keep the old version when you can get a nice shiny new version of the same game". Platinum's not exactly the same game as D/P, just as Emerald is similar to R/S, but certainly not identical; many things were added and there are many small modifications (like the Random Number Generator is different).

6. Gliscor_111

Gliscor_111 Well-Known Member

I am undecided at the moment...

not that it doesn't look awesome
    It just seems a lot like Diamond and Pearl
    Okay, so it's different, but I think I may hold off on this one and wait for the 5th Generation game to come out.
    But I might hear rave reviews and decide that it is worth it. So...
    Undecided!

7. MetallicCorrosion

MetallicCorrosion As I Lay Dying...

umm most likely not just a waste of cash for sum extra moves...

8. Jessie&James

Jessie&James Beautiful...

Of course I'll get it.

Who wouldn't? ;)

9. MetallicCorrosion

MetallicCorrosion As I Lay Dying...

hehe me as i just said but i dont get money off parents for stuff like gaming...

10. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Why would you buy more then one copy?

11. UltimateNagash

UltimateNagash I am a glow worm...

Seriously, if you're undecided, and you've played D/P to death, why bother?
    Exactly... It's why I only ever have one of each generation (except I also have Yellow, but that was a present)...
    This is an question I try to voice, but nobody seems to answer... I don't understand why...

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

This is a thread consisting of nothing but post after post of people saying "ZOMG YES" or "UMM NO." You can only expect so much in the way of insightful commentary.

13. UltimateNagash

UltimateNagash I am a glow worm...

I know, but I tried to post a thread about it on the Platinum Discussion - it never appeared. o_O

14. Ammako

Ammako Well-Known Member

Hem... I'm sure you're aware that in Platinum you don't just get some different moves Pokémon can learn, right?

Yeah, I'm gonna get it, but maybe not the exact day it comes out.

15. s_a_l_poke

s_a_l_poke HeartGold+SoulSilver

My birthday is Apr. 22. 2 years ago I bought Pearl for my birthday. A year ago I got Explorers of Darkness. I'm 99% sure Platinum's coming within a week of my birthday this time as well.

16. Emo_Kirlia

Emo_Kirlia Well-Known Member

I will get it because I have a lot of regrets in Diamond. my biggest regret is using Walk thru walls for fun one day and I ended up getting the Bueneary People in Hearthome city because of that. Also when I raised my Piplup to level 100 without evolving it. So I'm going to transfer all of my good pokemon (hundreds of them) to Platinum so I can start Diamond over. I could transfer them to my Pearl but I don't want to waste time catching a bunch of Bidoofs and Starlys only to trade them all over to Platinum 6-8 months later. Also i love that you can catch more Kanto pokemon such as the Legendary Birds and Tangela. Also I plan on playing the game independantly.(meaning no pokemon off of GTS even though the GTS sounds realy cool in that game...D: )

17. PokemonMaster67

PokemonMaster67 New Member

I will get the US version when it comes out next year. If I can, I'll look into how much it'll be to preorder Pokemon Platinum. If not, it might be released before I turn 15. I may just wait but I can't until it comes out. Either way, the wait'll be worth it.

18. Blootix

Blootix Well-Known Member

If they confirm that they're giving out the pass to catch Darkrai over WiFi, then yes.

19. Kurosaki_klan

Kurosaki_klan AERODACTYL

20. rekreatur

rekreatur Well-Known Member

I'll probably order it from the UK, once it gets released in Europe, all the game stores I know are selling German games and I prefer to play games in English >_>;