• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

• Yes

Votes: 1,181 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 78 5.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.1%

• Total voters

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
How long are you planning on waiting? Diamond and Pearl are the same price they were when they came out.

Sammi

Banned
@proby3: basically the same game? even with the addition of the battle frontier thingy and the torn world? my, my, really, now... i wonder.

well, i think that i'll get the game, since i'm really interested in the torn world and for days have i been breeding random pokemon to send over to my platinum as my team; i will not let such crappy effort go to waste.

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
I...guess so. Well, do you mean right when it comes out? The day it's released? I can't say that I will. But if I have the money, I'll buy it eventually.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I'm undecided i might not

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'll have it pre-ordered, just because there'll doubtlessly be some sort of goodie that you get as a bonus. If they did something along the lines of the D/P bonus and gave us a Giratina stylus, that'd be just sweet.

Aptenodytes

I'll get it eventually when the prices drop a lot. can't see the point in getting it straight away...
You do know that won't happen anytime soon right? IIRC, even Pokemon Emerald is still at the same price as it was on the day it came.

As for myself, I'm undecided on whether or not by buy Pokemon Platinum. I'll be able to play the game either way, so I'm leaning a little more towards not buying it even though I won't have a "legit" copy.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Of course I'm going to buy it. I have every single Pokemon game [gen wise] that has come out. So if I didn't get Platinum, it would just feel weird. So I'm definitely getting it when it comes out near me. Maybe not right away, but I will get it. ;D

BCVM22

I'll have it pre-ordered, just because there'll doubtlessly be some sort of goodie that you get as a bonus. If they did something along the lines of the D/P bonus and gave us a Giratina stylus, that'd be just sweet.

Why would anyone be foolish enough to preorder a game that's 6 months away at least and doesn't even have a release date yet?

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I'm seeing quite a lot of nerdgasms. To answer the question, yes, I'll buy it. Not sure when though.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
Well, I already have one now, but it's in Japanese, so I'm playing it with no idea what the NPCs are saying. xD Once the English version of Platinum comes out, I'll definitely buy it.

Suikami

Exploring the void
I'm likely to do so, if I can't get it from America, or the shop near me that sells games when they're released in America.

Rommath

▲_▲
Definitely, as soon as it comes out here in Australia. Hopefully that won't be too long after it comes out in America this year.

Larry

I will get it as soon as it comes out in US beacause I have no clue how to read Japonese and I like to read what the people say.

Pokéfan Norway

I certainly will!!! ;)
The game looks really great! I particularly like the idea of "owning" that villa/resort house! :D