• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

Will you get Platinum when it comes out near you?

• Yes

Votes: 1,181 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 78 5.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.1%

• Total voters

The Mursu

<-- Epic coat!
I'm getting pt. tomorrow. Can't wait.

Morgan Lamia

Jigoku no Banken
I received my UK copy of Platinum earlier today, one day early, which was a very nice little surprise. :D

morganlamiaplatinum.jpg

Strangely enough, it doesn't come with any leaflets about Rotom like the JP/US releases did though. But ah well. *Runs off to play.*

(Also; hey. My first post. ^_^)

Last edited:
i feel like i won't bother right depending on how good the new goldsilver games will be, since platinum doesn't bring much new from pearl anyway, money is sparse right now, as is time..

What I was just going to post said:
Before you ask, no, it doesn't actually deal with a huge in-game problem in progressing (considering this version is mostly a copy of the other two 4th gen games which have basic plotlines) or anything; it's... a half-rant, half... call of help(?) on something that just happened to me two days ago.

Since I was getting bored with the plain ol', tiring vicious cycle of the same events occurring over and over for a decade, I thought, hell, I may as well give Pokemon a chance and get playing again to pass the time until HeartGold comes out. So, I browed through ebay for new copies of Platinum, the version I don't own for this and the previous generation, and... the site's riddled with mega-haxorred versions with all 493 (probably shiny) Pokemon programmed in at max IV's and at lvl. 100. Not only would getting that be positively boring to the freakin' max, but most of those items had prices ranging from 45 to 98 dollars (albeit with free shipping). Certainly not that great a deal to find yourself with, especially since a bulk of them end days beyond the point where I looked through the site.

And then this came up, and as the description suggests, it was a "factory-sealed," perfectly untouched Platinum game that was being bidded for less than 12 AU dollars at the time (before you ask, I'm not Australian and would never like to live there, but the seller apparently did), so since I calculated that to be less than a measley 10 dollars, I went bidding out of piqued curiosity, and won the item fairly easily at a mere 15 and a half bucks, about 12 in American dollars. The problem started here: Not only did I lack Paypal or any other credit card that they accept there to begin with, but the shipping literally cost more than the item itself (I live in Korea), bringing the total up to over 30 AU bucks, and about... uh, 26-7 US dollars, but since that was clearly cheaper than actually getting my dad, who was in California at the time, to buy it off a game store (which sells for the standard price + tax), I sealed the deal anyway- and in doing so, my own fate (in playing the game), quite unfortunately. So weeks after sending cold, hard-earned cash over to the shipper back in HK-or-was-it-AU, I received the package in my mailbox, and brought it upstairs after I got back from a run over at the park to actually get to play the damn thing which had resided there for a few days at least (I thought it'd be sent on something like FedEx with that pricey a cost), I turned the game on, gave the temporary character (I already had a spare Chimchar in my Pearl, so I thought I'd start it with another starter, and then trade to the Pearl, erase the useless game file, and then trade them over along with some exclusives) an obscene name
Read: "NekkidW (for "whore")
, and... right after I saved once I beat my equally obscenely-named rival and his crappy Chimchar, I thought I'd save the game, and... it apparently was working exactly as planned (no Deathnut references, please), but... after about 12 straight minutes of waiting, and waiting... it was still saving for another 4 or 5 minutes with no response. Granted, for some reason the game developers for this generation imputted a "Saving a lot of data" function that extended the time it takes to successfully save the game, so I couldn't expect it to take a nanosecond, but obviously, something was wrong. At first, I suspected it could have been a catastrophic side effect of choosing a female (I'd never done that before, except in this crappy Sapphire), so I turned my DSLite off, and started again (obviously, the game file was corrupted), but it didn't do ****, and took equally long to save on a file with a male protagonist- so much that I pretty much gave up, went into the shower, and came back 10 minutes after I was done to see if the damn thing was done yet, which it was after another 6 goddamn minutes, all to save one file that was still in Sandgem Town. Regardless, I thought, "Heck, if this doesn't work as it should, let's just trade this shitty little Turtwig over to my Pearl for a Shinx, Starly, or something whilst equipping it with that Quick Claw you get at the first city you arrive in, and go sell/refund this."

As it should come of no surprise at this point, while I was able to get it to save right before I entered the Union Room/Club to trade that Turtwig-named-Turtpig Jr. over, after the trade was done, the game again failed to function properly and resume its connection, and obviously save afterwards, and so all my efforts were in vain, and I had gotten myself a useless little trinket that no-one would ever want for a heavy price of nearly 30 wasted dollars. Although I could either sell or refund it right now, it is technically a used copy, regardless of whether I only have less than an hour on it (most of which was the saving and training the starter to lvl 17 for obvious reasons), it's still used, and after checking at the local game shop, it would be worth at most a lightweight 12-13 US bucks, and wouldn't be much different anywhere else. And what's worse is, even if I do refund it to the seller who probably knew nothing of its deficiency (see the gigantic text fortress known as the second paragraph for details), I'd have a hell of a shipping price to pay for if I'm to get my money back, which, of course, would leave me of nothing. At all.

If you've even bothered to read all the way over to the bottom of this page, give yourself a high-five and give me an option or two, if you please.

Yeah, I've said a mouthful.

Got it on sat.. special edition with a metal tin :) And I got the combo walktrhough / pokedex (I want it for the 'dex w/ moves list!)

Am in the flower place as I'm at my GFs so other things to do that play 'pooter games ;-) Liking it sofar. A bit disappointed that short of trading there is no way i can get my old pokemon into it from gold as I had a full dex back then

Avrig

Like Wailords.
I bought it on Saturday and when I came home, I realized it's USA version of Platinum. And when I phoned to the shop, they said "Yeah, we have also the PAL version, it was your own business, which one you picked." The interesting thing was, that when I said I'll come there to change that USA version to PAL version, they said there's no PAL version left anymore (they had PAL versions still a minute ago : D).
I'll go there and get my money back. There surely wasn't any other Platinum than the one I bought.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Got it earlier today in town. Originally, I was going to skip it, due to already owning diamond and the announcement of HGSS, but last night, I decided that I may as well get it as I've pretty much exhausted all their is to do in diamond.

Managed to get it for under £20, due to having some leftover WH Smiths vouchers.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
doubt it. looks SO overrated.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
When it came out in New Zealand a few days ago I was unsure of whether or no it was worth getting. But in the end I bought it and I'm having great fun in the Frontier, already have 2 gold and 1 silver print.

I think that the game was definitely worth it.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
Re:

I just gotten my platinum thursday and i am loving it as we speek i am currently playing it while i am in here graphics are super I love Dawn's new spirite its so wonder ful it makes her even cuter