• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you get you kids you Play?

LazyDitto

I know it's a simple question, but for those who are already married/want kids: do you want to get your kids to play?

PKM doesn't seem like it will be going away. It's the second best selling/continuing video game franchise in the world. So...will you?

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I don't have kids, nor plan on it for a long time, but when I do have kids, it would be awesome for them to play Pokemon because then we can all play and watch the show together as a family. It'd be a good bonding experience IMO.

I don't see why not. Chances are by the time my kids are old enough for videogames, the 3DS' successor will be avalible. And they're unlikely to be impressed by anything that isn't in 3D.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
My kids already do, and if/when my grand kids come along I hope to still be playing pokemon so I can trade and give advice with them as well!

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Well I won't make them play but it will be like pizza: you have to try it at least once before you tell me you don't like it!

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Well I won't make them play but it will be like pizza: you have to try it at least once before you tell me you don't like it!
^^amen

And I don't have kids nor am I married but I have many younger Siblings and I'm already getting them to enjoy it

PokeMEN

PokeMEN Master
I hope my kids will play someday, pokemon has been a special part of my life and I hope to share that with my kids

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
^^amen

And I don't have kids nor am I married but I have many younger Siblings and I'm already getting them to enjoy it

Well I hope nobody thought this but I don't have kids yet either lol!

I am glad somebody agrees with my perspective on that one. Believe it or not there was a time I thought pizza looked disgusting and I had my mind made up I wouldn't eat it.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
it depends if my wife likes Pokémon. if we were bothe Pokémon lovers, we'd want our kids to, if she wasn't a pokémon lover, i wouldn't force them to play it, id just give minor influence about it, and hope they get hooked to play it.
and that all depends if its still around.

Yes. Unless they hate it once they try it.

-20 years later-
Me - "Here is Pokémon Blue! One of the first Pokémon games!"
Son - "Ewwww!!! Why are the graphics so FLAT?!?!?" I don't even know these Pokémon! There's only 151 Pokémon in this game? Laaaammmeeee. My new <insert super advanced awesome Pokémon game here> has waaaayyy more Pokémon!"
-Gives Pokémon White-
Son - "These graphics are okay I guess. It's old though. At least they TRIED to make it 3D"
-Shows PBR-
Son - "These are better than those two before at least. But the graphics don't really pop out of the screen..."
Me - "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!?"

Last edited:

rocky505

I'm not married and I don't have little ones. But my sisters kids enjoy watching the anime with me and her son owns Pokemon Black because I bought it for him for his 7th birthday and he loves it.

Psyboy

Psychic Breeder
Yes. Unless they hate it once they try it.

-20 years later-
Me - "Here is Pokémon Blue! One of the first Pokémon games!"
Son - "Ewwww!!! Why are the graphics so FLAT?!?!?" I don't even know these Pokémon! There's only 151 Pokémon in this game? Laaaammmeeee. My new <insert super advanced awesome Pokémon game here> has waaaayyy more Pokémon!"
-Gives Pokémon White-
Son - "These graphics are okay I guess. It's old though. At least they TRIED to make it 3D"
-Shows PBR-
Son - "These are better than those two before at least. But the graphics don't really pop out of the screen..."
Me - "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!?"

Haha! I didn't realize that by the time I have kids the Pokemon games would so outdated! They better appriciate the oldies :mad:

Cuddlebuns

I don't plan on ever having kids, but if I did I'd definitely introduce them to the series. I wouldn't start them off with Red/Blue though, since those games are horrible without nostalgia goggles.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I hope my kids will play someday, pokemon has been a special part of my life and I hope to share that with my kids

This. I couldnt have said it better myself. Iv been playing and watching since episode one came out when i was 5 months old.