• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you import SoulSilver and/or HeartGold? / Which version are you getting?

Will you import?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm usually too financially frugal to do that sort of thing but this is getting tempting. And each time a new game comes out I come closer to jumping on the importing-the-Japanese-version bandwagon. So, I dunno. Maybe this time. If I do, it'll probably be Gold, and I'll get Silver when it comes out in the US.

silver249

I'm going to wait until they hit America and then as soon as they do, I am going to buy Soul Silver. Importing is too much of a hastle for me.

dpdude

teehee
im not a super nerd, so im going to wait. when does it come out, BTW?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Play Asia has pre orders up for anyone thats interested!

Louispierce

WOOOOOT Just pre-ordered Soul Silver from playasia :p

mudkip12

Exploding Knees.
I live in england but I might import it from America if the gap between the uk and us release is quite big.

I wish they would come out in the US on 9-12 :'(

Wabby

I'm not gonna import it, just gonna wait 'till it comes out here in Finland. And I'm probably gonna get Soul Silver, but I'm not sure yet.

ZenAkrua

CSS Pirate
My little brother's gonna get HeartGold (I got him one of the Ho-Oh Pokedolls to tide him over for the American release, omg he won't let it go xD) so I'm most likely gonna get SoulSilver, if not for that reason than for the simple fact that Silver was the version I played.

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
Yeah i've just pre-ordered both games i think am a bit crazy.

Last edited:

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
I'm gonna wait till it comes out in America. When it does, I'm getting HeartGold!

Ultimate Glalie

I don't think I'll import it. I'll wait for it to come out over here. I don't think I would enjoy a game where I don't know what's going on. :p When the games eventually come here, I'll be getting both versions, for sure. I'll keep all my important Pokemon on HeartGold, and I'll restart SoulSilver over and over again to play it over and over again. :D

Dimbat

Arr...
Guys, I need some help. I live in England, and I really wanna import HeartGold from Japan (and then SoulSilver when it's out in England) ..

I'd just gotten to the checkout on Play-Asia, choosing the expensive courier shipment (since I'm moving house around the time it's released, wanna make sure I get it when I'm at the old house). At the checkout I read something about charges not including customs money for importing this stuff... and I was wondering if I'd run into additional charges and complications later on in the process...

I've now just read the information on customs, and I'm just posting this to ask if anyone knows if customs will charge me, and if so, how much? I'm already having doubts about spending this much money, and this could sway me either way. [But then again, the thought of another year without Pokémon HeartGold is really really unappealing!!]

Thanks for the help in advance!

Edit: Just done some more research... If I'm correct, customs will charge me roughly 4% duty then 17% (or is it 15% now? I dunno) VAT... bringing the order up from £52 to £63..? If this is correct, I don't think I'll import. (Working out now) If I do the slower postage option, it'd be £49..

Am I right? (please say I'm wrong ^^)

Last edited:

latios reborn

I don't think there are any more charges. I have imported a couple of games before from there (platinum being one) and what tehy said the cost was at the end was goingto be the cost no matter what.
And I just pre ordered Silver and it's going to cost me $75 AUD just for the game but I am also ordering something else so then all up for Silver and the One Piece figure I am ordering the whole thing is going to cost me $115. and that should not change at all.

Raichu_is_awesome

Surge loves Raichu
I'm not a Super Nerd (making fun of the trainer class), so I'm not going to import them from Japan. Anyway I can't red Japanese :p.

But I'm getting HeartGold, I don't care what my brother wants. I played Gold originally, so I'm playing the remake. He played Silver, so he is going to play SoulSilver.

melon_jaywalk

Self absorbed jerk
~ Thanks for the help in advance!

I've heard horrible stories concerning imports in the UK, where you have to pay the guy at the door for import charges which you're usually unaware of. I wouldn't know of anything more than that though.

I'm importing both. You have no idea how convenient it is being surrounded by Japanese games whilst studying the language. Really helps. Though I only really intend to play Silver that intently. At first, at least.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
When checking out on playasia, you are given different choices for delivery options.

No matter which you choose, import tax and customs charges are never paid for you.

There is the small chance that you might be missed by customs and not have to pay a thing, but odds are you will have to pay some sort of charge before you get your packages.

Edit: Just done some more research... If I'm correct, customs will charge me roughly 4% duty then 17% (or is it 15% now? I dunno) VAT... bringing the order up from £52 to £63..? If this is correct, I don't think I'll import. (Working out now) If I do the slower postage option, it'd be £49..

Am I right? (please say I'm wrong ^^)

Only 21% total? Here I'd have to pay 60-78% duty if they ever decided to charge it (Brazil, etcetera) :/ They don't tend to do it here, though, as it's a pretty small and cheap package; small packages cheaper than US$500 are duty-free here, I believe there is something alike in your country.

Dimbat

Arr...
Only 21% total?

I guessed at the duty tax.. I read somewhere that it's "usually 3-5%, but can be between 0-85%".. So I've got no idea!

There is the small chance that you might be missed by customs and not have to pay a thing, but odds are you will have to pay some sort of charge before you get your packages.

Yeah, I'm just trying to get an estimate on how much this price will be >.<

I think I'll end up going for the £5 delivery option in order to further reduce costs.. and only move house when it's arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.